Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Does Zero Division posses the final or a higher stage of bankai?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 41.03%
  • Nope

10 25.64%
  • May be or may be not

13 33.33%
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Zero Division Mega Convo Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zero Division Mega Convo Thread

Either Kubo is simply retconning it in an ugly way, the translation isn't that clear or there was some kind of bigger security (issue) before the RDI came into existence. It's not like people only started to spy and steal/had something to hide once Urahara tasted his project.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else noticed the Zero division have no visible zanpakutos?
    Could this be hinting at their different connection to their zans? Maybe they fuse with the blade or something.
    Last edited by Notak; November 30, 2012 at 10:07 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    Anyone else noticed the Zero division have no visible zanpakutos?
    Could this be hinting at their different connection to their zans? Maybe they fuse with the blade or something.
    Or maybe they didn't bring their Zanpakutos?
    Or maybe they hid their Zanpakutos?

I'm going with "didn't bring their Zanpakutos" because they aren't going on a battlefield, they only came to rebuild.
    Also in SS arc, in certain cases, the use of Zanpakuto was restricted (until the ryoka came anyway).

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think their zampakuto aren't visible rather than them not having them. Shinigami can disguise their zampakuto in any ways they want so it shouldn't be a problem to begin with. I would think that those hand thingys are shutara's zampakuto though.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I would think their zampakuto aren't visible rather than them not having them. Shinigami can disguise their zampakuto in any ways they want so it shouldn't be a problem to begin with. I would think that those hand thingys are shutara's zampakuto though.
    Another option to consider. I agree with this the most. Yama carries some kind of a fat stick or log with him which disguises his zanpakuto.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

I would die if Yakuza guy pulled out a wakizashi from his hair...it would be too cool........I tend to think though that these guys are at the very top of their league in shinigami powers they should still be a threat to most people with just hakuda, hoho and kidou
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodai Senkan Mora View Post
    I would die if Yakuza guy pulled out a wakizashi from his hair...it would be too cool........I tend to think though that these guys are at the very top of their league in shinigami powers they should still be a threat to most people with just hakuda, hoho and kidou
    Ichigo was with just his fighting style: ch 152
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Ichigo was with just his fighting style: ch 152
    Ichigo is still one of the best hand-to-hand fighters in the country. At least he beat Tatsuki, that was 2nd in country because of her broken arm. That is in real life, before being Shinigami. And now that he has Shinigami powers and he honed his skills (whole manga), body (training FB) and reflexes (stated at the beggining of FB arc), he should be unbeatable in hand-to-hand combat.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Hmm, imagine if their zans are actually stuff they're wearing, like the monk's necklace-thing. Kinda like Fullbring in that a regular object turns into a sword. But that's unlikely to be true I guess.

Or, they're in some sort of fusion with their swords, or permanent shikai/bankai?

We've seen permanent shikai, but never permanent bankai.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

So we now know that the condition for being inducted into Zero Division is contributing something of major value to Soul Society as a whole. I'm wondering if this is the only requirement, or if the massive power they're said to possess is also a requirement. It's possible that only innovators are invited to join, and then the Soul King grants them the augmented strength afterwards.

Either way, Yamamoto would seem to meet the requirements. His enormous strength is well documented, but on top of that, he also founded the Shinigami Academy and of course the Gotei 13 - both major contirbutions to the history of Soul Society and Shinigami I think. As for why he wasn't brought into Zero Division, I would guess that either a) he was invited, but felt that it was more important for him to oversee the organisation he'd established, or b) it was the Soul King who thought Yama was more valuable at the head of the Gotei 13.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    So we now know that the condition for being inducted into Zero Division is contributing something of major value to Soul Society as a whole. I'm wondering if this is the only requirement, or if the massive power they're said to possess is also a requirement. It's possible that only innovators are invited to join, and then the Soul King grants them the augmented strength afterwards.

Either way, Yamamoto would seem to meet the requirements. His enormous strength is well documented, but on top of that, he also founded the Shinigami Academy and of course the Gotei 13 - both major contirbutions to the history of Soul Society and Shinigami I think. As for why he wasn't brought into Zero Division, I would guess that either a) he was invited, but felt that it was more important for him to oversee the organisation he'd established, or b) it was the Soul King who thought Yama was more valuable at the head of the Gotei 13.
    I agree. Even though Yama is not scientist of some sort, creating the Shino acadamy that have trained thousand of Shinigami is no trivial matter. It has significantly affect SS's history by continually creating captain/ vice captain material students like Shunsui, Uki, Hitsu, Tousen... Furthermore, Aizen himself stated that Yama represent the history of SS himself, so he's definitely a RG candidate had he found someone to replace him.

New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9