Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)

View Poll Results: Does Zero Division posses the final or a higher stage of bankai?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 41.03%
  • Nope

10 25.64%
  • May be or may be not

13 33.33%
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero Division Mega Convo Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zero Division Mega Convo Thread

I'd also wondered if Zero Squad has a hierarchy like other divisions. I agree that they probably have their own captain, who functions as the chief commander in charge of defending the Royal Palace. They likely have a VC as well. His line about no Shinigami being stronger in 1000 years is notable, like you mentioned. If someone like that really is out there, the only place for him is the more senior position of Zero Squad captain. I can't imagine anyone else standing up to Juha Bach wielding Zanka no Tachi + Vollstandig (if indeed he can use them in tandem).

Numbers wise, captain class Shinigami don't come along that often, but then this institution must be thousands of years old. The Soul King must pre-date the Gotei 13, maybe even Soul Society, and captain class Shinigami must have been running around for a long time, so I would imagine the Royal Guard had it's share of recruits to choose from when it was first formed. So adding them to the captains who passed through the Gotei 13, I would guess there are at least 30 or 40 RG. Which does beg the question of how the Vandenreich hope to handle them, even with Bach's huge personal power.

And just regarding the thing about dealing with Menos Grande, I seem to remember Rukia saying it was elite Shinigami who dealt with them. That's more likely to mean vice captains and maybe 3rd seats than captains, let alone Royal Guards. Their duty is to protect the King and nothing else. I'm sure the only reason they're about to mobilise against the Vandenreich is because anything that could crush Yama and the Gotei 13 presents a legitimate threat to the King. Plus, someone has to work to maintain the balance of souls, and there are no other Shinigami to do it right now.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

well according to me initially they were just a bunch of brutes(JB pointed this out)...too strong and cannot be controlled...that is why they have been locked up in another dimension...not fit to live in a controlled society...with time some of the refined captains might have joined the ranks but overall they are just barbaric...that is why some of the senior captains who might be as strong as them didn't join their ranks...their fighting spirit will be almost like kenpachi while their arrogance will be on byakuyas level...and when it comes to battle their most fearsome ability will be that they do not enjoy peace at all...war is like heaven to them...on top of that those guys must be hungry for battle since long time...so when they are unleashed they will be like beasts...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BrunoGF's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I never heard about the squad zero having menos slaying duties though. Where was this said?
    When the 1st Menos appeared in Karakura Town Rukia stated that they were under the jurisdiction of "elite Shinigami" to deal with. Some translations have this written as "Special Task Force" that were correlated as the Royal Guard, but it's probably just a mistranslation.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The page in question:
    http://www.mangapanda.com/94-502-8/b...hapter-48.html

It seems like a mistranslation. Clearly Rukia here is just referring to the Gotei 13, as opposed to Ichigo by himself.

I think the Zero Squad is quite small, as some have mentioned. Maybe one for each division of the Gotei 13. I do think they're all at least Kyoraku and Ukitake's level.
    I'm afraid to hype them up too much so that I don't end up disappointed, but in the back of my mind I'm really envisioning a group of Yamamoto's.

That.....would be fucking awesome.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What I understood from that is that only elite shinigami handle menos. Basically menos were the sort of hollow handled directly by seated officers. Perhaps I was wrong about that assumption though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    What I understood from that is that only elite shinigami handle menos. Basically menos were the sort of hollow handled directly by seated officers. Perhaps I was wrong about that assumption though.
    that would be the case. Menos are nothing compared to the power level of normal captains; even vice captains. Zero Squad won't be bothered with so small matter.

about the squad, i think this squad has very small number of members. around 10 maybe.
    Naruto Forever

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Defeat of Gotei 13 and especially Yamamoto is the only possibility I see when Zero Division has to protect SS King. Now, if they are the last resort for SS King, should not they be the most powerful organization? How can members weaker than Gotei 13 possibly defeat someone who defeated captains?

They could be weaker but the only possibility comes to my mind is having utmost faith in Gotei 13 and Yamamoto.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I have some serious doubts that anyone could think the Zero Squad weaker then the this Gotei, i know we know very little about them but it stands to reason you need that little bit extra to become a member. I mean imagine that it turns out that actually the Blood thirsty Gotei of 1000/2000 years ago actually didn't crock it but was taken silently to protect the Soul King due to the fact they didn't take Yama's direction.....
    Spoiler show

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    I have some serious doubts that anyone could think the Zero Squad weaker then the this Gotei, i know we know very little about them but it stands to reason you need that little bit extra to become a member. I mean imagine that it turns out that actually the Blood thirsty Gotei of 1000/2000 years ago actually didn't crock it but was taken silently to protect the Soul King due to the fact they didn't take Yama's direction.....
    Well, if you think about it the idea that they would be that much stronger than the gotei 13 itself is also a tad strange. I mean, so far the royal guard are made up of shinigami who are as far as we know basically the same as any other shinigami we have seen. So how much sense would it be that the lot of them are significantly stronger than the gotei 13, an organization's whose entire worth lied with its captain level shinigami. Even if the average of the royal guard is higher I still don't quite see them being that much stronger as a whole. I think the lot of them are simply going to be older shinigami who had different duties from the gotei 13. Its not like the gotei 13 lost because they were plain weak either, they lost because vandereich had a mcmuffin which could reduce the power of the squads down to a fraction. As far as we know the same would apply for the royal guard.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a food for thought : are there only SHINIGAMI in the Royal Guard?Is there even a small,tiny possibilty for VL's or Quincies or humans with special abilities to be coerced in joining the Royal Guard?

Also,the Shinigami within Royal Guard,are they only Shinigami ? What if they can actually Hollowfy and control their Hollow to an extent,something similar to what Tousen did.Not sure about this though.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I have my doubts about there being beings other than shinigami in the royal. I mean, before aizen came along traveling to HM was not a simple task for captains. Even mayuri had trouble with that and only after raiding grants' lab was he able to get it right. Even urahara today does not have the efficiency aizen had to travel (aizen did not have to do the reiatsu pathways). I don't see the royals having an immediate access route to HM. Even if they did HM is dangerous even for captain level shinigami. How would they go about not only finding but recruiting a VL? How would the dinamics worth with someone plainly something entirely different from shinigami and actually monsterlike (not even beastlike) in appearance? The quincy seem hellbent on destroying SS and in all likelihood want to take over the soul king so there would be a few impractical points of keeping a quincy in their ranks.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member union98's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt the 0 squad has the organization that a lot of people are thinking it would have. More likely what happened was that original, Yama's group was the sole protector of all things Soul Society related all the way until the Quincy wars. He and his group at the time were ruthless and probably did whatever it took to get the job done....kind of like a group of mercenaries or like a ragtag group of superheroes like the avengers or something. A group of people who are individually badass in their own rights when together, they just have that much more badassery. So once the quincy wars end a peace happens, Yama probably decided to start the academy to train shinigami and to actually create some order, but in order to do that, he himself had to change to a degree. He probably realized, however, that there would still be a need for a mercenary type group of badass fighters and that's probably how the 0 squad was started. The Seretei and the academy, the council in central 42, all of this was order and organization. The 0 squad is the opposite of all of this...they probably wouldn't have fit in this paradigm of peace and tranquility anyway.
    =====================================================================
    "I troll...therefore, I am..."

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Squad Zero should contain a group of damn strong ex-Captains. Some from Yama's generation, some from Shunsui's and Ukitake's generation and I believe they are organized as a normal Squad, having a Captain who should be at least around Yama's level or maybe even higher in terms of overall power, Vice Captain, somewhere around Isshin-Aizen level and others like Shunsui and Ukitake in terms of power.
    And well I believe in terms of age they should be mostly quite old. At least older than 500 years as it seems even Rukia is older than 200 years as when she met Ichi she was already 200...

P.S. About their actual abilities. I believe they might be top-notch Shinigamis who mastered their Shinigami powers to some insane degree and might have achieved new level of Zanpaktou release like Ichi's and Isshin's FGT.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

hey if i may suggest
    it seems to me that squad 0 consists only of captains that at bare minimum can at least fight with the old man captain yamatao (misspelling) at equal footing easily. Also the captain/leader of squad 0 is actually stronger then even yamatato hence he is there, should yamatato die then he will show his true strength. Also these captains have perfected their technique and have merged with their bankai without loosing any abilities in other words are able to reproduced ichigo's final tensho getsuga (technique) without loosing any side abilities.

One thing is defintely certain, ichigo's dad issin is definitely from squad 0. he wasn't fighting with aizen just toying around and hasn't shown any of his abilities, assuming the father and son have similar abilities (hinted by the face that issin told ichigo of a final getsuga existing at all) he is a true monster and also one of the true war potentials.
    Also urahara is an odd one too for a man to hold a female zanpankto is unique cause no one else has this unique option and considering he also saw the "king" like aizen they both are also on par fighting levels of yamatao.
    also the concept of these shinigmai having hollow abilities isn't far fetched as aizen was after it for the same reason so this is also a possibility

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amitnaruto View Post
    and have merged with their bankai without loosing any abilities in other words are able to reproduced ichigo's final tensho getsuga (technique) without loosing any side abilities.
    Merged with their bankai - in what sense? I suppose you mean like Ichigo did - for all we know his bankai could be unstealable because he's had hidden quincy power or because he's a hybrid shinigami-hollow. There's been only 1 hint of power merging deeper, the lines on Ichi's face which closely resemble hollow mask's ones, http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/503/10.

he wasn't fighting with aizen just toying around and hasn't shown any of his abilities
    You're saying that's why he must be damn strong? Captain-level at least, but there are huge differences even between shinigami of the same rank, and even not counting CC.

assuming the father and son have similar abilities (hinted by the face that issin told ichigo of a final getsuga existing at all) he is a true monster and also one of the true war potentials.
    Yes, it seems he knows FGT so he should've learned and maybe used it before. But final boost always gives insane power, even if you took Yuki Ryuunosuke and taught him a variant of FGT, he'd be crazy strong, too. It's not a measure of present strength.

Also urahara is an odd one too for a man to hold a female zanpakuto is unique cause no one else has this unique option
    He's not unique. Kyoraku's zan is also female.

and considering he also saw the "king" like aizen they both are also on par fighting levels of yamamoto.
    From all we know, Aizen and Urahara know something about the king. Why must they've seen him, and how could they've seen him?
    Aizen said himself that he's NOT on par with Yama. Before being hougyoku'd and immortal. When he's immortal, sure he can't be beaten by Yama, but I'm sure Yama'd give Aizen a ZT North, and ZT North, and another ZT North, and so on until Aizen is sealed again.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast