Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Chu 2 byo demo Koi ga Shitai!

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chu 2 byo demo Koi ga Shitai!

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Loved Nibutani this episode, I have to say the cast is growing on me more and more. When Rikka was hiding below that umbrella and Nibu was starting her "love speech"... priceless. Even Isshiki and Dekomori were pretty good this time.

Probably going to spam it around the site.

What Evangelion reference btw? I remember I thought something similar while watching a scene but I totally forgot which one it was.
    Yes, I also really love Nibutani when she's trying to impersonate Yuuta, and act like she's confessing . During the beach trip arc, the situation was more like Yuuta-Rikka and the others, while in this school festival arc, the cast seems to be more cohesive than before, and I really like the change.

When Dekkomori and Rikka playing cradles at the park, she said stuff like 100% synchronization and LCL.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Really love episode 9! , I wish that the supporting characters were as funny as this during the previous episodes. I really like how Nibutani is trying to become a cupid for Rikka and Yuuta and the scenes where Rikka trying to follow the tips from a love magazine are priceless. The ending scene is very heartwarming too, I'm obviously looking forward the moment when Yuuta is stop being oblivious and Rikka is brave enough to confess.

Oh, and I think I found a little Evangelion reference, this Anime is the best.
    Sometimes I wonder whether Yuuta is oblivious, or he just doesn't share her feelings. I'm pretty sure it's a little a bit of both. I really loved everything about this episode too. Everything I like about the series was on display this week. Rikka and Deko's attack in the park, especially when they tried to confuse Yuuta, was hilarious. Rikka's reactions when Nibutani asked about her feelings for Yuuta were priceless. The hug was, of course, the best part.

Quote Quote:
    By the way, I just found out on wikis that there are only 2 LNs published and it's already finished, which means that we might not be getting another season once this ended.
    I saw that too. I also noticed that the studio seemed to make changes to the books, including adding Dekomri and Kumin to the cast. Interestingly, the novels were published directly by KyoAni. I do worry that there will not be enough material for a new season. Considering they published the books, and already added characters with significant screen time, I would not be surprised if KyoAni decide to make anime only episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post

GOD I was so ready for a confession there...

nice cliffhanger but I doubt she will confess now. Would be awesome though.
    A confession would be awesome, but with only three episodes left it would have been too soon.

Quote Quote:
    Loved Nibutani this episode, I have to say the cast is growing on me more and more. When Rikka was hiding below that umbrella and Nibu was starting her "love speech"... priceless. Even Isshiki and Dekomori were pretty good this time.
    Nibutani was great this week. I loved that all her advice came from shoujo manga! My main criticism of Chuunibyou is how little character development the supporting cast has received. They all are interesting characters, only until this week they have mostly filled stock roles. I guess that makes sense, since it's a short series they need to focus as much as possible on Yuuta and Rikka.

Quote Quote:
    And best gif I've seen in a long while

Spoiler show

Probably going to spam it around the site.
    Love it. I can think of a 1000 opportunities to spam that gif too

I almost thought about using a still of that scene as a sig.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

A funny and gorgeous anime. When I started to watch I really didn't expect that. I mean, I had no idea what "chuunibyou" meant at the time, when I read the synopsis and saw the picture here I thought it was some kind of supernatural/fantasy story happening in high school.

Well I wasn't that far depending the point of view.

However, I feel like there is a lack of development on the side characters, especially Nibutani, who, at first, seemed to be here to establish some kind of love triangle but not at all.
    Rikka moments are so cute sometimes.... such a reality crusher.

I would like to see a duel between Dark Flame Master and the Wicked Eye once, whatever the reason.
    Last edited by Gats; December 02, 2012 at 02:19 PM.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    However, I feel like there is a lack of development on the side characters, especially Nibutani, who, at first, seemed to be here to establish some kind of love triangle but not at all.
    That is also my main criticism. Further exploring Nibutani's chuunibyou really would add a lot to the series. Hopefully if there is a season two, she will get some more screen time. I kind of understand the lack of development for the supporting cast, with only twelve episodes it is more important to explore Rikka and Yuuta's friendship. It would be nice, if the show continues, to better develop the supporting cast.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I really doubt about a 2nd season. It seems that everything is building up around the 8th grade syndrome shared by some of those characters, I don't see any other potential background developped in those episodes for a real continuation.

A story centered around Nibutani ? The problem is the creators currently didn't build enough background potentially interesting enough for a new season, aside her own 8th grade syndrome. Welll I don't know, for now, she is not intriguing enough for me (but she was...during the first half). Well, we'll see in the next episodes, maybe a special reason as for why she had this syndrome ? Still not enough material for a whole new season I think.
    Last edited by Gats; December 03, 2012 at 04:26 PM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    I really doubt about a 2nd season. It seems that everything is building up around the 8th grade syndrome shared by some of those characters, I don't see any other potential background developped in those episodes for a real continuation.

A story centered around Nibutani ? The problem is the creators currently didn't build enough background potentially interesting enough for a new season, aside her own 8th grade syndrome. Welll I don't know, for now, she is not intriguing enough for me (but she was...during the first half). Well, we'll see in the next episodes, maybe a special reason as for why she had this syndrome ? Still not enough material for a whole new season I think.
    You do know that the anime is based on the novels? The anime didn't cover much from the novels yet, a lot from what we've seen until now is anime original.

Quoting ultimatemegax (translates the novel) from Animesuki:

Quote Quote:
    Yes. A vast majority of the material you've seen animated prior to episode 5's second half was anime-original.
    There's way more to, looks like the anime changed a lot of things. All who are in for some spoilers (no plot details but most of the things the anime changed are mentioned) can read this. It's from ultimatemegax too.

Spoiler show

All I can say is that I wonder why they didn't do it this way .__. not that they didn't do a good job but I always prefer staying close to the original.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

No I didn't know there were novels. But well seeing things are going for now, I find it a bit hard to expect a season 2 if we don't know that.

edit : there are significant changes actually lol
    Last edited by Gats; December 05, 2012 at 02:49 PM.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That confession was so adorable. Another episode filled with sugar.
    I guess in the end she took off her eyepatch because she accepted it.
    I wonder what'll happen now between her and Yuuta.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; December 05, 2012 at 08:37 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that happened so fast... O__o Yuuta falling in love with Rikka, both confessing to each other and Yuuta telling her that she needs to stop fantasizing.
    Still really well done, I loved it. My only critique is that they could've shown the discussion between the two instead of just a little flashback.

From how it looks, they really plan to end this with one season. I read about all the changes they made compared to the novel and it seems most people say that KyoAni did a better job with storytelling than the actual novel (judging only the first novel though, as the second one isn't translated yet). I probably need to check the novel but despite all the changes they made the show definitely is a great work on it's own

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Hilarious

Spoiler show

And

Spoiler show

new fav pairing anyone?

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The confession was very nice...but it lacked sensuality after the words. The little finger, really ?

Oh well they just entered high school I guess that...nah I'm still not entirely satisfied with it.

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with gats on everything! It was cute and at the same time awkward. I am glad it's going to be one season, it will wrap up nicely. what I don't like is the side character don't get focused on as much on the main characters now, it's pretty much all yuta and rikka, and the others are comic relief.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh damn this was sad.
    Nearly the whole episode I wanted to punch Yuuta in the face because he knew what she wanted to hear... He looked at her with a fake face everytime she got her expectations up... I know he knows what she wants to hear from him but does it really justify him to break her cute little heart like this? She tries really hard and I really think small steps would've been better than crushing der delusional world with one swing.
    As if it would be that easy.
    Damn Yuuta I hope you set things right within next episode... And I'm still anticipating a kiss or a chuunibyou-battle. I would prefer to see both though.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; December 13, 2012 at 06:06 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Oh damn this was sad.
    Nearly the whole episode I wanted to punch Yuuta in the face because he knew what she wanted to her... He looked at her with a fake face everytime she got her expectations up... I know he knows what she wants to here from him but does it really justify him to break her cute little heart like this? She tries really hard and I really think small steps would've been better than crushing der delusional world with one swing.
    As if it would be that easy.
    Damn Yuuta I hope you set things right within next episode... And I'm still anticipating a kiss or a chuunibyou-battle. I would prefer to see both though.
    Is it really that onesided though? What's the right thing to do? Tell her there is an unseen horizon? I could totally understand Yuuta, he knows that she has to face reality but on the other hand he sees how sad that makes her. Honestly I don't feel like saying what's right or what's wrong because the answer isn't that simple.
    As touching as the episode is, that's what I loved most about it - it makes you think what's the right thing to do. Facing sadness and reality is something everyone of us has to do, as much as it hurts. Yet it's nothing bad to believe in something supernatural if that gives you happiness and the will to live on, a damn lot of people do that and I would never dare to say something against that.

The problem is how far you take it. As fun as Rikka's behaviour was, it totally denied reality and that's the problem. I guess finding some kind of compromise would be best but still, that's easier said than done.

Hands down to KyoAni though, going from comical to love/drama to seriousness - it's such a harsh change and yet this is what makes the serious so awesome. They're touching a pretty difficult topic there and I'm really curious what answer they will provide us with.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I also liked that there were no easy answers this week. Growing up can be hard, facing reality uncomfortable.

The best thing to do would be help her find a little balance. The key line was when she said, while cleaning up her room, "I don't know what I can and can not keep". She seems to know that she can't remain a chuunibyou, but she doesn't seem to know where to draw the line. He needs to help he understand that she does not need to abandon her interests, or force herself. She doesn't need to change how she talks. All she needs to do is stop living in a fantasy world. I'm not sure he is able to tell himself that yet, he still seems to be forcing himself too.

At this point I think there will be a second season. Several important characters from the novels have not appeared yet. Satone, one of the main characters from the second novel, has not been introduced yet, Kannagi has so far only been shown in the background. From what I have read she is a favorite among fans of the novels. I may be wrong, I don't know much about the novels, but it seems as though a lot of material has not yet been animated.
    Last edited by Kaiten; December 13, 2012 at 02:33 PM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Rikka just watched this episode.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast