Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Toriko 209 Discussion Thread

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 209 Discussion Thread

Lots of awesome this week. Good to see Teppei alive, and to see that we're going to see some more of the Saiseya. That knife was ridiculously amazing. Komatsu's arrival into the top 100 was completely unsurprising, but satisfying nonetheless. As excited as ever to see what happens in the next arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, Melk's knife was completely bad ass. I can't wait for some really high level fights in Toriko. Looking at Zebra's horse and how they said the horse could probably beat the 4 beast, just makes me think the there's no ceiling on how great the upcoming fights can be. But that also makes me think that Zebra really is just borrowing that horse. It just seems kinda odd that how Kiss, Quin, and Terry were just sitting there looking like ants compared to it. Maybe he comes back with a smaller dharma horse or maybe a different pet all together. And I can't wait to see Zebra or even Toriko start doing those type of big moves by themselves.

Another thing I got from the chapter is that it seems like a lot of seemingly "good" guys are going over to the other side or at least going off and doing their own thing. Pukin's master, Mohyan, is probably the one to revive the Four beast. I don't think just the Bishokukai are getting to these guys. I think Jidal and other non-IGO affiliated countries are making major moves too. I think we're gonna be introduced to a few more new enemies soon.

Side note: Did anyone else notice that Pukin had 4 arms? I'd like to see her in a fight.

@Jupzter It's sad, but you're probably right. I don't think Rin is doing it for people and she's not shown alot or even bad ass or ho enough to be a very popular character when compared to the Nami's, Orihime's, and Sakura and Hinata's of the Big Three. But I think at this point not only is it too late to add in any, it would be blatantly obvious and to me would slow down the story from the current pace. Sorta the way we got so many new characters during this current Ninja war in Naruto, which produced some pretty irrelevant fights. I do think Toriko will rise in popularity, but unfortunately only win one of the big 3 ends. Luckily it looks like 2 of them will be done in a couple of years.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    Well, it was only predicted because some people did not wish to accept that Teppei could die, so they found the best explanation of how he could be possibly be alive. It was a bit awkward though, because ending a chapter with that level of intimidation sort of is trolling because it leaves you with a very out of context view of what's going on that has not been done before in this manga, and in the end it actually turned out to be his dream of that confrontation so it really was the aftermath. But yeah, a whole lot happened in this chapter, it was as solid a chapter as any we've seen and raised even more questions than it answered for sure.
    Atleast it wasn't an a$$pull like what's happening in other mangas where senseless things just pop out of nowhere. We've seen that kind of intimidation happen just a couple of chapters back when the four beasts were on the plate and the four kings' intimidation were dressed in tuxe and ready to eat.

BTW, I really am excited to see the President use that "knife". And I'm also thinking if the Bishokukai also has a knife maker. And if they do, I wonder how badass Midora's knife would be.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering about Teppei's scar.
    What does mean the fact that it expanded? Is it a bad omen or the awakening of something inside his body?

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys know what, Shima really understands his reader. I mean how many of you guys were actually wtfed the last page of previous chapter. For me it was more like -this Shima dude really got some balls killing this fan favourite Teppei- kind of wtf... And then how many of you guys wondering about what would happen had the Darma horse was thrown to the battle ground, and Shima knew it thats why he brought it up....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    Atleast it wasn't an a$$pull like what's happening in other mangas where senseless things just pop out of nowhere. We've seen that kind of intimidation happen just a couple of chapters back when the four beasts were on the plate and the four kings' intimidation were dressed in tuxe and ready to eat.

BTW, I really am excited to see the President use that "knife". And I'm also thinking if the Bishokukai also has a knife maker. And if they do, I wonder how badass Midora's knife would be.
    Well, I agree that it was not a$$pull, if you want that go read Bleach lol. My observation wasn't the intimidation, it was the way it was presented in the chapter. They showed a cityscape, then narrowed in on an elegant scene with a couple panels, then finally BOOM, fruit basket from hell/chapter ends. So it looked like reality, not intimation at all simply how it was presented. But starting the next chapter the way it was completely made it ok, because it started well after Teppei was rescued. I think it was actually a pretty brilliant chapter ending, considering how it was followed through with, I didn't mean to make it sound as if I disliked it just how it could have been trolling if it had been handled differently (aka Tite Kubo style).

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I agree that it was not a$$pull, if you want that go read Bleach lol. My observation wasn't the intimidation, it was the way it was presented in the chapter. They showed a cityscape, then narrowed in on an elegant scene with a couple panels, then finally BOOM, fruit basket from hell/chapter ends. So it looked like reality, not intimation at all simply how it was presented. But starting the next chapter the way it was completely made it ok, because it started well after Teppei was rescued. I think it was actually a pretty brilliant chapter ending, considering how it was followed through with, I didn't mean to make it sound as if I disliked it just how it could have been trolling if it had been handled differently (aka Tite Kubo style).
    I agree with what you said on bleach lol. Kubo is the troll king.
    Well I think it was a brilliant way to end an arc. It only shows that Shima doesn't want the readers to think that after the four beasts arc , the story would begin slow again. And with all those exciting things he showed us in the chapter that followed, he's like saying that the roller coaster ride ain't over yet so better hold on tight. And it was really brilliant to me. I'm more excited to read this manga which just finished an arc than the big three who were at the peak of their current arcs.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Good chapter in which we had several settings due to the characters' role in this chapter.

I ain't a fan of huge looking swords knifes but let's await salad for that. It may be something very huge and/or very tough to cut Congratulations to the people who predicted that Teppei got overwhelmed by this mysterious guy's intimidation. Something is not right about him/her and we don't know what group (s)he belongs to. Saiseiya of Joa's faction?
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah... Kitchen-Knife... Sure... Because calling it sword would be mainstream?

Very good chapter. Can't wait for next week. Good for Teppei to be alive.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Shadowriver's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it was only predicted because some people did not wish to accept that Teppei could die, so they found the best explanation of how he could be possibly be alive. It was a bit awkward though, because ending a chapter with that level of intimidation sort of is trolling because it leaves you with a very out of context view of what's going on that has not been done before in this manga, and in the end it actually turned out to be his dream of that confrontation so it really was the aftermath. But yeah, a whole lot happened in this chapter, it was as solid a chapter as any we've seen and raised even more questions than it answered for sure.
    I actually didn't care if he dies or not yet i predict it, if Four Beast had similar visions why not Teppei?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked Ichiryu in this chapter as well as that Kinfe that Melk forged in order to cut Acacia's salad Air. I'm waiting now to see how amazing that salad should be to make Melk forge such a masterpiece.

Also Mansam looked badass in this chapter. I do want him to fight and defeat some strong character at some point. Maybe we'll see it in Cooking Fest Arc?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I really liked Ichiryu in this chapter as well as that Kinfe that Melk forged in order to cut Acacia's salad Air. I'm waiting now to see how amazing that salad should be to make Melk forge such a masterpiece.

Also Mansam looked badass in this chapter. I do want him to fight and defeat some strong character at some point. Maybe we'll see it in Cooking Fest Arc?
    we got another strong character debut in cooking fest arc from 0th biotope top 20 people...that old guy...and he was referred as a very strong person even by ichiru and others...im looking forward to his fight too...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, though I hope he won't come in the begining, but it would be better to see him coming when the fight would be already in its middle fase.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4