Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gantz 373 Discussion/374 Prediction Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 373 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Lol, again with the parallels in this chapter (instead of giants cheering on the slaughter of humans, it's vice versa). Also, its nice we finally get to see that the suits between the Gantzers and giants aren't really different, save for the helmets and design of the gorrila armor/heavy suits.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the chapter is out. Did I miss out on anything significant, like are those kids important? Did we see them anywhere before? And Why did they keep showing that blonde giant with the disinterested look? It seems like this chapter was suppose to be setting up something but I couldn't catch on to it. The only significant thing I saw was Takeshi sleeping in the park which really isn't any big deal.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Coolperson1145's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Rain View Post
    Yeah the chapter is out. Did I miss out on anything significant, like are those kids important? Did we see them anywhere before?
    The one in the middle is Ayumu, Katou's brother...

Quote Quote:
    And Why did they keep showing that blonde giant with the disinterested look? It seems like this chapter was suppose to be setting up something but I couldn't catch on to it. The only significant thing I saw was Takeshi sleeping in the park which really isn't any big deal.
    That was Ivan Gonde, remember? The giant at the beginning of the arc who wanted to kill Kei?

I think I have a good idea on what's being set up here. A bunch of the gantzers will fight and return, Kaze......I think he's next on the death list and then maybe Katou. With the emphasis on both on Ayumu and Katou, I think they both will end up fighting Ivan but both end up being killed and defeated. And then maybe have a way to get to earth so he can kill Kei. If Gantz is going to go on hiatus soon like in the previous rumor, I think everyone but the new group of gantzers(and young ones like takeshi) will be killed off somehow.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Did I miss something, why are those giants wearing Gantz equipment? Blondie's back wooh!

Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 373 Discussion/374 Prediction Thread

He seems to be degraded to some degenerate street fighter, abandoning his advanced equipment. I have no idea how they managed to arrange this one-on-one action sequence, but it's clear that whoever challenges him is toast.

It's a good think Kei-2 is dead, otherwise he might have gone berserk.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Those fighting giants appeared to have been defeated earlier, rather than this being a consensual fight, it seems like the american team defeated them, and are now fighting these captives for amusement, like disgracing POWs.

Anyways, this pretty much kills any chance of some big final showdown, or even of us seeing what the american team did, I suppose we have to assume they just destroyed those space generators on each ship one by one or something. Oh well. I suppose gantz is wrapping up as well, though I really wanted some kind of final fight, preferably with a big boss fight to finish things off like in the video game style this series began with.

Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny how the American teams, obviously having equipment capable of matching the Giants, have willingly stripped themselves of the said gear to engage in some good old fist cuff. Sort of like a reversed ending of the first Predator movie.

Those guys are obviously suited for reality TV-shows. It would only have been better if the Captain Obvious guy talking to the camera was Spencer Pratt.

"Also... when a person is killed, he dies".

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i believe kei will have to save the crew...the american ball being mentioned to be the only"working"ball is for a reason.i think gonde will destroy it...forcing kei to save them.this is the whole reason for the live-streaming...so that everyone will know that they are stuck and need help.

or maybe sebastian shows up and tells kei the only way to bring them back he has to defeat gonde...that would be nice....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TCG's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The gladiatorial fight this chapter seems like a parallel to the fights in the virus-ridden dumpster, with the human crowd cheering on the death just as the Giants civilians did. It's probably to illustrate the idea that the human race is just as cruel as the Giants were, and the only thing that differentiates us is where the power lies. Oku has been firmly pushing this theme all year, and I can't say I prefer it to him taking the time to develop the Zaibatsu in showing humanity's darkest, power-hungry depths.

Well, whatever. I doubt there will be a final clash to this manga that will resonate within us for years to come. Instead moments like the Oni Mission, Osaka and Italy will do. The next few chapters will probably focus on trivial things like the relationship between Kei and Tae, Kato and Anzu, or Kaze, Takeshi and the McClane chick.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    or maybe sebastian shows up and tells kei the only way to bring them back he has to defeat gonde...that would be nice....
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/130027/...70_by_utopia/2

His people already said they won't interfiere again with human affairs. There is no way he is going to show up again.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/130027/...70_by_utopia/2

His people already said they won't interfiere again with human affairs. There is no way he is going to show up again.
    you're probably right...but kei is going to be the key to bringing the rest back to earth...i just don't see another resolve.because obviously the ball will be disabled or destroyed(by gonde i think)....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

damn it

even if Nishi did survive there's no way he's going to be able to beat those aliens

there's no hope.

I do have a question though -> wasn't Gonde supposed to be way bigger than the rest of the giants? He looks pretty normal

Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, are the "competitors" the ones who are trying to get out? Wow the american team must be real assholes.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner dake360's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by winterwyrm View Post
    Those fighting giants appeared to have been defeated earlier, rather than this being a consensual fight, it seems like the american team defeated them, and are now fighting these captives for amusement, like disgracing POWs.

Anyways, this pretty much kills any chance of some big final showdown, or even of us seeing what the american team did, I suppose we have to assume they just destroyed those space generators on each ship one by one or something. Oh well. I suppose gantz is wrapping up as well, though I really wanted some kind of final fight, preferably with a big boss fight to finish things off like in the video game style this series began with.
    I'm starting to think this manga would be a lot better if it was from the point of view of the American teams

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dake360 View Post
    I'm starting to think this manga would be a lot better if it was from the point of view of the American teams
    I just want to know what they did, they said they would strike back, and then suddenly all the giants seemed depressed and they all left in defeat, like this guy when kei and kurono were leaving the ship, he was like sitting on the ground unhappily and allowed himself to be sucked into space due to his despair, as if they had been beaten tremendously, i'm just not sure what could have happened.

I'm holding out for a flashback, but I really shouldn't hold my breath, they probably forgot about that whole "we're going onto the mothership for one final big charge" thing as well. Even the mecha suits seemed ineffective, the zaibatsu's team was easily destroyed and wouldn't have done anything to the giants if not for cherry.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast