Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Who Wins?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Avalo Pizarro

25 46.30%
  • Basil Hawkins

29 53.70%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First Round! 13] Avalo Pizarro vs Basil Hawkins

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member leshrak's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Round! 13] Avalo Pizarro vs Basil Hawkins

How many voodoo dolls does Basil have during this fight?
    "There are some qualities, some incorporate things,/ That have a double life, which thus is made/ A type os twin entity which springs/ From matter and light, evinced in solid and shade"
    - Edgar Allan Poe, "Silence"

http://pandatoryu.wordpress.com/ Brazilian blog about anime, manga and games

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Hawkins coming out alive here. Maybe he'd have a better chance against one of the weaker people in Blackbeard's crew. But against a former Level 6 guy? I highly doubt it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Pizarro is the guy who's epithet is something like 'Corrupt King' and also the dude who suggested he lead the Blackbeard pirates right? Looks like a confident badass plus shrugging off that Sengoku shockwave is a huge feat for me. Hawkins is cool, but this dude seems like he could take more hits & also... I'm here to find the strongest! *monocle*

FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Pizarro will kill Hawkins with his drill arms!!!

No, just kidding. If I remember correctly, Alvaro wasnt a level 6 prisoner, he only disappeared and created Level 5.5. I assume he lived in the prison in a secret area like a mole and when BB came, he joined him, but didnt have to fight with other Level 6 prisoners.

Hawkins has his straw, vodoo ability and I dont think that he is weaker than Pizarro. How would his drill arms harm a strawman?
    Also, that he forms an alliance with Kidd and Apoo shows, that they still take him serious. I see Hawkins win this fight, not only cause his ability, he seems also be very calm during a fight, and able to come up with a intelligent strategy.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if Hawkins has many good abilities like: he can regenerate to some extent, he knows his chances with cards etc., I doubt that'd help him overall.
    Hawkins uses his cards: what's the probability of winning? Too small, I give up. That's how it'd probably go.

But really, we know almost nothing against Pizarro, so this is a tough one.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Even if Hawkins has many good abilities like: he can regenerate to some extent, he knows his chances with cards etc., I doubt that'd help him overall.
    Hawkins uses his cards: what's the probability of winning? Too small, I give up. That's how it'd probably go.

But really, we know almost nothing against Pizarro, so this is a tough one.
    Even when he faced Kizaru, he did not fear him, nor retreated. Hawkins actions are all calculated and part of his strategy. He also seems to be a skilled swordfighter, and together with his devil fruit, it is a dangerous combination. Since we only know that Pizarro has something like the drill drill fruit, I want to give Hawkins the chance to proceed further in this tournament.

Apoo, Zoro, Kidd, Bege and Law are out, and soon Uruoge too.. Supernovas are too underrated, Hawkins, Ruffy, Killer and Drake are the only one to held up their flag!..Booney is too weak

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Passionate Member 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! scav's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Amigo View Post
    Apoo, Zoro, Kidd, Bege and Law are out, and soon Uruoge too.. Supernovas are too underrated, Hawkins, Ruffy, Killer and Drake are the only one to held up their flag!..Booney is too weak
    exactly. And i don't think Booney is weak, she just couldn't beat BB and his crew.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_54.gif

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

They are not underrated. They are clearly overrated.
    Luffy who was the strongest among thems was still close to useless during the War at Marinford, so how come you can see weaker Hawkins being able to win against a 6th level prisoner?
    Supernovas aren't weaklings now, but for now someone like a 6th level prisoner or someone like Doflamingo or Jimbei as for me are too strong for them. Maybe with the exeption of Luffy.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Passionate Member 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! scav's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

nothing really say that luffy was the strongest before the timeskip. We just have the bounty and the bounty aren't related to strength. And law vs smoker clearly proved us that luffy ain't the only one who made some progress during the timeskip. And at least the supernova showed us something, those lvl 6 prisoner didn't show us anything except their face. And except BB they were useless during the war. Sengoku owned all of them with only one shockwave

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Supernovas didn't have any fits before timeskip. Only Luffy was shown to defeat strong opponents like Croc, Moria, Lucci, while Supernovas didn't show anything. Entire Mugivara crew managed to take Pacifista before timeskip, while Kidd and Law had to unite both their crews to defeat one... And besides Drake and Hawkins Luffy, Kidd and Law seemd among the strongest Supernovas.

Well, the thing that Sengoku took down level 6th prisoners doesn't mean that they are weak. It only means that Sengoku is strong.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

before or after timeskip those lvl 6 don't have any fits, they didn't show anything. they're overrated just because they're lvl 6. They're not Godlike they're just as strong as a luffy, a jimbei or a law post timeskip. Crocodile was also a lvl 6 that doesn't change the fact that he's been defeated by an early luffy. You give too much credit to the fact that they're lvl 6. I believe if any of the old supernova were to be arrested now he would be lvl 6. And they all have unique fearsome abilities.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, they are not just level 6 prisoners now, they are now IN THE CREW OF A YONKO, and if I remember correctly everyone treats Shanks's crew as godlike, so why not Blackbeard's? The managed to get to being in a yonko crew. Plus those Big Mom pirates they are also strong, and if I may, Marco, who was in Whitebeards crew, is undoubtedly stronger than Hawkins, Supernovas are strong, but some are far more stronger than the others, plus some are needed more for the story, while others just fade away, like Capone and Urouge. Hawkins would be somewhere in the middle, though maybe upper middle/ My vote goes to Avalo Pizzaro since he should be as strong as everyone in Shanks's crew.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, none of these two showed us what they're worth, forget about Hawkins performance back at Shabaody, that was 2 years ago, and now he's a well known pirate in the NW, well he wouldn't beat a Yonko, but I think he could put a fight against some of the commanders, depending on which one...

Avalo is a well known criminal, although him being in Level 6 may be an indicator of his strength, but it doesn't mean he's an uber since Level 6 is where criminals that the WG want to literally suppress them from history are thrown, I could even see Robin thrown there mainly because of her knowledge of the Ancient Language

Tough thing really... Guess I'd vote for Avalo

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

BB is only a Yonko cause he stole WB ability. So if you are in his crew, it doesnt mean you are automatically as strong as other Yonkos crew members, that argument is ridicoulus.
    Fact is, Hawkins faced an admiral and a pacifister the same time, survived and is now a high bountied NW pirate.
    BB and his crew shit his pants when Aka Inu arrived to capture Booney.

Being a Lvl.6 prisoner is no factor of strength, until you really see something that proves their power. From all we have seen so far, it should be clear, that Hawkins wins this.
    Totally agree with scav!

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Please be reminded that the Level 6 people in Blackbeard's crew slaughtered all the other Level 6 prisoners around them. Like many have said, being in Level 6 doesn't necessarily mean you're strong, maybe you're just a really bad guy. But being a former Level 6 guy in BB's crew sure as hell makes you really strong. Level 6 had people like Crocodile, Jinbei, and Ace. So imagine how scary are the guys who were able to kill all the other Level 6 prisoners?

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast