Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Does Zero Division posses the final or a higher stage of bankai?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 41.03%
  • Nope

10 25.64%
  • May be or may be not

13 33.33%
New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Zero Division Mega Convo Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zero Division Mega Convo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Markus View Post
    yeah, but you obviously know that "Tousen", "Yoruichi" and "Killer Bee" in the mangas have one thing in common that all the other 99% of characters don't, right?.

don't defend ignorance, man. seriously. i like manga, but it's obvious how things are quote on quote "perceived" and don't rationalize that fact.
    that's all i'm saying.
    They can wear violet clothes like no ones else can? Those 99% have 0% of crazy designs? Speak yourself out, nobody needs cryptic messages like that.

And there he is gone.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Markus View Post
    yeah, but you obviously know that "Tousen", "Yoruichi" and "Killer Bee" in the mangas have one thing in common that all the other 99% of characters don't, right?.

don't defend ignorance, man. seriously. i like manga, but it's obvious how things are quote on quote "perceived" and don't rationalize that fact.
    that's all i'm saying.
    Certain characters are obviously different from the rest however that does not change that mangaka in Japan do not actually draw mangas with solely white characters. Yes, yoruichi is something different (not sure if she is meant to be black, latin or of the darker variety of asians) and killebee and tousen are obviously black however those characters were supposed to be different. Do you really think kubo in this particular case would draw ichigo, orihime and a number of other characters to be white even though kubo himself is Japanese, the primary manga buyers are in Japan and shinigami as a whole are meant to be inspired by Japanese myth afterlife? Even with blond characters it is hard to coherently argue they are "white". Manga characters are already drawn with blue, pink, red, purple and a number of other weird hair colors. As far as manga artist are concerned giving a character yellow hair is not different from giving them orange, blue or purple hair. The ignorance lies in thinking that asian authors are for some reason drawing white people rather than asian people. When authors draw "white" people or in general foreign people they actually make a point of making them quirky enough to make it evident they are not meant to be Japanese or asian. How many times have manga seen "foreign" characters whose only difference with other characters is the fact that these foreign characters are either outright thugs or plain effeminate?

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you people have realized that Senjumaru is probably a guy?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Senjumaru is her last name, her first names Shutara. I guess Shutara could be a guys name.....but nothing points to her/it being a man. Of course, this is Kubo, I could see it just for the sake of trolling. Look at Hikifune .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

At first I was face palming myself when I saw the Zero division but with this last chapter Kubo did what I hoped and started to build on what can become interesting characters. I am wondering who Shutara is, kinda odd skills for a Shinigami, also this "healing" that their about to perform. Whats that about? I am guessing they dabble a bit on the dark side for the sake of good.
    Kind of like a bunch of anti heros. I am pleased so far though, but I do still get some One Peice vibes from them :P
    Could the Sage of Six Paths be named Sanada Yukimura?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Senjumaru is her last name, her first names Shutara. I guess Shutara could be a guys name.....but nothing points to her/it being a man. Of course, this is Kubo, I could see it just for the sake of trolling. Look at Hikifune .
    No, his LAST name is Shutara and his FIRST name is Senjumaru; the -maru (丸) is a common guy name suffix.

You can check in the image above:
    Spoiler show

Well he/she is either a man or a some kind of artifical body/soul or something like that
    Last edited by Kokuryuu; November 24, 2012 at 07:55 PM.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

VR invaded SS, while killing the CC, his bankai was stolen along with bankais of many other captains. Juha and SRs were strong to the point that CC and captains lost to them and they also had new weapons captured by their medallions. Yamamoto's bankai all alone was immensely powerful to destroy everything and everyone. Yet, they retreated. Annihilating rest of the Gotei 13 to nothingness would not have been any issue. Then, why they stopped? I can't think of any strategic reason except the expected arrival of Zero Division. Does it hint how strong they are?

Am I wrong in saying their bankai will not be stolen or at least easy stolen? They should be as strong as CC or if even lesser, SRs should not be able to steal their bankais. Juha stole Yamamoto bankai himself because it was so strong and no one else could have been able to do it. I believe it would be the same for the members of ZD.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    VR invaded SS, while killing the CC, his bankai was stolen along with bankais of many other captains. Juha and SRs were strong to the point that CC and captains lost to them and they also had new weapons captured by their medallions. Yamamoto's bankai all alone was immensely powerful to destroy everything and everyone. Yet, they retreated. Annihilating rest of the Gotei 13 to nothingness would not have been any issue. Then, why they stopped? I can't think of any strategic reason except the expected arrival of Zero Division. Does it hint how strong they are?

Am I wrong in saying their bankai will not be stolen or at least easy stolen? They should be as strong as CC or if even lesser, SRs should not be able to steal their bankais. Juha stole Yamamoto bankai himself because it was so strong and no one else could have been able to do it. I believe it would be the same for the members of ZD.
    Well, didn't the VR retreat because they or Juha Bach could only operate for a limited amount of time outside the Schatten Bereich area? Also, Juha Bach lost quite a few number of Stern Ritter (his main battle force), so it makes sense he would retreat to reassess the strength of his army and make adjustments (probably replacing a few fallen Quincy soldiers the strong ones at least) before heading into the next major battle against the 13 divisions, Zero division, and Ichigo
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuryuu View Post
    No, his LAST name is Shutara and his FIRST name is Senjumaru; the -maru (丸) is a common guy name suffix.

You can check in the image above:
    Spoiler show

Well he/she is either a man or a some kind of artifical body/soul or something like that
    That's funny, I'd assumed the scanlators just got her names in the wrong order or something. So the given name is Senjumaru? I still don't think that makes her a man, though. I mean, she's obviously a female character, just by looking at the way she's drawn. It could just be that she's got a weird name. Why not? Everything else about her is weird, with the six giant arms and whatnot.

...But on the other hand, she does seem to be a scientist of a similar nature to Mayuri, who we know is into modifying his own body - and he alters his appearance regularly, maybe Senjumaru just takes it a step further. Maybe Senjumaru really is a man, and he modified his body into the shape we're seeing now.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Only that the major battle with the G13 was supposed to happen in that invasion we've just observed or was that all for nothing but stealing CC's bankai after all? I still believe that the Schatten was only a limiting factor because they had planed their retreat from the very beginning.

I don't need any traps in the Royal Guards, just for once let the ratio of strong females to males be nearly equal. :P Didn't stop the animators from turning Zabimaru into two female characters[yes not canon, but that's NOT the point.].
    Last edited by Schabrak; November 25, 2012 at 11:19 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely agree, I was pleasantly surprised to see two ladies in the Royal Guard, rather than just the obligatory one. Especially after how useless Harribel turned out to be. So I hope Senjumaru is just a name (and I assume it is). I was just bouncing the idea around.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    That's funny, I'd assumed the scanlators just got her names in the wrong order or something. So the given name is Senjumaru? I still don't think that makes her a man, though. I mean, she's obviously a female character, just by looking at the way she's drawn. It could just be that she's got a weird name. Why not? Everything else about her is weird, with the six giant arms and whatnot.

...But on the other hand, she does seem to be a scientist of a similar nature to Mayuri, who we know is into modifying his own body - and he alters his appearance regularly, maybe Senjumaru just takes it a step further. Maybe Senjumaru really is a man, and he modified his body into the shape we're seeing now.
    Oh, when science and modifying bodies considered, I just remembered Orochimaru in Naruto taking over a female's body as vessel for him. So, a man in a female's body through modification just doesn't sound like it's nonsense now (=

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Juha stole Yamamoto bankai himself because it was so strong and no one else could have been able to do it.
    I believe the correct translation was something along those lines:

"I told Royd not to do anything. We could have stolen your bankai from the start, but I'm the only one who can control its immense power."

http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...4-page-14.html

I was close!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, that was a good move. Why attack head on an enemy on whom I have zero infos ? Gathering infos , observing them is a good move
    Also, I believe that they can't stay out of the Shatten Bereich area as BASED Shinigami said, maybe their castle is in a separate dimension... Could explain their longevity maybe ? Perhaps time flows there differently

@Schabrak

Actually, Zabimaru becoming a woman is canon, it was shown in those mini panels that Kubo does in some chapters/tomes (as they usually serve as a story for the Omake)

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a random thought: in TBTP, Urahara said he was going to create the Research and Development Institute, something that didn't exist in Gotei before. So what Shutara said about loose security shouldn't have been related to RDI, but rather to 12th division or Gotei in general. And he/she(/both? ) shouldn't have been a member of a former RDI.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast