Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HSDK Chapter 495 Discussion / 496 Predictions

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 495 Discussion / 496 Predictions

Well the chapter is out, get it here! http://www.mangahere.com/manga/histo...ichi/v45/c495/

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 495 Discussion / 496 Predictions

Nice chapter, Takeda atm tryin to pull of Hongou :P (gues not gonna work thou) But in fact its true, Kenichi and Miu now know everything they need about Lugh fightning style, so another training with Akisame incomin ^^

p.s.
    whos the girl on the cover? oO

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

"I am strong because I am blind"

He stated it, the most obvious power source for blind people in Shonen. This is the reason I am not a fan of blind fighters sans Sara from Samurai Champloo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shader View Post
    Nice chapter, Takeda atm tryin to pull of Hongou :P (gues not gonna work thou)
    Only Hongo can pull a Hongo... And Kenichi.

This manga needs more Hongo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shader View Post
    who the girl on the cover? oO
    The Miu hater captain of the Gymnastics club.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed this chapter a decent bit. Takeda has really improved here from when he fought kenichi, I don't think takeda from back then would have been able to handle a yomi this well or even at all. Perhaps his master did make him work on the fundamentals a tad more, which was the main reason he lost against kenichi. I still question whether lugh or the other disciples are actually on the level of the main disciples of the OSNF though. It is worth mentioning that lugh thought takeda would be a nice match against odin, berserker and rimi though. More interesting is that he thought odin would be able to battle takeda. I wonder if ryuto is developing some sort of wheel chair fu or something. Or crippled fu...

Being strong because he is blind is a tad much though. Next time we will also see ryuto being strong because he can't move. Only to be defeated by his mortal enemy, more than 3 stairs in a row(which is two extra steps from an ordinary crippled).

Anyways, I do wonder why takeda has not used his myoboshi. That should be his triumph card here. In theory lugh should not only not see it coming but more than that he should not be able to perceive it coming. I am looking forward to this fight, best we have had in the last 20 chapters or so, about time takeda took on a yomi. I really do hope for koukin vs takeda at some point too.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Takeda may be a tad reckless, but in order to prevail over an adversary taking risks is occasionally necessary. However, I have bad feeling about this chapter. He may of been aiming to get caught by Lugh to counterattack, but I believe this decision will back fire on him and he'll possibly take serious damage to his arm as consequence. We know Takeda is know going all out, but I don't believe we have received any indication yet if Lugh is going all out either because he doesn't look that impressive right now. Also, just how foolish are the masters of Ryonzanpaku? Wouldn't it have made more sense to launch an assault on the building the day upon receiving confirmation that the Saint Fist was indeed there at the present time? Instead of just attacking the building on any given day and hoping for the best.....I don't know that's just me, but their plan isn't very coherent or logical IMO

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I really do hope for koukin vs takeda at some point too.
    You've been wanting this for awhile huh?......but still I think Koukin might be too much of match for Takeda right now. All the time Koukin has spent in Thailand training with his master since his defeat to Kenichi. Surely he has gotten a lot stronger don't you'd think?
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    Takeda may be a tad reckless, but in order to prevail over an adversary taking risks is occasionally necessary. However, I have bad feeling about this chapter. He may of been aiming to get caught by Lugh to counterattack, but I believe this decision will back fire on him and he'll possibly take serious damage to his arm as consequence. We know Takeda is know going all out, but I don't believe we have received any indication yet if Lugh is going all out either because he doesn't look that impressive right now. Also, just how foolish are the masters of Ryonzanpaku? Wouldn't it have made more sense to launch an assault on the building the day upon receiving confirmation that the Saint Fist was indeed there at the present time? Instead of just attacking the building on any given day and hoping for the best.....I don't know that's just me, but their plan isn't very coherent or logical IMO
    Well, the plan was basically to attack before the police makes a move so as to avoid a situation similar to the one with a bunch of half dead policemen getting in the way. The information they got was secret to begin with and they shouldn't have had it at all on that matter. They simply acted within their short window of opportunity.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lectro Volpi View Post
    No! Stop it! don't give Matsuena any ideas (as if he was reading this anyway), but we got enough of him in the last arc as far as I'm concerned.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, the plan was basically to attack before the police makes a move so as to avoid a situation similar to the one with a bunch of half dead policemen getting in the way. The information they got was secret to begin with and they shouldn't have had it at all on that matter. They simply acted within their short window of opportunity.
    If Yami's influence in the government and politics throughout the world is so strong why is the local police force( of all people) challenging and threatening them all the time? Cant Yami bride them with money or gain their loyalty or allegiance through fear of death? It doesn't make much sense to me considering they're the much more powerful organization.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; October 19, 2012 at 07:05 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post

You've been wanting this for awhile huh?......but still I think Koukin might be too much of match for Takeda right now. All the time Koukin has spent in Thailand training with his master since his defeat to Kenichi. Surely he has gotten a lot stronger don't you'd think?
    Well, the fight does make perfect sense. I don't think koukin was all that above the other yomi though. He certainly was strong but I don't see any particular reason for him to be significantly above the others. Even if the fight does happen it won't happen too soon anyways. Takeda has shown right now that he is capable of fighting on the level with at least standard yomi and he keeps growing very fast. Even if koukin is growing stronger too there is no particular reason for takeda to not catch up and even if he does not catch up the manga has pointed out that being the stronger one does not necessarily equate to victory. Even koukin should fear takeda's ability to spam myoboshi IMO.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Big difference between standard Yomi and OSNF disciple Yomi. Takeda is to Kenichi as Kenichi is to Miu IMO. Also, I consider Koukin as Kenichi's equal in strength. Takeda wouldn't have any better chance of defeating Koukin as would Kenichi finally triumphing over Miu in battle, but you're right being the stronger one does not necessarily equate to victory. In conclusion, Takeda is capable defeating of Koukin even if the odds are heavily favored against him winning.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lectro Volpi View Post

All manga needs more Hongo.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Good chapter. Some action to entertain. Lugh gives off that aura of arrogance that I find immensely annoying. It's something common among blind individuals in manga. Not sure why, but the archetype certainly exists. It seems as though, match-up aside, Takeda and Lugh are of comparable levels. Takeda, as usual, is doing something reckless, maybe it'll work out for him. I don't see Lugh being some future foe for Kenichi, so it's possible that we might see the end of Lugh here or some sort of rivalry formed between another one of Ogata's disciples and one of Shinpaku's members.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member El Maco's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Takeda can afford to do reckless actions, with all the Masters nearby to treat him on the spot. This fight has gone on just long enough so we already get to see the Masters wrapping things up in time to see what the kids have been up to.

I'm starting to get slightly annoyed with the anatomical aberrations that are supposed to be Miu's breasts. They're almost bigger than her head now.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Maco View Post
    Takeda can afford to do reckless actions, with all the Masters nearby to treat him on the spot. This fight has gone on just long enough so we already get to see the Masters wrapping things up in time to see what the kids have been up to.

I'm starting to get slightly annoyed with the anatomical aberrations that are supposed to be Miu's breasts. They're almost bigger than her head now.
    Yeah sadly the amount of ecchi just keeps escalating, she prolly grew like 3 bra sizes since the start of the manga. Kind annoying that this whole fight well be meaningless, the masters will prolly finish up with the base and lugh will be forced to withdraw without finishing the fight. This isnt all that relevant but it is pretty sad that Takeda trains under such a useless style in terms of real combat. Boxing due to all its rules and the use of only ur fists really limits what he can accomplish in a real fight where his opponents can use fists, legs, grabbing moves, pinning moves and the like. He fights in a serious disadvantageous position against any other martial artist and a submission expert is really a bad match up.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be completely fair the echi does not actually hurt the plot at all. It has been a constant element in the series so far anyways. I would argue that echi has become a problem when miu's 25 pounds worth of breasts are so large that they have an effect on her fighting. Its not like a breast reduction surgery would be necessary for renka or miu to keep fighting (lucky for manga world kenichi because in real life those girls would go through one every arc to make up for the size increase they get every arc).

I don't think the masters will get involved in the fight between takeda and lugh though. Disciple fights are something which they make a point of staying away from. Until takeda retreats we won't see the get in the way. It is more likely that lugh will be ordered to retreat by his master.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Thinking about the match, I do wonder if takeda really made a good move right now. It seems cool and everything however it seems that he placed himself in too much risk in exchange for a small advantage so far. I mean, lugh can actually defeat an enemy with a single hold so far. He is actually going for the kill and his techniques are by all intents and purposes lethal. Right now takeda gave him his left arm which allowed him an opening. However the opening does not seem very wide, so far it seems he got the opening just for a single punch. Lugh does not seem to be the sort to be used to taking hits however will one hit be enough to hit him? In turn if that lone punch does not actually defeat lugh there is a pretty big chance that lugh will still have takeda's arm. Takeda is not even hitting with his strong arm so far, his strongest punches come with the left one. The single strongest technique we have seen takeda use with one arm is myoboshi, which has actually one shoted people before just as takeda needs, however takeda's myoboshi is not nearly as strong as kenichi's. Takeda actually delivered 2 or 3 of them to kenichi and didn't take him down while kenichi's lone myoboshi made all the difference. So takeda gave up his arm to use a relatively weaker technique against an enemy who can kill him right here and now if he does not succeed.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I doubt he'll be killed in the next chapter despite the fact that he is taking a large risk exposing his arm to incredible danger. It's just not Matsuena's style to kill off popular characters unless he's finally grown a pair. If anything the moment Takeda's technique lands it'll negate some of the damage I believe he will receive from Lugh who will probably perform some joint lock to dismantle his left arm.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

I do wonder how long this fight will last though?...the masters have a made a strong point about not interfering in disciples matches even if death is probable. Also, Lugh's group has already received the retreat order, but he obviously doesn't care about that or that they're hopelessly outnumbered. He seems more interested in killing Takeda at the moment, so perhaps the Saint Fist might show up????

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast