Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Does Zero Division posses the final or a higher stage of bankai?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 41.03%
  • Nope

10 25.64%
  • May be or may be not

13 33.33%
New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero Division Mega Convo Thread

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zero Division Mega Convo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    The transformations brought on by Gin and Ichigo were different. With Gin, it was because the fear and desperation of impending death pushed him further. With Ichigo, he claims it was because the Hogyoku was unwilling to let him lose, though it's more likely that he was just pushed by pure rage. In this case, he transformed because as he says, the Hogyoku finally understood his will to go higher. It was nothing to do with Isshin pushing him.

I'm not sure what proof I can give you here. The implication seems pretty clear to me.
    Yup, Hogyoku understood he wanted to go higher, because he had to get stronger. There's no implication. Isshin asks, Aizen responds it's limit as a Shinigami, which means nothing else than "As a Shinigami I'm weaker than you, but I'll reach new heights soon". And I showed you a page where we see, that Isshin did better than Aizen. Aizen didn't even consider himself better. He agreed that it seems it's his limit of strength as a Shinigami. He didn't say "I reached the end of my time as a Shinigami" like you said. He said he'd reachnew heights, above those of Shinigamis.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Did he do better, though? As I said, Isshin had the bruises. Even though Aizen was panting and slouching (I think that was the word you were looking for earlier, btw), Isshin hadn't managed to strike him, even if Isshin was indeed the reason Aizen slowed down. At best, they are evenly matched, but nothing we saw conclusively shows Isshin as being superior. I suppose it's not the best battle to judge either side by, since neither of them went as far as using their Shikai or anything.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Did he do better, though? As I said, Isshin had the bruises. Even though Aizen was panting and slouching (I think that was the word you were looking for earlier, btw), Isshin hadn't managed to strike him, even if Isshin was indeed the reason Aizen slowed down. At best, they are evenly matched, but nothing we saw conclusively shows Isshin as being superior. I suppose it's not the best battle to judge either side by, since neither of them went as far as using their Shikai or anything.
    The thing with their Bankai is... do they really have one? Isshin regained his powers after 20 years (?), he would go Bankai if he could as he was pushed back after transformation. Aizen was a captain, but fooled SS to think his bankai was ice-type or something similar. Maybe he had only Shikai. Maybe he went bankai after getting hit with FGT. He made everyone think he lost his sword, but he could mindfuck Juha.

If Aizen was already panting it was a matter of time until Isshin strikes him. If their fight was longer we would know more, but know it's hard to judge. I think Isshin DID better. His stamina was better it seems. Aizen was crushed through 3 buildings with a poke, Isshin was attacked with Kido. After exchanging blows Aizen seemed tired.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Isshin obviously has Bankai. If you achieved it once you'll never loose it under normal conditions. Exept for the situation current Captains faced against Quincies, you normally can't loose your Bankai.

So the thing that Isshin didn't use his Bankai against Aizen isn't because he couldn't do it. It was plot induced stupidity and that's all. It was stated by Isshin himself, when he was talking with Urahara after taking down Big Fisher, that he didn't get weaker, so we should assume that he is still in his prime. The same Kubo stated that Shunsui could have taken Aizen in FKT down with his Bankai, but didn't do it, because it was Ichigo who needed to take Aizen down, so the fact of not using Bankai isn't a fact of weakness for this characters.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Well, Isshin obviously has Bankai. If you achieved it once you'll never loose it under normal conditions. Exept for the situation current Captains faced against Quincies, you normally can't loose your Bankai.

So the thing that Isshin didn't use his Bankai against Aizen isn't because he couldn't do it. It was plot induced stupidity and that's all. It was stated by Isshin himself, when he was talking with Urahara after taking down Big Fisher, that he didn't get weaker, so we should assume that he is still in his prime. The same Kubo stated that Shunsui could have taken Aizen in FKT down with his Bankai, but didn't do it, because it was Ichigo who needed to take Aizen down, so the fact of not using Bankai isn't a fact of weakness for this characters.
    One could argue Isshin didn't find Bankai useful when he couldn't even feel Aizen's reiatsu. About Shunsui... his bankai is said to be troublesome to people around, so it wasn't safe to use it.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we were talking about his fight with normal base Aizen, so I think he didn't either use Shikai or Bankai mostly due to plot reasons as it was Ichigo's role to take down Aizen as Kubo stated.

About Sunsui's Bankai... Well, it's really difficult. It isn't really clear what Ukitake meant with that comment of his. So it might mean something different.

Also it's really interessting when we are going to see Royal Guard. Will they come in the upcoming chapters or we will either see Isshin talking to his son? And if Ichigo talks to his father, then we may get Isshin Gaiden already and another TBP Arc.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

For the discussion involving Aizen vs Isshin go here >> Isshin vs Aizen (shinigami)

ex oriente lux

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D.Dragon
    Also it's really interessting when we are going to see Royal Guard. Will they come in the upcoming chapters or we will either see Isshin talking to his son? And if Ichigo talks to his father, then we may get Isshin Gaiden already and another TBP Arc.

Well,Juha did say that "the Zero Squad will show up,let's retreat" so I think it's inevitable and it would be a bad move from Kubo to not show them up in the coming chapters.What I would LOL at would be if the RG show up,see SS destroyed,Yama-jii gone,and sense Ichigo's reiatsu,now that it also has Quincy reiatsu within him and would attack him,believing him to be the enemy,though it doesn't seem to make sense.I do expect them to show up in the next 10 chapters or so at most,and I would LOVE for Kubo to do a color cover showing the entrance of the RG and all the characters directly in color-cover,how awesome would that be...

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it depends.
    If we are going to witness Isshin's past via flashback, then there is no problem if we'll see Royal Guard not so soon, because in terms of actual manga time it would be still soon.
    Still, there are tons of possibilities. They might come now and carry out some plan or they may come a bit later. And I don't even know what I want more.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else thought that Fullbring is just something that Execution was calling their powers which in a sense was just Quincy powers
    Spoiler show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    Anyone else thought that Fullbring is just something that Execution was calling their powers which in a sense was just Quincy powers
    Nah absolutely different, the basis for Fullbring is different from the way Quincy fight. Quincy gather the reishi around them to use, while Fullbringer's powers originally come from the Hollow reiryoku, meaning that they're closer to Hollows rather than other races. Also Fullbringer's powers consist on manipulating the souls of objects, and also by developing an affinity towards an object (Tsukishima's bookmark, Ginjo's necklace etc) he can alter the form of that object and boost it
    Last edited by Zehahaha; November 05, 2012 at 04:40 AM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Zero Squad may take over leadership in Soul Society, with Yama-ji gone now. Makes sense in a way, not sure how they will feel about Ichigo being involved in the battle too.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it depends. They might take control over SS or might not. The actual control over SS normally lies in the hands of Central 46, while Gotei 13 obeys their oders...
    I believe Zero Squad might come a bit later, when Shinigami will be ready to fight Quincy. And it doesn't really seem to be that soon.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member espadaboyzz's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think RG will not lead SS after Yamaji gone because they only protect the King IMO. Maybe, some new shinigami or current captain will lead the SS and i suspect Unohana will be substitute captain-commander for a while. I guess we will see Hikifune 1st before we see all the royal guard. Cant wait!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's not really the RG's job to take care of Soul Society. The only reason they're going to show up now is because anything that can ruin the Gotei 13 presents a threat to the Soul King, so they're taking the initiative, rather than waiting for the Vandenreich to show up at their door. Plus, there's not really much Soul Society for the RG to take care of right now.

New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast