Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kabuto

9 33.33%
  • Minato/Jman

18 66.67%
New Reply
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Kabuto vs Jiraiya and Minato

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabuto vs Jiraiya and Minato

Fight takes place at "Konoha Crater".

Kabuto and JMan start in SM. Kabuto is the "Orochimaru powered version".
    The version of frog song that got Pein is not allowed.
    EDIT: The entire genjutsu element used on Pein is not alowed.
    No ET for Kabuto.
    No DG for MInato.

Full information.

Starting distance is 25 meters.
    Last edited by xXan; October 24, 2012 at 02:02 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kabuto vs Jiraiya and Minato

You used minato once again.

So, does it OK to use my arguments in a vs Minato thread?

Or the hype of kishi to minato? And then what? You ask some manga proof on minato's jutsus/caliber whereas you freaking knows that the manga has just some limited info to minato?

Someone already said this to your face, using Minato to any thread is just nonsense and baseless.

It's hard to troll minato, right?
    No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all your POWER/STRENGTH is no more useful then a squirt gun. And if you cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at will?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I'll just go ahead and address the match-up, if that's okay. I'd favour JMan and Minato. Minato is, as always, a handful, and Jiraiya is also problematic. I think that they should have the ability to avoid, or withstand, anything that Kabuto throws at them. And they should have the firepower to bring down Kabuto. The toads are probably going to be pretty useful.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    So, I'll just go ahead and address the match-up, if that's okay. I'd favour JMan and Minato. Minato is, as always, a handful, and Jiraiya is also problematic. I think that they should have the ability to avoid, or withstand, anything that Kabuto throws at them. And they should have the firepower to bring down Kabuto. The toads are probably going to be pretty useful.
    ^ This is the kind of post we want to see here, post where the title of the thread is discussed.
    Let's not attack members or turn this into the usual Minato thread.
    If you don't like it, simply don't post in there, if you post in there, do be on your best behaviour.

If you have something to say to the OP, send a PM. - UB

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno... Kabuto showed some fuckin freaky and digusting things, and the attacks he used were quite dangerous here, plus his regeneration abilities, sensing... Nothing but Genjutsu, or Amaterasu/Totsuka sword could beat him, although Raiton would dull his movements, but since neither J-Man nor Minato showed Raiton... Guess I'd go with Kabuto

The only way I can see Minato and J-Man winning is frog song, without that, they're finished
    Last edited by Zehahaha; October 19, 2012 at 05:03 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta give it to Kabuto.

The problem with choosing Minato as an opponent for anyone in the arena threads is that you have to pick an opponent who can be stopped by a Rasengan alone, or a combination jutsu from a giant summon. You also have to choose someone that doesn't have access to Genjutsu.

If Jiraiya or Minato manage to hit Kabuto past his sensing abilities, though his hydrification isn't as good as Suigetsu's (I stand by this claim until Kabuto shows otherwise), he can still liquify enough that the attack doesn't phase him. If they summon giant toads, he'll summon Manda 2 and commense a feeding frenzy. Not to mention in Sage Mode he has the power to make his plain old Senei Jashu snakes grow into giant snakes:

http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/579/3 Regular snakes?
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/579/4 Super sized snakes!

Imagine Kabuto spamming an army of snakes that turn into an army of giant snakes. I'm talking dozens... 20 or more even.

Then ofcourse there's Hakugeki and Tayuya's Genjutsu. I mean, seriously. I don't want to just list techniques in his repertoire because Minato and Jiraiya are certainly not lacking in powerhouse techniques. It's just, they don't have access to the type of attacks necessary to put Kabuto down. Heck, even Jiraiya's usual Konohagakure Arena gamewinner, Swamp of the Underworld means nothing to Kabuto. Why? Muki Tensei. If he gets stuck in the ground, he'll simply turn the ground into solid, walkable earth and walk right out. Hell, he may even use Jiraiya's muck to suck up all of Minato's thrown kunai.

Crap, I almost forgot that in addition to liquification he can regenerate. Come on. If Minato and Jiraiya had access to an attack like Amaterasu which can render regeneration a non issue it'd be different. My only concern is, can Minato blitz Kabuto before he summons the necessary natural energy to go Dragon. And since there's no cave stalagmites to hide behind he'd have to do something really tricky.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how they could blitz Kabuto. Even out in the open and without Sage Mode, liquification and regeneration pretty much means Kabuto will survive their attack to do what he needs to do.

In their defense though, I think Jiraiya's ability to turn people to toads would probably work against him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see any real way for J-man and Minato to actually hurt Kabuto... the only two jutsu with enough destructive power both come from J-man, namely Senpou: Goemon and Chou Oodama Rasengan... and both of those can be more or less easily avoided in an open place like the Konoha crater.

I mean... look at what he has:
    -Uzumaki vitality boosted Yin Healing Wound Destruction
    -Oral Rebirth
    -Body Liquefaction
    -Shikotsumyaku Bones

If he had any more then that we could start calling him Majin-Boo...

Also, Kabuto's haxed senses would be a decent counter to Hiraishin, since he will immediately be aware of the location Minato pops up, even if its at his blindside. Not to mention with stuff like Muki Tensei or Doton: Doroku Gaesh he can reform the whole battlefield and burry all Kunai underground. Heck... even if he somehow gets marked he simply goes like BLUAHHHHHH and has a fresh, unmarked body.

Summons aren't an issue too, since even if they summon all three big warrior toads, the best they can hope for is to serve as a little distraction for Manda II. (Regular Manda had already the upper hand against Gamabunta, Katsuyu and J-Man until Tsunade bugged in... now Manda II is even stronger then that)

I don't even see a reason to exclude the Toad Song, since it takes a long time to cast, so Kabuto can simply interupt it with his Hakugeki No Jutsu... and he even has his own Mini-Toad Song thanks to Tayuyas Genjutsu.

So to sum it up: I don't think Minato and J-Man get stomped or that this is a quick fight, but at the end I definitely see Kabuto as the winner.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Gotta agree with this, Kabuto is basically the ultimate tank.
    My only issue with him would be if he's trapped in the Swamp:

liquidizing would be useless since Water < Earth, using Jirobo's Doton would likely as well since its a way weaker Doton, and he would be pretty vulnerable from a powered Rasengan from Jiraiya, considering he's pretty fast and doesn't need handseals to use it.

I still can see Kabuto as the winner after a pretty long battle, simply because neither Jiraiya nor Yondaime can deal significant damage to him while Kabuto has more options to inflict serious damage

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He would most likely just create another body out of the old one to escape, like he did to escape Kurotsuchi's technique.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What's stopping him from using Muki Tensei to get out of the swamp?

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

In this fight Minato is more as suport with JMan providing the firepower. Imagine him tagging something close to Kabuto, poping himself and JMan there and then alowing JMan to Senpou: Goemon the area. If Kabuto get's hit by that (and its an insane huge AOE) its over. Water's boiling point under standard circumstances is at 100 degrees celsius. Now this tech creates heat at thousands of degrees.

All they need is for Minato to pop them close and use Senpou: Goemon. In essence they can 1 shoot Kabuto asuming they get that shoot off. I don't see why people look at him like the ultimate tank. Yes i gues he is if the enemy does not have something to take care of his water mode. His normal regen is not going to help him tank an Ultimate Rasengan just as well but yes he probably can go water mode for that.

We also have them able to summon 8 summons. Ma showed she can summon 3 + Pa/Naruto. Pa can probably do the same so let's say its 6 here + 1 for Minato and 1 for JMan you get to 8. Of coruse i don't see why Jman in SM can't summon 2 or even 3, Ma/Pa should be able to summon more then 3 each as Ma summon Pa and Naruto but let's leave it at 8... Its already an army.
    Last edited by xXan; October 20, 2012 at 04:25 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Archea's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Minato and Jiraiya of course, but I am tired of seeing Minato a man who only has one offensive jutsu and unnamed chakra based shuriken attack get matched up against people.

One tag on Kabuto's body and the battle is Minato's. Once he get's a single tag on Kabuto all he has to do is throw kunai's with explosive tags and warp them right into Kabuto game over. While Minato is doing all of this Jiraiya preps for frog song and the battle is over as well.

Even with his sensing I doubt Kabuto's sensing could react to FTG2 or one for that matter. Then you put Kabuto in an open area for Minato to mark all over the place. Jiraiya nor Minato would ever get hurt so long as he had enough marks all over the place.
    Last edited by Archea; October 21, 2012 at 01:00 AM.
    Naruto's sealing-cloak is ugly, he needs to finish his chakra agreement with kyuubi already!

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Archea

Frog Song isn ot allowed (read OP). Kabuto is not going down from an exploding tag, he can go water mode like Suigetsu and has good healing abilities.
    Also that is what i like about Minato, you need to go tactical with him in a fight. You can't just say he uses his Flashdama and wins. He needs to place tags, trick the enemy and so on. Thing is Minato has the gab closer and JMan has the firepower to take Kabuto down. At least in my oppinion but Kabuto is 1 broken caracter.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Imagine him tagging something close to Kabuto, poping himself and JMan there and then alowing JMan to Senpou: Goemon the area.
    You have given them "full information" so Kabuto knows exactly Goemon and Chou Oodama Rasengan are what the enemies are going to try... because there realy isn't much else they can do. Kabuto is one of the smartest characters, up in the same league as Shikamaru, Kakashi, Minato and Itachi... so there's no way he won't anticipate them trying a combo attack to his blindside.

Also, don't forget he can move underground like Kakashi... he's just going to do exactly the same thing as Manda back in part 1:
    http://mangafox.me/manga/naruto/v19/c170/13.html
    http://mangafox.me/manga/naruto/v19/c170/14.html
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast