Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who is the strongest?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marui Bunta/Kite Eishirou

0 0%
  • Shiraishi Kuranosuke/Kirihara Akaya

1 10.00%
  • Taira Yoshiyuki/Momoshiro Takeshi

0 0%
  • Akutsu Jin/Kawamura Takashi

2 20.00%
  • Yagyuu Hiroshi/Liliadent Krauser

0 0%
  • Shishido Ryou/Tanishi Kei

0 0%
  • Inui Sadaharu/Yanagi Renji

2 20.00%
  • Date Danji/Ishida Gin

0 0%
  • Oishi Shuuichirou/Kikumaru Eiji

2 20.00%
  • Oshitari Yuushi/Kaidou Kaoru

0 0%
  • Hakamada Izou/Mitsuya Akuto

0 0%
  • Tachibana Kippei/Chitose Senri

3 30.00%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Bonus Round] Doubles 1

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Bonus Round] Doubles 1

I'm going with Data pair. I don't think anybody on this list can touch them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I'm going with Data pair. I don't think anybody on this list can touch them.
    And Akutsu and Kawamura? Akutsu could KO Inui and Yanagi

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    And Akutsu and Kawamura? Akutsu could KO Inui and Yanagi
    Yanagi has about as much technique as Fuji, and Inui has technique AND power. None of them will be effected by Akutsu and Kawamura in terms of power.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Yanagi has about as much technique as Fuji, and Inui has technique AND power. None of them will be effected by Akutsu and Kawamura in terms of power.
    Akutsu has 5 at once.
    And I don't know what makes you think Yanagi has Fuji's technique.

Fuji has Closed Eyes. His technique and abilities lift. Unless you meant Base Stats which I agree with.
    Inui in terms of Power shouldn't be able to compete with the current Kawamura however.

Although 5 at once isn't much, considering Ryoma was given 10 at once, and Sanada has BA on top of it,
    I reckon some kind of damage could be done.
    Definetely no shut-out here. Although Inui and Yanagi could win this.

I think I might change my vote for Data Pair now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Akutsu has 5 at once.
    And I don't know what makes you think Yanagi has Fuji's technique.

Fuji has Closed Eyes. His technique and abilities lift. Unless you meant Base Stats which I agree with.
    Inui in terms of Power shouldn't be able to compete with the current Kawamura however.

Although 5 at once isn't much, considering Ryoma was given 10 at once, and Sanada has BA on top of it,
    I reckon some kind of damage could be done.

I think I might change my vote for Data Pair now.
    They might depending on whether or not they can collect data.

Akutsu will most likely be having his match with Genius 10. We don't know the result of this match yet, but I'm guessing he's stronger than both Renji, who lost to number 17.

Kawamura seems to be the weaker one here, but I don't know if the data pair have enough tech to negate a shot than break the spotlight. Kawamura isn't to be underestimate, for sure.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Akutsu is better than Inui and Yanagi.
    But Inui and Yanagi are much better than Kawamura.

That's my issue too. He broke a spot light. Like he sent it crashing. That's insane.
    Don't think it would be an easy win.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Akutsu is better than Inui and Yanagi.
    But Inui and Yanagi are much better than Kawamura.

That's my issue too. He broke a spot light. Like he sent it crashing. That's insane.
    Don't think it would be an easy win.
    Yeah. I know about tech=power. But how much tech=power? Spotlight is harder than bone. I hope no one will say that is an assumption.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Akutsu has 5 at once.
    I'll be honest, I don't care. I have yet to see any reason to believe how many balls you can hit will in any way effect your overall ability. I don't know if Konomi forgot about this thing he was trying to do with it or what, but we have yet to see anything about that thus far. It has yet to be implemented. There has not been a single match that ever told us, the reader, "they can't win because he hits too many balls at once." It is non-existent. So until Konomi makes an effort to make the reader care about who can hit how many balls "practically?" I'm going with "It doesn't matter" on this one. Irrelevant to tier. Hitting more balls does not make you better than someone who can't hit as many. I think perhaps hitting more balls could raise your tier a couple of degrees, but that does not mean there will not be people in that same tier who do not hit that many balls. Again, I think it comes down to overall ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes
    And I don't know what makes you think Yanagi has Fuji's technique. Fuji has Closed Eyes. His technique and abilities lift. Unless you meant Base Stats which I agree with.
    The context of my post shows that I am in fact referring to base stats, because I went on to say Inui has "power" as well.

In terms of power, I agree. However, my point was not Inui's power going head to head with Kawamura's power. My point was, Inui has enough technique to counter it, and on top of that, he has power to stack with it (Inui as a character is implied to have decent power/physical strength, but we have not seen any literary leads to point the same for Renji). That means overall, Inui will not have much of an issue with "returning" shots from either of them.

I'm definitely not saying it would be. What I am saying is, you people need to wake up to how absurd this pair really is. They have never lost. They, on that mountain, did what Echizen, Sanada, Kintarou, and every other MSer could not, and that is pretty freaking ridiculous. Until I see otherwise, I find no reason to believe they shouldn't be top seed in doubles.
    Last edited by Fayte; October 19, 2012 at 10:23 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

all i know if data pair achieves synchro it could be lights out for most doubles pairs

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

@Fayte,
    I agree that 5 at once isn't enough to suggest Top tier level at all. Since it's pretty bland next to the Top guys.

But I reckon 10 at once means something. Otherwise Mifune wouldn't have basically ignored 5 at once and mentioned 10 at once.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Fayte,
    I agree that 5 at once isn't enough to suggest Top tier level at all. Since it's pretty bland next to the Top guys.

But I reckon 10 at once means something. Otherwise Mifune wouldn't have basically ignored 5 at once and mentioned 10 at once.
    I really don't know because like I said, hitting a lot of balls has yet to mean anything to the story. You still only play with one lol. For example, nowhere does it suggest Tezuka can hit more than one ball, yet he has PoP. Because Tezuka's tier is absurdly high, I believe he could beat Kazuya without having to hit 10 balls, which destroys the whole argument of "more balls = better player." So really, I think Konomi just tried to add something stupid to the story that he is finding out doesn't actually work in the end.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the whole x at once thing was only added to give us an idea of the overall level of the guys that didn't actually have matches, nothing more. I doubt we'll ever see an actual application of it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't know because like I said, hitting a lot of balls has yet to mean anything to the story. You still only play with one lol. For example, nowhere does it suggest Tezuka can hit more than one ball, yet he has PoP. Because Tezuka's tier is absurdly high, I believe he could beat Kazuya without having to hit 10 balls, which destroys the whole argument of "more balls = better player." So really, I think Konomi just tried to add something stupid to the story that he is finding out doesn't actually work in the end.
    Is just a way to show a players skills, but in terms of strength, it doesn't matter that a player can hit 10 balls or the balls he wants, players who hit less balls can win.

For example, Sanada. We know he can hit 5 balls at the same time, but he would destroy most players of the G10. It doesn't matter, in the case of Shuuji, he is a player who can hit 10 balls for sure, so what? He can lose to players like Yukimura or Sanada, rank doesn't matter, the overall strength is what matters.

I believe Tezuka, would beat Oni, Irie, Kazuya, Duke... it's not assumption, he is ithe top of the MS, his base stats are strong plus he has Hyakuren, Saiki and POP. So there are people who say, Oh, POP it's nothing to the top of the first string, they'll be able to deal with it even if is Tezuka who's using it, wrong. It just depends on the player that's using it. Tezuka was really strong before activating it, with it, he can be the No.1 of the first string perfectly. Just the fact that he can't hit 10 balls doesn't prevent him from being the best, because after all, the number of balls you hit it doesn't matter, is the overall strength. Also, probably Konomi made him go to Germany because if he stayed in Japan, he probably would have become the No.1 in no time, really quick, so it was pointless that happened without giving other players any chances to do that and show their improvements.

Konomi just wants to say to us, "hey, these dudes can hit 10 balls, so watch out because they're really strong", but a player like Tezuka with POP who hitting 10 balls at the same time isn't a matter for him, it doesn't make a difference.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; October 22, 2012 at 04:39 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Marui Bunta/Kite Eishirou: 0 votes
    Shiraishi Kuranosuke/Kirihara Akaya: 1 vote
    Taira Yoshiyuki/Momoshiro Takeshi: 0 votes
    Akutsu Jin/Kawamura Takashi: 2 votes
    Yagyuu Hiroshi/Liliadent Krauser: 0 votes
    Shishido Ryou/Tanishi Kei: 0 votes
    Inui Sadaharu/Yanagi Renji: 2 votes