Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: Yukimura vs Sanada OVA edition

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Sanada OVA edition

    Where do I begin with your contradicting arguments.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Fayte, there IS no off-screen point.
    There is an off screen point. Fact. Even you believe there is, because you say Yukimura gets 2 points with 1 swing of the racquet on the last page. That means it is an off screen point. That is not even a negotiable point. If you say there is no off screen points, you just lost the argument. End of story. The ref did not say a word from 4-0 to 7-1. I rest my case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgimes
    First of all the referee shouts the score count for us.
    No, he doesn't. That's the reason we are having this conversation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes
    Then at 4-0, Sanada misses the ball, and in the next panel he takes a point with BA.
    It can be argued he lost that point, and then at 5-0 got BA, but to say he got that point at 6-0 makes ZERO sense.
    This is hilarious to me. Not only do you say "it can be argued he lost that point" (when Sanada BLATANTLY lost the point), but you go on to say getting the point at 6-0 makes zero sense because:

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes
    Why would Konomi miss THAT ONE panel when he iillustrated every other panel??
    Your reasoning makes no sense.
    Oh I get it. Because Konomi didn't draw a panel showing Yukimura getting that point means it didn't happen, right? So that means Yukimura did not get any more than 1 point after Black Aura because he didn't illustrate a second point. Your argument goes way more against you than it does me, meaning, your reasoning is the one that is senseless.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgimes
    Don't you think the ref would have shouted out match point???
    Since if you say it was 6-0, then the ref would have shouted out match point at least twice. He never said it once.
    THE REF WAS FREAKING DEAD SINCE 4-0. READ THE DAMN CHAPTER.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes
    To even go by the OVA which was completely fan service and wrong shows a lot from you.
    Fail argument. Just because the OVA is not entirely canon does NOT mean it does not follow canon. Did Yukimura play Sanada? Did Sanada use black aura? Did Yukimura win? Looks to me the OVA got some things right, which means my argument still stands. Black Aura was achieved on match point, and that is how they interpreted it as well. It has NOTHING AT ALL to do with it being canon or not. It is how you interpret the manga panels.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes
    Yuki did not obtain only 1 point Fayte. You need re-read it.
    It's 4-0, then 5-0 as if you look closely, the ball is bouncing on the ground besides Sanada I only just realized.

    It was 5-0 when BA appears.
    Like I said, the fact of it being 5-0 and not 4-0 is a non-negotiable point. However, Sanada and Yukimura already began another rally to even allow for BA to appear, so obviously it did not happen directly after Sanada lost that point. There was time in between the 5-0 and the Black Aura. During that time period was when Yukimura got the extra point, NOT after BA. Konomi has never drawn it that way ever. A finishing move always represents 1 point or 1 whole game. It is never 2 points. Yukimura's last attack was a finishing move, meaning it HAD to be match point because a finishing move represents 1 point.

  2. #17
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Sanada OVA edition

    Nope. There is an off screen point. But I still maintain that Yukimura get 2 points in a row. Yukimura "serious" mode just get the 2 points off Sanada so quickly that it just last a page. Prove me wrong. By cannon material.

    Here's what we see.

    It was at least 5-0 when we saw Black Aura. You think it could be 6-0. But from the points of what we've seen and only that, it's 5-0. You think there's invisible point off invisible panel. We think Yukimura just win 2 points in a row.

    Swinging and getting 2 points in a row JUST show that Yukimura stomp Sanada. That is all.

    We are skip points ALL the time. In Ochi/Mouri match, Sanada/Tezuka match. Some of those clearly won 2 points in a row. We just don't know the score until it's over.

    Last attack IS always a finishing move. And Yukimura only gets 1 points off that. I'm telling you to find me a page that show the score is 6-0.

    Here's one thing we're 100% sure of.

    The "time skip" happen after black aura and the finishing smash. You can get as many points as you want in a time skip. Yes, even 2.
    Last edited by -Ken-; October 23, 2012 at 11:46 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  3. #18
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Sanada OVA edition

    It's not clear to me when the point Sanada scored with Black Aura but I think it's rather obvious that at that point, Sanada hasn't quite figured out how it works so any resulting score can be explained by the fact that Sanada hasn't figured out BA yet.

    It says Yukimura thought he was seeing things when he saw the Black Aura, and the next frame shows Sanada looking normal without the aura. By the time Sanada returned from the mountain training, even random fodder guys can see the Black Aura permanently. So you can assume the Black Aura just popped off for a brief moment, because otherwise there it wouldn't be a 'can't trust your eyes' deal, as it's rather obvious BA is there after Sanada returned from his training.

    For all we know Sanada could've scored a point with BA and then can't figure out how to turn it back on again.

  4. #19
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Sanada OVA edition

    maybe he saw a phantom demon inside sanada.

    reminds me in pot1, in kantou tournament when only sanada saw the samurai aura that ryoma had. or maybe samurai spirit. it would be werid to imagine a samurai all a sudden. so i would say he saw it.

  5. #20
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Sanada OVA edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Like I said, the fact of it being 5-0 and not 4-0 is a non-negotiable point. However, Sanada and Yukimura already began another rally to even allow for BA to appear, so obviously it did not happen directly after Sanada lost that point. There was time in between the 5-0 and the Black Aura. During that time period was when Yukimura got the extra point,
    Show where this happened.
    Your making this up. A ''hidden rallly''.
    Lol.
    At 5-0, BA came. BA went. Sanada couldn't take a point without BA. End of.

    ---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Fail argument. Just because the OVA is not entirely canon does NOT mean it does not follow canon. Did Yukimura play Sanada? Did Sanada use black aura? Did Yukimura win? Looks to me the OVA got some things right, which means my argument still stands. Black Aura was achieved on match point, and that is how they interpreted it as well. It has NOTHING AT ALL to do with it being canon or not. It is how you interpret the manga panels.
    Now you're being silly.
    Obviously the OVA would show those primary things.

    You are assuming BA was achieved on match-point. At no point have you shown concrete evidence it happened then.
    All the evidence goes against this.

    Get passionate about Sanada all you want. You cannot change the manga Fayte.

  6. #21
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Sanada OVA edition

    Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    maybe he saw a phantom demon inside sanada.

    reminds me in pot1, in kantou tournament when only sanada saw the samurai aura that ryoma had. or maybe samurai spirit. it would be werid to imagine a samurai all a sudden. so i would say he saw it.
    Well only the powerful can see the samurai spirit (Tezuka, Sanada). But, the guys who saw the Black Aura after Sanada returned were just random HS fodders. It can be assumed at that point Sanada must be walking around in a shroud of darkness that anybody can see. So given that I assume initially he must not be able to maintain it for any extended time, like he just unlocked it once and score a point and can't turn it back on, because we see Sanada without the BA after a single frame with BA.

  7. #22
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Sanada OVA edition

    also,not cannon , but ova showed rai went through YUKIS RACKET gut. this doesnt diminish yuki's skill as he went straight to returning rai bu faILED DUE TO GUT BEING TORN.




    SO WHEN DOES THE GUT always BREAK AND NOT?

    i'm asumming yuki didnt think guts break vs rai, cuz he would have avoiding losing a point if possible.
    but still only a couple people faced rai. not sure in the beginning of u-17 before Jrs eliminations, if the gut broke vs other HSers, unarthorized Jrs vs Hsers match

    edit sorry 4 caps
    Last edited by ashore; October 25, 2012 at 08:16 PM.

  8. #23
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member LJkAze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Sanada OVA edition

    Seriously they should of stick to the OVA format for the first 15 episode and not the bogus quality we got; I dont care if it comes out monthly like the national in the Original POT because i prefer quality over quantity. If they continue with the anime which they most likely are I hope it's OVA format

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #24
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Sanada OVA edition

    I don't, each National's match was really rushed.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap


  11. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Sanada OVA edition

    Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    also,not cannon , but ova showed rai went through YUKIS RACKET gut. this doesnt diminish yuki's skill as he went straight to returning rai bu faILED DUE TO GUT BEING TORN.




    SO WHEN DOES THE GUT always BREAK AND NOT?

    i'm asumming yuki didnt think guts break vs rai, cuz he would have avoiding losing a point if possible.
    but still only a couple people faced rai. not sure in the beginning of u-17 before Jrs eliminations, if the gut broke vs other HSers, unarthorized Jrs vs Hsers match

    edit sorry 4 caps
    That's purely for Sanada fan. Yukimura knows it will break. He saw it at least 20 times+ at Sanada vs Tezuka match. There's no need for him to be dumb, at all. Hence, he return it first time in the manga.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #26
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Sanada OVA edition

    Quote Originally Posted by LJkAze View Post
    Seriously they should of stick to the OVA format for the first 15 episode and not the bogus quality we got; I dont care if it comes out monthly like the national in the Original POT because i prefer quality over quantity. If they continue with the anime which they most likely are I hope it's OVA format
    Nationals OVA was amazing quality.
    They did an amazing job with so many things.
    They only messed up with Hyakku Ren.

    New PoT has been awful with quality. They even use the EXACT same scene when someone tosses the ball up for a serve.
    Every. Single. Time. Watch any episode and you will know what I mean.

  14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #27
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Sanada OVA edition

    you can also add to sanada fans that yuki lost a point to stone? one of the fuurinkazan techs.

  16. #28
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yukimura vs Sanada OVA edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    New PoT has been awful with quality. They even use the EXACT same scene when someone tosses the ball up for a serve.
    Every. Single. Time. Watch any episode and you will know what I mean.
    Every single smash scene is the same as well; and the winning point ball looks like it has a 3 foot diameter.

  17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts