Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who is the strongest?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marui Bunta/Kite Eishirou

0 0%
  • Shiraishi Kuranosuke/Kirihara Akaya

1 10.00%
  • Taira Yoshiyuki/Momoshiro Takeshi

0 0%
  • Akutsu Jin/Kawamura Takashi

2 20.00%
  • Yagyuu Hiroshi/Liliadent Krauser

0 0%
  • Shishido Ryou/Tanishi Kei

0 0%
  • Inui Sadaharu/Yanagi Renji

2 20.00%
  • Date Danji/Ishida Gin

0 0%
  • Oishi Shuuichirou/Kikumaru Eiji

2 20.00%
  • Oshitari Yuushi/Kaidou Kaoru

0 0%
  • Hakamada Izou/Mitsuya Akuto

0 0%
  • Tachibana Kippei/Chitose Senri

3 30.00%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Bonus Round] Doubles 1

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

[Bonus Round] Doubles 1

Determine the strongest Doubles pair of the tournament.

Spoiler: The Characters show

The bonus round ends on Thursday, October 25th 8 PM GMT.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Bonus Round] Doubles 1

Golden Pair FTW

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Akutsu/Kawamura could pull off a slaughtering. I'm gonna go with them.
    something like... 80th Hadoukyuu for a few serves. That removes a lot of players on here.

Then 108th Hadoukyuu serves. We have even less pairs alive.
    Akutsu is amazing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

It's either Taira Yoshiyuki/Momoshiro Takeshi or Akutsu Jin/Kawamura Takashi for me. I don't view a lot of player as they can take a shot that break spot light and still be alive. I know Taira/Momo lose in final, but they are still stronger team in my eyes.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Taira/Momoshiro is another good pair (just because BJK is almost unreturnable, Momo is really OP here lol). Data Pair is really strong, WoK has a huge fan base (I didn't see them winning in any discussion yet they won every single match... almost like Jirou did) and I really like Shiraishi/Kirihara...

Kaoz you did great with the pairs , I would have replaced strong pair with Hirakoba/Amane (or something like that, Amane was useless in S2 lol).

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    Taira/Momoshiro is another good pair (just because BJK is almost unreturnable, Momo is really OP here lol). Data Pair is really strong, WoK has a huge fan base (I didn't see them winning in any discussion yet they won every single match... almost like Jirou did) and I really like Shiraishi/Kirihara...

Kaoz you did great with the pairs , I would have replaced strong pair with Hirakoba/Amane (or something like that, Amane was useless in S2 lol).
    Jirou and WoK are surely the team with the strongest fan base, lol. I'll love to see anyone with evidence that they are stronger than 3rd court pair, anytime now.

Jirou also had good fan base. But I think he won his match pretty fair and square. The only match that he win that I think he had no chance winning is the 1st match, his match with Kenya. He had a pretty decent chance at winning the rest of his match.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Jirou and WoK are surely the team with the strongest fan base, lol. I'll love to see anyone with evidence that they are stronger than 3rd court pair, anytime now.

Jirou also had good fan base. But I think he won his match pretty fair and square. The only match that he win that I think he had no chance winning is the 1st match, his match with Kenya. He had a pretty decent chance at winning the rest of his match.
    Yeah, I tried to defend Jirou in his first match and I almost won the discussion, and I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids and their stupid Airgrimes! (lol I'm not trying to offend you, it's a Scooby-Doo reference). Airgrimes destroyed me in that match, there was nothing I could do for poor Jirou, although I still think that if that match happens, Jirou has a high probability of winning (but I accept Kenya was better there).

Against Kojinki, that was a close match. And against Amane, I actually tried to make a fair match and defended David lol (Jirou destroyed him).

I still can't believe WoK won against Kirihara/Shiraishi (this pair won against GP, and GP won against Data Pair... GP DP and K/S are all better than WoK for me :/ )

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

@Eiji Kikumaru,
    I also like Jirou, but after being neglected since his appearance, there just isn't enough to go by that he can still win matches.
    Konjiki can also be argued to defeat Jirou may I add.

Jirou lost his argument against Kenya. But against Konjiki, everybody was ignorant and ignored anything against him.
    It was far worse with WoK. Everybody suddenly involved the plot saying they can't lose.

Nobody actually ever gave reasoning for WoK. Disappointed in how people overrated them despite their loss to Washio/Suzuki.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

WoK discussions sucked, it was useless to fight against them . I remember that in every single match, every one was like "...and Chitose has Saiki", it was impossible lol

Kaoz, do a makeshift pairs tournament sometime :3

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I just believe in Shiraishi/Akaya.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    WoK discussions sucked, it was useless to fight against them . I remember that in every single match, every one was like "...and Chitose has Saiki", it was impossible lol

Kaoz, do a makeshift pairs tournament sometime :3
    I know!!!
    That just left me confused. To be so retarded and keep mentioning SKnK lol. That was just a joke.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember though, in a tournament where argument has no value and it's only about the vote count, you're apt to get silly arguments.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Remember though, in a tournament where argument has no value and it's only about the vote count, you're apt to get silly arguments.
    That's what I realized too late.
    I realized that extremely few people were waiting until later to cast their votes or open to changing their vote.
    People just voted for who they liked.

Like how Fuji got actual votes against Sanada and Yuki.
    Like how Kintaro got actual votes against Yuki.
    They stood out to me but there were some other ones where a discussion wasn't too necessary but votes for characters that would realistically be comfortably defeated were rather high.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol about the Fuji thing, I couldn't control myself, I knew he was going to lose both matches anyway (although his match with Sanada was a close one).

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

WoK argument annoy greatly annoys me. No one presented any actual argument that they'll might win. They just say "plot". At first, I find that kinda okayish. So I go ahead and use those same argument for Echizen. But Echizen fanbase isn't as strong as WoK. Even with his next match as clear as day that it's going to be with someone higher than no.5, something that wasn't even nearly confirm with WoK, Echizen still lost his match. Even without those things, we never once saw Echizen fail to improve to beat his opponents. He and Sanada had massive gap when they fought in Kantou, yet Echizen close it.

Sure, he lost to Tokugawa, who is amongst the 2/3 strongest HS not counting Genius 10. Oh, and Nanjiroh. Are you seriously counting Nanjiroh?
    Last edited by -Ken-; October 18, 2012 at 07:02 PM.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast