Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Chu 2 byo demo Koi ga Shitai!

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chu 2 byo demo Koi ga Shitai!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    At this point I think there will be a second season. Several important characters from the novels have not appeared yet. Satone, one of the main characters from the second novel, has not been introduced yet, Kannagi has so far only been shown in the background. From what I have read she is a favorite among fans of the novels. I may be wrong, I don't know much about the novels, but it seems as though a lot of material has not yet been animated.
    I guess you missed my post about the novel or didn't want to read it? There are some very drastic changes to the storyline like

Spoiler show

Not that I would mind a second season but I feel like KyoAni created their own story, the changes are just too extreme. Ofc that's no argument against a second season but I wouldn't bet on it because of some characters absence. From the development they could create a good end to the story, let's see how it goes.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

And I believe that was the first time I really felt with Dekomori, her development this ep was excellent

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Spoiler show

Loved Nibutani's interactions with Dekomori too, shows that she actually cares for all of them.
    I guess there wasn't much I didn't love this episode.
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; December 13, 2012 at 04:30 PM.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Is it really that onesided though? What's the right thing to do? Tell her there is an unseen horizon? I could totally understand Yuuta, he knows that she has to face reality but on the other hand he sees how sad that makes her. Honestly I don't feel like saying what's right or what's wrong because the answer isn't that simple.
    As touching as the episode is, that's what I loved most about it - it makes you think what's the right thing to do. Facing sadness and reality is something everyone of us has to do, as much as it hurts. Yet it's nothing bad to believe in something supernatural if that gives you happiness and the will to live on, a damn lot of people do that and I would never dare to say something against that.

The problem is how far you take it. As fun as Rikka's behaviour was, it totally denied reality and that's the problem. I guess finding some kind of compromise would be best but still, that's easier said than done.
    I understand what you are saying but the problem I have with Yuuta is, he couldn't adapt to the new situation either. I got the impression he made it worse. He never completely lost his chuunibyou attitude. You can see that when he still falls back into old behaviour. Even if he is embarrassed about it or tries to forget it. Yet he tries to cure Rikka with one swing disregarding his own growing process.
    Yuuta already experienced this kinda thing. He realized he had to change but never did it completely. Otherwise Rikka wouldn't have that kind of influence on him.

I don't want him to play along. Rikka HAS to grow up and everyone knows how hard that can be. But she is totally helpless and lost in a real world which never bothered her because she could "play" with her delusions.
    Furthermore I think Rikka really wanted Yuuta to understand since they are bound by the "Lovers Contract" regarding the pinky kiss they shared again and yet Yuuta still wants her to change kinda alone. He never really intervened when Dekomori made her move and the biggest flaw in my oppinion was Yuuta did not ask Rikka if he should accompany her to the grave. I mean THIS is what made her delusional. Her father who passed away and left her is what she couldn't accept all along.
    He made her ride that train alone. I really lost it the moment he fake-smiled at her while the doors closed. This isn't a matter of growing up and suddenly being able to understand or comprehend "death" itself.
    Dekomori just wanted to help her in that case because as I see it her Chuunibyou wasn't severe to begin with looking at how good her grades are. Rikka needed a friend, Dekomori was there. Rikkas whole live began to change after she met Yuuta. He understood her.
    And now he is unable to watch her change or even to really help her with it?
    Yuuta is helpless at the moment. Otherwise he wouldn't have yelled at Dekomori this hard. He knows he failed big time.
    And whats left is to set thing straight.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; December 14, 2012 at 09:24 AM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Omg that was such a sad episode!! I feel really bad for dekomori, but I am happy rikka moved on.

And in a couple of days the series ends...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want it to end... But the final episode came without mercy...
    Very good episode though. Dekomori looks very cute with her hair down.

Yuuta finally understood what he had to do. If there is one thing I'm disapoointed with it was the lack of a kiss... But well... Very romantic after all... So much D'aaaaaw-ing x3

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    I don't want it to end... But the final episode came without mercy...
    Very good episode though. Dekomori looks very cute with her hair down.

Yuuta finally understood what he had to do. If there is one thing I'm disapoointed with it was the lack of a kiss... But well... Very romantic after all... So much D'aaaaaw-ing x3
    Yeah, Dekomori looks way better with her hair down. The kumin moments were funny as well. About the kiss, there is some cultural thing in Japan about not showing kisses(I read somewhere).
    Overall pretty enjoyable show, glad I picked it up.

And that speech about chuunibyou was totally true! We have it all our lives.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Oh the feelings.... great end to a fantastic show.

I loved the message: Never deny the dreams of your childhood because they will always be a part of you. Cherish them for giving you hope and endless fun. You may grow old and see them as something shameful but they are what makes you special, to you and the precious people surrounding you. Indeed, you're a special being who's not afraid to confront both reality and fantasy for they are both an important part of your life.

Hands down to KyoAni, I never would have expected such a wonderful experience.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have come to expect this level of quality from KyoAni. I've enjoyed every KyoAni show I have watched. Every show is well animated, well acted, well directed, scripted, and scored. They maintain a high level of quality, no matter the show. I automatically watch new KyoAni. I can't wait for Tamako Market in January. The only major KyoAni title I have not watched is K-On, which I am starting today. From the clips I have seen, the technical aspects of K-On is top notch.

While I don't consider Chuu2 one of KyoAni's best (Clannad, Haruhi, and Hyouka were better), it was still my favorite new series this season. It will be missed. Rikka was an incredibly memorable character, among my all time favorites. Yuuta was a better than average male lead. While no Kyon or Tomoya, he was still an engaging character, a rarity in bishoujo/moe male leads. The story was more emotionally effecting than I had anticipated, particularly in the second half. Despite the changes made to the novel, I still have some hope for a second season. This season did not adapt any content from the second novel. None of the changes in the anime should effect their ability to adapt book two. There is no guarantee they will, but nothing preventing it either.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

"Merry Christmas by Team Chūnibyō (Kuzuha, Rikka, Nibutani, Dekomori)"

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Promo special episode, which is going to be included in BD release:

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I demand a second season!!

This show went from hilarious to incredibly adorable to dramatic.
    Watched everything in two days and now I need more. Guess I'll watch some other KyoAni stuff.

14. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Promo special episode, which is going to be included in BD release:

Kiss by accident?

Well its something!

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Another promo of bonus episode~

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i am new to this series, so i havent read all of the posts to avoid spoilers

but i am a fan of young people in anime who have these overactive imaginations and the comedy that comes from their delusions and interactions with normal people
    so i figured i would give this series a try after watching episode one and learning about the "tyrants eye or wiked eye" and the "dark flame master"

i am sure there is more to the story than just comedy, so i look forward to finishing the series

---------- Post added March 24, 2013 at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was March 21, 2013 at 10:06 AM ----------

ok i just finished this anime today

and it was amazing, way more than i thought it would be

its a story i believe anyone could appreciate
    Last edited by REN KOUEN; March 24, 2013 at 09:08 PM.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you liked it as well.
    I really liked the turn the story took and how they gave Rikkas behaviour a reason named Yuuta.

There is one OVA more to come. I hope it will be an awesome extra episode... :3

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The library scene between yuuta and shinka was interesting, it almost seemed like shinka was hinting that she had a crush on yuuta, i am sure if she was indeed a "rival love interest" its probably emphasised more in the LN

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast