Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Toriko 209 Discussion Thread

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko Toriko 209 Discussion Thread

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Toriko.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show
    Last edited by Jorge D. Dragon; October 25, 2012 at 02:17 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 209 Spoiler Thread

209 Chapter Translation credits to Kewl

Thankfully I didn't spend time debating in the last chapter thread about the cliff hanger.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Darklord_NS's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko Translation by Kewl0210

http://mangahelpers.com/t/kewl0210/releases/36141

i am relived teppei is fine, nice chapter

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Juin Jutsu Team's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler pics By JJT

You can find more pics here: Toriko 209 spoiler pics

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member nightshade_nova's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I love how Komatsu is ranked 88th.Fits with his luckiness.
    My Bleach predictions (made 12th October 2010)-
    Spoiler show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm truly relieved.
    Teppei is alive, but it was thanks to luck as he was somehow resqued by other high-level Saiseyas, otherwise he would have been dead.
    So those who were telling that the image with dead Teppei was some sort of intimidation were right. And it also seems that the one who was confronting Teppei was obviously either an enormously strong Chef or Saiseya.
    Also we got a new member of Gourmet Four National Treasures. And it's a Saiseya.

P.S. Also we've got an upcoming capture of Air by the hands of Ichiryu and his crew and we've got a bit of Mansam. Seems that he is damn strong as it was implied if he became serious during Toriko and Co's fight against Four Beast, then Heavingly Kings wouldn't get a chance to shine. Seems Mansam isn't a 3rd strongest member of IGO for nothing. He still seems considerably stronger than all Heavenly Kings combined.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone let me know how many National Treasures we've seen mentioned now?

If this guy is that damn skilled and strong, and not a member of Ichi's 0th Biotope people I wonder whats up with him. I would have said a member of Bishokukai but we just recently had a famous character revealed to switch from good to bad. Maybe this guy was killed?
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Now including this Saiseya we seem to have all Gourmet National Treasures to be revealed.

Here you can see info on them.
    http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Categor...onal_Treasures
    Quote Quote:
    They are 4 of the most priceless treasures of the gourmet age. So far three have been revealed: The currently #2 ranked chef in the world, Setsuno, who formed a 'combo' with Jirou; the master of the Shokurin Temple, Chinchinchin, who formed a 'combo' with Chiyo and trained Chiru in "food etiquette" and the member of the 0th Biotope Malisman.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Phew....Teppei is all right.
    Sorry for doubting the guys who said that the cliffhanger of last week was an intimidation.
    Anyway it seems that we will have a nice chapter.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member jupzter's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well its an Intimidation alright kinda like a little disappointed not because Teppei is still alive but after a cliffhanger like that and I thought that the story is going a notch higher... I mean lets face it no one predicted the last page and geez men the guys are going nuts on the forum... Now were back to normal...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jupzter View Post
    Well its an Intimidation alright kinda like a little disappointed not because Teppei is still alive but after a cliffhanger like that and I thought that the story is going a notch higher... I mean lets face it no one predicted the last page and geez men the guys are going nuts on the forum... Now were back to normal...
    Well, that's true, but this also shows the ability of Shima to create suspence.
    Toriko has still plenty of room for becoming a great manga (which I think is already).

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko has already become a great manga and I do wonder why it doesn't have as much attention as it deserves to worldwide.
    It seems that even though the same Naruto fell down in quality pretty much since the begining of the War and other top mangas fluctuate in terms of quality during the last Arcs, Toriko still doesn't get enough popularity even though last Arcs did have a great quality and plot progression. And the thing I like about last Arcs that Toriko's quality is considerably high most chapters and it doesn't fall. Hope it won't change in the upcoming Arcs.
    And I hope we'll have some interesting plot development in the next chapter as the announcment implies this. And it seems to be connected to Komatsu's rise in Chef's rankings... So he should be deffinetly invited to participate in Cooking Fest. And there we might get a damn interesting confrontation between different Chefs and also we are bound to see a confrontation against Bishokukai.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I really wish he had taken the plunge, but I suppose he does need to save some things for the GW after all, I'm glad teppei is back, but he probably doesn't have a lot left to contribute to the story, plus this is kind of a fakeout, which I really just don't like in general.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't agree that he can't contribute to the story. He seems to be in Toriko's generation and they seems to become the ones who will lead the World to the new Gourmet Age and I believe Teppei will become the strongest Saiseya of his generation, so I don't think that he can't bring anything new to the story.
    Also he still seems to be damn strong, considerably stronger than Zebra, so he will obviously unite with Heavely Kings to fight in the War and help them with ingridients.

P.S. Teppei just faced immensly strong opponent. I doubt even if all Heavenly Kings and he faced this opponent together they would have won. Of course they might have gotten a good tie or forced him to retreat, but I doubt they would have won against such a strong opponent who made Teppei look like a child.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast