Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Chu 2 byo demo Koi ga Shitai!

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chu 2 byo demo Koi ga Shitai!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Really a very good episode. Episode 7 establishes Rikka as more than a silly, if lovable, moe girl. Her chuunibyou is fueled by real, and believable, family drama. Her fathers "sudden" death, moving to her grandparents, her strict grandfather. All this would be enough for a high school freshman to cling to childhood fantasies. This also explains why, before meeting Yuuta, she was so isolated. Her discovery that her childhood home was gone, and her happy memories with it, was heartbreaking.
    Exactly my thoughts. I was waiting for some drama besides the silly but funny performance of Rikka and it really was well delivered.
    It's interesting how much more sense/meaning is behind her words too: "Reality be Rent. Synapse, Break. Banishment this world". It's obvious that she wants to run away from the sad reality she faced/is facing and how much she probably wishes for her own world being reality. I'm pretty sure that she's very well aware of what is reality and what is not though, even though she tries to deny it.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Over the course of the series Rikka has come across as a (deliberately) over the top otaku, still in cosplay no matter how inappropriate the situation. I think the author/producers are trying to illustrate how the stereotypical otaku is trying to create an alternate reality for themselves. Because of the shows comedic nature, it is hard to assess Rikka's connection to reality. For all her quirks, she does seem to deal with reality. She really just seems to be the "strange girl" in class, able to deal with the demands of the real world, and just a very odd person. In reality she would probably get bullied a lot more.

Like the Haruhi Suzumiya franchise, Chuunibyou seems to me like both a parody and tribute to otaku culture. Rikka's friendship with Yuuta seems to be about needing each other to find the perfect balance between reality and fandom.
    Last edited by Kaiten; November 20, 2012 at 12:50 PM.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup... 100% sure I got diabetes after this episode. Damn you Rikka for beeing cute as a whole ocean filled with sugar!
    So she starts to develop feelings of love not matter how you look at it. I guess so does Yuuta.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You're right, such a sweet episode! I loved Yuuta's slow realization that Rikka was falling in love with him, as all the while the audience is being bombarded by how obvious her feelings were. She spent the night at his house, wanted to walk outside a little longer, the clothes he lent her "smelled like Yuuta", she couldn't fall asleep, her heart was pounding, she stayed up watching a television romance. The entire second half of the episode was so funny and adorable!

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha so she really fell in love with Yuuta. Not that I mind, her behaviour was really cute. That side of her is so innocent and beautiful and actually made me appreciate her more as a character. I have to say that I prefered Nibutani until now but that last scene where Rikka was touching his hair her with that look on her face made me go all "Awwww damns..."

Like Kait said it was heavily foreshadowed but it was an amazing mix of being cute and hilarious. Yuuta is probably starting to develop feelings of love for her too, at least that's the impression I got.

Dark Flame Master x Tyrant Eye

8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The foreshadowing made joke so much funnier. Rikka's feelings were made so obvious to the audience, and yet Yuuta barely had a clue through most of the episode. I also thought the scene at the end, where she brushes his hair aside, was incredibly cute.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    The foreshadowing made joke so much funnier. Rikka's feelings were made so obvious to the audience, and yet Yuuta barely had a clue through most of the episode. I also thought the scene at the end, where she brushes his hair aside, was incredibly cute.
    Exactly.
    Though I'm not too big of a fan of "dumb" main characters when it's about love. Portraying guys or girls who just don't realize it even though it's obvious as fuck always make me facepalm. It was okay here though because Yuuta kind of realized it but her usual behaviour made him think "As if...".
    That's the biggest reason what made this last scene so extremely cute for me. I wasn't expecting it, at least not at this point.

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope the relationship grows and develops from now on and it becomes serious at the end of the anime. I don't like stories that leave it open and unresolved!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Exactly.
    Though I'm not too big of a fan of "dumb" main characters when it's about love. Portraying guys or girls who just don't realize it even though it's obvious as fuck always make me facepalm. It was okay here though because Yuuta kind of realized it but her usual behaviour made him think "As if...".
    That's the biggest reason what made this last scene so extremely cute for me. I wasn't expecting it, at least not at this point.
    Everything Rikka says also needs to be translated from chuunibyou, so it's understandable that it would take some time for Yuuta to decipher her actions. Most of the action took place over one night too. It's not always easy to notice when someone as familiar as Rikka is acting differently, especially when she's so strange in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    I hope the relationship grows and develops from now on and it becomes serious at the end of the anime. I don't like stories that leave it open and unresolved!
    Only four episodes left, I am curious how much can be resolved so quickly. I wonder if they are planning a second season (or movies) to more fully explore the story. Most of the cast has not even had time to develop as characters, except for Rikka and Yuuta.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If this does not end with at least one kiss I'll be very disappointed. That or one fighting scene involving Yuuta.
    Her behaviour was so incredibly adorable...
    I lost my composure at "Don't go"... So sweet... I hope Yuuta gets what's happening or else manly rage shall unfold.
    Great couple with great, adorable and pure love. *.*

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry can't help it.

and best invention ever:

Spoiler show

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"Smells like Yuuta" was such a cute moment. Those GIF's are great! I'm almost overwhelmed by the number of Chuunibyou tumblr's/GIF's out there. I guess it's safe to say it was a popular series.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The amount of D'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw was very high.
    Rikka falling in love was so incredibly adorable I don't know how to describe it... So innocent... *.*
    But Yuuta is a little bit dense too... She tried so hard... he noticed nothing...
    Nibutani was great for the comedy this week too.
    All in all very funny and extremely cute episode. Can't wait for the next one.
    They have to get together. *__*

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Really love episode 9! , I wish that the supporting characters were as funny as this during the previous episodes. I really like how Nibutani is trying to become a cupid for Rikka and Yuuta and the scenes where Rikka trying to follow the tips from a love magazine are priceless. The ending scene is very heartwarming too, I'm obviously looking forward the moment when Yuuta is stop being oblivious and Rikka is brave enough to confess.

Oh, and I think I found a little Evangelion reference, this Anime is the best.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

By the way, I just found out on wikis that there are only 2 LNs published and it's already finished, which means that we might not be getting another season once this ended.

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

GOD I was so ready for a confession there...

nice cliffhanger but I doubt she will confess now. Would be awesome though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Really love episode 9! , I wish that the supporting characters were as funny as this during the previous episodes. I really like how Nibutani is trying to become a cupid for Rikka and Yuuta and the scenes where Rikka trying to follow the tips from a love magazine are priceless. The ending scene is very heartwarming too, I'm obviously looking forward the moment when Yuuta is stop being oblivious and Rikka is brave enough to confess.

Oh, and I think I found a little Evangelion reference, this Anime is the best.
    Loved Nibutani this episode, I have to say the cast is growing on me more and more. When Rikka was hiding below that umbrella and Nibu was starting her "love speech"... priceless. Even Isshiki and Dekomori were pretty good this time.

And best gif I've seen in a long while

Spoiler show

Probably going to spam it around the site.

What Evangelion reference btw? I remember I thought something similar while watching a scene but I totally forgot which one it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    By the way, I just found out on wikis that there are only 2 LNs published and it's already finished, which means that we might not be getting another season once this ended.
    Woot, someone needs to find out how much has been covered until now only three episodes remain, I sure will miss this show.

22. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast