Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is the weak point of Kurapika?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bambinarubata's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the weak point of Kurapika?

Quoll, during the saga of yorkshin, when it is in the car with Kurapika, claims to have figured out what his weakness.
    In your opinion, what would be the weak point of Kurapika?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the weak point of Kurapika?

I'm pretty sure it was already explained what his weak point was... and I believe it was his friends.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I suspected .. but was not sure. thanks
    but will still have this weakness? Gon and Killua are not weaker

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What Kuroro means is that since Kurapika isn't really going to let his friends die, Pakunoda should've just came with everyone and then try to jump Kurapika. If they get lucky they can kill him really fast (from Kuroro's point of view) and save him. If not, it's not like Kuroro cares about dying anyway and he never saw his life being more important than any other member's, so he'd disapprove of Pakunoda's choice to sacrifice her life instead.

By the way, with Pakunoda's knowledge, defeating Kurapika is trivial. Anybody caught by Chain Jail can just immediately quit the organization and Kurapika will instantly keel over. Even if some members are too dumb to figure this out, once Kuroro knows the trick he can simply fire his owns guys from the organization.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be interesting to review Kurapika against Genei to see what will happen...
    I think Kurapika is not in a position to kill the spider in one fell swoop....
    After all this time, however, Kurapika could have gained more power?
    Kurapika is still looking for revenge?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bambinarubata View Post
    It will be interesting to review Kurapika against Genei to see what will happen...
    I think Kurapika is not in a position to kill the spider in one fell swoop....
    After all this time, however, Kurapika could have gained more power?
    Fighting 1onX between equally powerful characters is pretty much out of the question in HXH. It seems like Kurapika has gained considerable power amongst the Mafia so he probably won't be acting alone anymore either. Even without Chain Jail (he should assume the Spiders now know his weakness), Emperor Time is still ridiculously overpowered for a 1 on 1 fight.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Fighting 1onX between equally powerful characters is pretty much out of the question in HXH. It seems like Kurapika has gained considerable power amongst the Mafia so he probably won't be acting alone anymore either. Even without Chain Jail (he should assume the Spiders now know his weakness), Emperor Time is still ridiculously overpowered for a 1 on 1 fight.
    True. The Spiders being a close knit group is probably the ultimate defense against Emperor Time. So it will be a divide and conquer match.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    By the way, with Pakunoda's knowledge, defeating Kurapika is trivial. Anybody caught by Chain Jail can just immediately quit the organization and Kurapika will instantly keel over. Even if some members are too dumb to figure this out, once Kuroro knows the trick he can simply fire his owns guys from the organization.
    I think that there is no way that someone could deceive "chain jail" with such an easy trick. Nen is something very deep based upon psychology, feelings, beliefs, etc.There is nothing more "sincere;" If you belong to the spider, or have participated to their crimes as a true member, you're screwed against kurapika on 1vs1 imo.
    The only so called spider who would be immune against kurapika 's abilities should be hisoka, but in his case it's still very coherent since he has never embraced the organization, he was never one of them, and used to miss their reunion, the dude was just claiming to be part of the group looking for an opportunity to fight their boss. In fact, someone like karuto could be in the same situation, but for an original member such as feitan or machi or a member who has truly embraced the purpose of the ryodan such as shizuku there is no way imo they could deceive "chain jail".
    I don't know if it's a consequence or a reason, maybe both, but the spider means so much for some of them that they' re willing to die for the benefit of the group (uvo, pakunoda), i don't think they can disown the ryodan.

That doesn't change the fact, that thanks to pakunoda, the spider can very efficiently find a strategy in order to kill him.
    1)Kurapika has not that many friends to say the least, but the same way the spiders weren't these heartless bast... he thought them to be, kurapika even if i would not call it a lack of resolve, he's not neither ready to do anything in order to accomplish his revenge. He would not sacrifice without blinking the like of senritsu, or leorio considering them as collateral damage (i consider gon an killua as dangerous target even for the ryodan, knowing their skills, acquaintances, relatives, etc). This is a leverage.
    2) Even if his "emperor time" is a phenomenal capacity, without the "chain jail" he's far from untouchable. The key to defeat him, should be to hire a competent fighter/killer/pro; against whom he has not a particular advantage. That is a tactic used already several time in the manga, zeno/nétéro;
    Irumi for example (hired by hisoka as well as kururo) could very well be able to kill kurapika with the right strategy (of course with support from the ryodan, like how they have used hisoka as an intermediary with dancho and the nen eraser). Hisoka could very well be that third party .
    I'm sure kurapika has evolved and grown a lot as a nen user, but against hunter of first caliber who aren't spiders, he is very vulnerable.

3) They're more prepared to face kurapika, with his "chain jail" they would be fool to not use "gyo", and could very well catch him if they attack in group against him.
    The lone fact that they now know his ability while even in the spider they value the mystery around their hatsu, a certain privacy, prove they have a considerable advantage . There is not any element of surprise anymore.

But, kurapika know this, being an important figure of the mafia as it seems, the future confrontation should be epic. Add gyro in the mix .....
    Last edited by Mylesime; October 09, 2012 at 01:13 PM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a other question why he have so many kurapika related threads now XD

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Kurapika would have a hard time in a group battle, but despite the Ryodan's knowledge of chain jail and the like, I think he may still have a chance if he fought someone one-on-one. Chain Jail is the only chain I know of that has the "must be used against a spider or he'll die", whereas Judgement Chain has the condition of "my eyes must be scarlet and I must have a desire to kill this person, or I'll die instead". Still, the Ryodan are pretty powerful, and I think at this point in the manga, Gon and Killua would have a tough time against members like Phinx, Feitan, Nobu, etc. Now that Gon and Killua have trained more, I see them closer to Kurapika in terms of abilities (though Gon still needs to develop his hatsu more).

Unfortunately, Kurapika's abilities are such that if you know what he's capable of ahead of time, that knowledge alone could change the tides of battle. Especially since a lot of his combative skills rely on his strategic mind.

I have a feeling the three of them will eventually get involved with the Ryodan in some way later on.

I think since we're in Yorkshin now in the anime, there are a lot of Kurapika threads.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
    i have a other question why he have so many kurapika related threads now XD
    Because the anime is on the Yorknew Arc and so we are thinking about Kurapika.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member riniloves's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

right strategy, perfect timing. Kurapika will survive, he can make many chain jail, the same as he made 2 judgement jail all at once... but that still depends on his aura capacity... I dont know what you call that...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When Hisoka quit the Spiders the restriction 'cannot interact with other Spiders' was immediatey lifted.

There's nothing deceiving about beating Chain Jail. Anybody can quit the Spiders at any time and Kuroro certainly can invite/kick out people. His restriction isn't 'only usable against these guys that wiped out my tribe', it's 'only usable against guys with a specific label'.

At any rate Chain Jail is total overkill and isn't really even that big of a deal. As pointed out by Shalunark paralyze/sleep on touch is effectively exactly as effective as Chain Jail. Kurapika more or less wants the Spider to repent their sins which is why he needs Chain Jail.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

^It's not that the restriction was "immediately lifted". It never existed to begin with. Hisoka was never a member. That's why Kuroro realized immediately that he could talk to Hisoka.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MegamanX195 View Post
    ^It's not that the restriction was "immediately lifted". It never existed to begin with. Hisoka was never a member. That's why Kuroro realized immediately that he could talk to Hisoka.
    Huh? Then anybody can say 'I only pretended to join' too. Is there some kind of all knowing entity that knows the difference between 'joined Spiders to real' versus 'pretended to join Spiders'? Did Hisoka not sign on the dotted line on the paperworks? Is the tattoo the distinguishing remark of a Spider? What if some people just refuse to put on a tattoo? What about guys who aren't part of the Spiders who happened to have a spider tattoo with a number? Does that mean they're now a Spider too?

At any rate people clearly join the organization by some kind of process. Kalluto is a Spider now, but he wasn't before GI. If there's a formal process to join then there has to be a formal process to leave too, and in particular since Kuroro is the leader he obviously can expediate the entering/leaving process.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast