Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 209 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 209 Spoiler Thread

Phew, I'm glad Teppei's alive, he's one of my favourite characters. It was so hard-hitting seeing his head like that last week, I was really hoping he wasn't killed off for real. Now to edit the Torik tvtropes page, 'cause someone already (prematurely) updated to say he was dead.

EDIT: Someone beat me to it. :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I accept it this time, but he really shouldn't make fake outs like this a habit. I really just don't want to see this sort of thing happen every ten chapters like in some other manga, but anyways, I seriously think people called to complain, or that shima was kind of undecided about whether or not teppei should be ended like that, he probably changed it one way and then the other, for at least a little while I bet he was planning on having teppei die like that, and changed his mind.

I was seriously like shocked and a bit jaded for the rest of the day after seeing that last page from last week's chapter, seriously, like I was walking around with kind of a disaffected feel until bedtime, that's just how much that page affected me, due to it's style you know, I feel like I was all worked up over no big deal now, but that "death" had a really big impression on me.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, Melk. I'm sure your blade is better than Mihawk's Kokuto Yoru, besides being a fucking beautiful work. But it needs to lose few metres to be considered a knife.
    Last edited by Olho07; October 24, 2012 at 09:00 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mazino's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

english http://eatmanga.com/Manga-Scan/Toriko/Toriko-209
    happy teppei survived only intimidation ..
    also great to see komatsu in the top 100,it was about time=)
    Last edited by Mazino; October 24, 2012 at 08:48 PM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad he didn't died. Disappointing, yes, but glad at the same time.

I would be fine either way to story decided to go with it, though. What's with Teppei scars?
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the scar thing is sort of the consolation prize for us getting trolled lol. As well as revealing her master who I think isn't really the mastermind but could have been trying to stop him/her. But yeah, I think ever since Ichiryuu stated that the Four Beast's arrival was a revival, it was pretty clear that a high tier saiseiya was at the minimum involved somehow, if not the mastermind him/herself. But I highly doubt that a gourmet national treasure would suddenly be revealed and be evil as well with no prior mention in the manga he may have been used somehow. And I still suspect Joa and don't trust the gourmet hermit (what does being a hermit imply about his specialty?).

Also, the person who attacked Teppei was also a ridiculously skilled chef with amazing cooking related intimidation, I'm not sure that a saeseiya could do that in the same way? Wouldn't their intimidation be more along the lines of a regular bishoyuka?

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet my ball Zebra going to perfect this technique by himself at some point. He then will go 'you piece of shit is getting cocky. Eat this' and bang spirit ball unleashed.

Anyway agree with someone saying this series needs more followers. It has surpassed two of the big threes for sure. This series got highest level of fantasy in it than any series I ever read. Shima is really Niizuma Eiji of Bakuman

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh so he imagined his head on a plate. I can't believe i was conned.

I honestly thought Komatsu would get much higher than 88. He saved the world what else do you gotta do to make top 10?
    Devour this Manga

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree senewe, and judging by weekly ratings Toriko is really getting up there, I'm positive that if anyone who likes fantasy manga gave Toriko a chance it would have easily become their favorite manga. I know that I was skeptic when read about food, kitchen knifes, forks etc. thought it was weird, but when I got into it couldn't stop reading anymore.

Now that I've read the English version I can appreciate better what has happened in this chapter. I really like these informative chapters, makes for a nice little break from fighting and we get to discover stuff.

Of course the big twist - Teppei is alive, as I said previously, no objections from me. What came after that is really interesting. Teppei was going to get "cooked" on a chopping board, which can only mean that the Mastermind is a chef, which in turn strengthens Joa theory. Last National treasure is revealed, a saiseya, who apparently revived the Four Beast. He is an unknown at this point, no one can say what side he is on, since saiseyas are known to also revive "bad" ingredients. Because of my previous statements - it's obvious he is NOT the Mastermind.

Zebra's pet is so strong that he could have apparently defeated the Four Beast by himself! I can see now Zebra taking his horse to adventures in the future, and of course, he is only "borrowing" it lol. It appears he has the intention of mastering Ou shoku bansan by himself, which he could only use against a top class opponent that even he is driven to the edge from.

Very glad that chief Mansam's strength is confirmed. It would be cool to see him in action at some point.

Of course, the knife of the knifes, one knife to rule them all. I wonder if this knife (I'll call it "Air Knife") is stronger than Derous Fang. Don't know if there is a subtle nod there from the author to Melk II, that she has surpassed her master by crafting a knife of comparable strength that was also vastly smaller. Maybe it was just intended to show the super cool knife, which is a complete success:P Due to perspective in Toriko sometimes being off, it's hard to deduce the length of the knife, my guess is around 10 meters. They are already going for Air, the battle is about to ensue, major stuff to look forward to.

Komatsu doesn't need even one millimeter of recommendation, he does everything with his own skills Now it seems all the pieces are in place for the long-awaited Cooking Festival, which is bound to be super interesting.

12. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

they are right, I would bet that Dharma horse can kick the four beast's ass.

The horse was not intimidated at all like the three animals

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 209 Discussion Thread

This was a nice chapter.
    Interesting the fact that the guy who resurrected the Four Beast is a Saiseyia and a strong one at that if Teppei felt fear before him.
    I wonder if the National treasure mentioned in this chapter will give Teppei a clue.
    Nice to see Hansam after a long time; as we all guessed, he would have defeated the Four Beast in no time.
    Melk sure forged an amazing sword knife; considering that it will be used on aria, I presume that the Bishokukai will make a comeback.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

well as it stands teppei is alive, as he should and we have learned the 4th member of the NGT. teppei's girlfriend look like heidi and goro's(mortal kombat) love child. the rest of the manga is more about long awaited cook-fest. How the hell did melk carried a ?knife?? like that and how is this practical?
    Komatsu got the rank which i though was higher than he would actually get. (99th ootake's old 1) well i am w8ing for the next arc hopefully it wont dissapoint.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't call it a trolling. It was even predicted here that it could be some kind of intimidation. And this chapter is full of revelations and things to expect in upcoming chapters.
    Komatsu finally made it to top 100, Zebra's Dharma horse is stronger than the 4 beasts, the hunt for "Air" and the new knife from Melk which is freaking awesome, the Saiseya master, about Mansam being capable of defeating the four beasts alone and the possibility that the start of the war is just a few chapters away.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member jupzter's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe these series need more girls to increase more of its popularity and cute one at that...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it was only predicted because some people did not wish to accept that Teppei could die, so they found the best explanation of how he could be possibly be alive. It was a bit awkward though, because ending a chapter with that level of intimidation sort of is trolling because it leaves you with a very out of context view of what's going on that has not been done before in this manga, and in the end it actually turned out to be his dream of that confrontation so it really was the aftermath. But yeah, a whole lot happened in this chapter, it was as solid a chapter as any we've seen and raised even more questions than it answered for sure.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast