Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: What's the BEST manga!!?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • NARUTO-ナルト

17 12.23%
  • BLEACH-ブリーチ

16 11.51%
  • ONE PIECE-ワンピース

70 50.36%
  • gintama-銀魂

13 9.35%
  • REBORN

23 16.55%
  • eye shield21-アイシールド21

20 14.39%
  • trouble-TO LOVEる

4 2.88%
  • prince of tennis-テニスの王子様

3 2.16%
  • kochikame-こち亀

3 2.16%
  • D.Gray-man

15 10.79%
  • DRAGON BALL-ドラゴンボール

28 20.14%
  • yu yu hakusho-幽遊白書

13 9.35%
  • SLAM DUNK

15 10.79%
  • rurou ni kenshin-るろうに剣心

17 12.23%
  • Dr.Slump-ドクタースランプ

4 2.88%
  • BLACK CAT

6 4.32%
  • hikaru no go-ヒカルの碁

9 6.47%
  • shaman king-シャーマンキング

8 5.76%
  • HUNTER HUNTER

21 15.11%
  • hokuto no ken-北斗の拳

3 2.16%
  • ichigo 100%-いちご100%

2 1.44%
  • bobobo-bobo-bobo -ボボボーボボーボボ

5 3.60%
  • zan-斬

3 2.16%
  • SKET DANCE

5 3.60%
  • PSYREN

16 11.51%
  • BARIHAKEN-バリハケン

4 2.88%
  • busou renkin-武装練金

4 2.88%
  • Muhyo to Rōjī no Mahōritsu Sōdan Jimusho-ムヒョとロージー

5 3.60%
  • Pyū to Fuku! Jaguar-ピューと吹くジャガー

4 2.88%
  • other..... その他

21 15.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: All-time Favorite Series from Weekly Shounen JUMP

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BEST WSJ MANGA!!!

Hmm this poll isn't really accurate. Get the people over from the Naruto boards and then tell them to vote in this thread, and I think you'll see a big jump in the polls, maybe it won't beat One Piece but definitely the others.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

what a moot point! get all the people from the bleach boards to vote and it might cahnge. but this is favourite series. a lot of people can go on those naruto boards and not htink its the best wsj series ya know

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just realized Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro isn't on their. Come on man whats with the hate?

Anyways it's not like people from the OP board are coming here and voting because someone told them to, this is actually really fair, if this had been put in the OP board then you could talk. Still a lot of people from the Naruto Boards surprisingly do not find Naruto to be their favorite Shounen Manga.

Pretty much what Noodles said.

And for those flaming OP let me put my reply like this OP 140 and less is fail. The only good parts are Arlong Arc, certain parts of Buggy Arc, Choppers Past, and parts of Baratie Arc. Thats maybe 50 chapters in all. But the fact is OP blows Naruto out of the water in storytelling at around 150 onwards. Ironiclly in comparison Naruto Shippuden sucks compared to pre-skip Naruto.

Honestly you ain't got nothing on me, I read through the CHimera Ant Arc and it's nasty drawing style.

P.S. Buu Arc=Fail, I mean seriously, longer growing hair as a powerup? Can anyone say shallow and retarded.
    Last edited by Onomatopoeia; October 17, 2008 at 07:21 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Maphisto40's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me preface this by saying that my all-time favorite Shounen series were never in WSJ, those are Fullmetal Alchemist (Monthly Shōnen Gangan, ongoing) and Flame of Recca (Shōnen Sunday, completed).

Ok, I have to break these into two categories.

Completed Series:
    ~ Dragonball - Inspired so many of today's mangakas to write their own shounen. While I love this series, I am also aware of its flaws, such as the ridiculous amount of powerups in the later years. You can blame that on Toriyama-sensei practically being forced to continue the manga way longer than he intended, because of its explosive popularity.

~ Yu Yu Hakusho - Togashi-sensei created a great world, great characters, and the best story arc I have read to date, which is The Black Chapters (Chapter Black). The final story arc (3 Kings) was a bit sketchy, but the anime fleshed it out wonderfully. One of my top favorite characters of all time has come from this series, Urameshi Yusuke (the protagonist).

~ Rurouni Kenshin - I really love this series, Watsuki-sensei stuck to the main idea all the way through to the end, which a lot of others don't. The action was top-notch, the characters (especially Kenshin) were great, and the art was gorgeous.

Current Series:
    ~ BLEACH - I have re-read this series many times now, and I always enjoy it just as much. Kubo-sensei has created an extremely detailed world with tons of great characters, and an intriguing storyline full of twists. I like the protagonist (Kurosaki Ichigo), and also like the fact that he gets his ass handed to him pretty frequently. I hate when the hero always wins.

~ Naruto - Kishimoto-sensei made a big world full of ninjas, and I thank him for it. I like the storyline of this series, and there's tons of great characters. I also credit the mangaka for being able to change my mind about Uzumaki Naruto (the protagonist...duh), whom I despised at first. Watching Naruto go through lots of painful crap and maturing quite a bit was awesome. Now I want to see what he will do.

~ One Piece - I like this series because it is so straightforward. Pirates and adventure and everything in between. When I just want some good fights without a ton of drama, I read OP. Thank you Oda-sensei, for creating this crazy world!

~ Hunter X Hunter - I really like this series, even though it is currently in a very strange place (Chimera Ant arc). I don't mind about the current crappy art, because Togashi-sensei is re-drawing it for the tankōbon volumes. I enjoy the characters, the Nen system, and the action.

~ PSYREN - This is a very interesting sci-fi series. I am greatly enjoying the story so far, and the psy abilities are really cool, as they can take almost any form. Since this series is only on chapter 43, there hasn't been a whole lot of character development yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

EDIT: I just noticed that Death Note isn't on that list. I really liked that series, with the cat-and-mouse mind games and Light's ever-increasing levels of deceit and bastardness.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Maphisto40; October 22, 2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Manga-addicted freak of nature...ケンイチ
    FMA, oh how I adore thee...

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto is the best in my opinion. Not only is the plot great but the characters are funny and many are very original.

Artistically speaking Naruto is probably the most amazing thing i have ever seen. Kishimoto manages to create completely new landscapes that are beautiful and unique. This gives the Naruto world a kind of depth and variety which i love.

I should mention One Piece gets a close second for me, due to it's complete mastery of humor and emotion. It's story also has a unique kind of fun loving freedom to it, so i can easily see why someone would pick it as the best.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Naruto is the best in my opinion. Not only is the plot great but the characters are funny and many are very original.

Artistically speaking Naruto is probably the most amazing thing i have ever seen. Kishimoto manages to create completely new landscapes that are beautiful and unique. This gives the Naruto world a kind of depth and variety which i love.

I should mention One Piece gets a close second for me, due to it's complete mastery of humor and emotion. It's story also has a unique kind of fun loving freedom to it, so i can easily see why someone would pick it as the best.
    How times have changed since 2008....

Beelzebub is easily my choice now. It's not even particularly close.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy Barnard View Post
    Rookies and Jaguar are solid favourites of mine nowadays. which is weird, i started reading rookies 3 weeks ago
    Oh the follies of youth... Wait no, this is basically still right, though now I'd say that choosing favourites is nigh-on impossible. I just straight up love jump

but ROOKIES, Nisekoi, Vento Aureo, anything by Masakazu Katsura, there are a few things worth pointing out as special to me.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: All-time Favorite Series from Weekly Shounen JUMP

Right now or of all time, Beelzebub. Naruto has really gotten worse in quality ever since the war, and One Piece has a lot of misses and few hits. Fishman Island was meh, although I'm not sure if Oda gave much effort to it, other than to establish some of new powers that SHP gained. Punk Hazard isn't as good either. And One Piece abuses flashbacks like no other.

Though, actually, I might mention Good Ending as well.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

my favs;

Slam Dunk; for me the best sports manga. also had a very moving story.

Yu Yu Hakushou; i just liked the chars and story.

Kenshin; till the end it was the best.for me ending was a bit dissappointing. not unforseen thou...

HXH; maybe the best series currently serialized in the jump. only downsize togashi's schedule. he should at least write 30 chapters a year.

@M3J isnt Good Ending in shounen magazine?

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly have no idea.

But I didn't see the poll or understand the title well enough. All-time favorite series would have to be either Dragon Ball (before the timeskip to where Gohan was 4) or Yu Yu Hakusho.

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5