Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moon Eye Plan

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Yugoslavia
    Post Thanks / Like

Moon Eye Plan

I think most of disappointment from latest chapters comes from Moon Eye Plan being poorly explained. Kishi didn't convince me that it is good idea, and everyone in manga thinks its bad idea except Obito. This is why Obito looks stupid. Having a world without winners where all are happy is good idea, and I can understand Obito falls for that, but I have so many questions about MEP that I can't take it serious candidate for creating this world.

1. How will Rin be revived in MEP? What will happen to her personality? Is she zombie, or what?

2. What will happen to free will? Can someone choose what to eat for lunch, or who to kill?

3. Do you need living people inside MEP, or can you create/revive all that are missing? Is Minato going to be there? Is it his personality or puppet moved by Madara/Obito?

4. If Obito is controlling everyone, can he enjoy it and relax in this world, or just work work work...

5. Can you kill everyone in this war, and still have them alive in MEP?

6. If you don't need other people for MEP, if you can create them, why including them in the plan in the first place? Just lock up in cave and create everyone in your fantasy, and let others live above the way they want.

7. What is world without winners? World where everyone is happy? It is enough to have two boys in love with same girl and you have a problem to make three of them happy. Is Madara going to instruct who will fall in love with who?

8. What happens to the world when Madara/Obito die?

Maybe Madara had Obito persuaded that this is good idea, like Danzo persuaded that Samurai that it is good idea for him to be leader of 5 armies. But instead Madaras plan is something more believable like ruling the world.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Moon Eye Plan

They said it was an illusion no? So no one is really being revived. Just mass hypnosis forced onto the world by two butthurt losers.
    Last edited by Sanadan; October 29, 2012 at 12:37 PM.
    Meh

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Fool's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I started thinking this Moon Eye plan is a lie and he wants just Juubi's power to obliterate everyone on earth and become the king of the world.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

#6...You would think Madara would just cast an infinite Genjutsu on himself and just say F**K the world. The whole plan was just a bad idea on Kishi's part completely.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan
    They said it was an illusion no? So no one is really being revived. Just mass hypnosis forced onto the world by two butthurt losers.
    They would be alive to the person inside the illusion, which is what he meant. Those butthurt losers want to share the wealth (even with people that don't want said wealth). That's why they're casting it on the world. They're not taking away individuality or free will as they'd still be conscious inside the illusion. They'd just be in a world where they live forever in a life given to them by Madara-dono.

If it was all about vengeance they'd settle for destroying the world rather than altering it.

Quote Originally Posted by GomuGomu_Gesuga
    #6...You would think Madara would just cast an infinite Genjutsu on himself and just say F**K the world. The whole plan was just a bad idea on Kishi's part completely.
    Once again, if the Genjutsu was cast on himself alone, he has no affect on the actual world. Madara is a warrior. Nothing would be more pathetic to him than hiding in a dream for eternity while those who questioned his ability to rule lived their lives in the sun. What he wants is to be in control of everything. Not necessarily to rule with an iron fist from what we've seen. But because it's his right as the true strongest. And by giving the world the perfect dream world to live in not only will they witness his absolute power... but they'll love him for it, the way the Uchiha clan used to.

Hashirama took everything from Madara when his clan turned on him and chose him as the first Hokage. He's refilling that void with Tsuki no Mei
    Last edited by ninjabot; October 29, 2012 at 01:55 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Whilst Obito wants to resurrect a girl who doesn't love him, Madara just wants to resurrect Hashirama in his wonderful dream world.
    Having outlived him, Madara got lonely without his wooden buddy...
    Infinite RAGE!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Or that. Yeah. Maybe.

But the way I said it was cooler.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Yugoslavia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    I still don't get how it will work, for example, if one is under genjutsu in manga, we see his body standing still in reality, like he is frozen, but they have to eat and drink so move around, and die after 50 years, so its not eternity. If Rin is not revived but an illusion, she obviously has no free will, so who will decide what she does or speaks? ITs not really thing to promise to dying girl: "Rin, I will create a world where you are still dead, but Im hypnotised to believe that you are still alive, and some old geezer is puppeting your illusion to tell me you love me, and then we will touch each other private parts." Madara will have to move Rins hand down Obitos trousers? Isnt that poor ending for Madara? "Obito get over with it already. Im next and you are doing Hashirama." For the love of god tell me its not how it is going to work.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    They would be alive to the person inside the illusion, which is what he meant. Those butthurt losers want to share the wealth (even with people that don't want said wealth). That's why they're casting it on the world. They're not taking away individuality or free will as they'd still be conscious inside the illusion. They'd just be in a world where they live forever in a life given to them by Madara-dono.

If it was all about vengeance they'd settle for destroying the world rather than altering it.

Once again, if the Genjutsu was cast on himself alone, he has no affect on the actual world. Madara is a warrior. Nothing would be more pathetic to him than hiding in a dream for eternity while those who questioned his ability to rule lived their lives in the sun. What he wants is to be in control of everything. Not necessarily to rule with an iron fist from what we've seen. But because it's his right as the true strongest. And by giving the world the perfect dream world to live in not only will they witness his absolute power... but they'll love him for it, the way the Uchiha clan used to.

Hashirama took everything from Madara when his clan turned on him and chose him as the first Hokage. He's refilling that void with Tsuki no Mei
    First time I have heard total mental domination and loss of freedom as spreading wealth. What about everyone that had to die when this was forced on the rest? Do they gain anything? No. This is a selfish tyrant move by two douche bags. It is about control and power, and in Tobis case about not being able to come to terms with reality.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pera2 View Post
    I still don't get how it will work, for example, if one is under genjutsu in manga, we see his body standing still in reality, like he is frozen, but they have to eat and drink so move around, and die after 50 years, so its not eternity. If Rin is not revived but an illusion, she obviously has no free will, so who will decide what she does or speaks? ITs not really thing to promise to dying girl: "Rin, I will create a world where you are still dead, but Im hypnotised to believe that you are still alive, and some old geezer is puppeting your illusion to tell me you love me, and then we will touch each other private parts." Madara will have to move Rins hand down Obitos trousers? Isnt that poor ending for Madara? "Obito get over with it already. Im next and you are doing Hashirama." For the love of god tell me its not how it is going to work.
    Yeah it is kinda impossible to make sense of. Like Madara being reincarnated trough Gedo Mazo powers, look at Konoha, all the corpses were "fresh" so to speak, Madaras would be a moldy heap. It would be a mass illusion but to keep these people alive some one would need to tend to all their bodily needs until they die and eventually since no one is pro creating except inside the illusion man kind would die. OR everyone is having a skew image of reality and move around but then they have been deprived of all free choices and are slaves under Madaras ideal world making him a tyrant wiling to kill for absolute power.

The Uchihas are full of fuck.
    Meh

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

First time I have heard total mental domination and loss of freedom as spreading wealth.
    Ever seen The Matrix? Remember how everyone wanted a life of freedom from the machines except the one traitor (Cypher I think his name was?) He didn't care that the world was fake, because it FELT real, and offered more than the pain and struggle of what Earth had become. Anything he wanted, the machines could give to him. Despite the fact that they held dominion over him.

You really don't think there'd be anyone in the Narutoverse who would take that deal? Especially ninja like Obito that have suffered loss and just want to be with their loved ones again? You think Sakura's willpower is too strong to let her choose a dreamworld where she has 100 mini Sasuke children with her beloved? Or that there were Konoha ninja that wouldn't choose a life where the Kyuubi never stomped on their village and killed all their family and friends? When all they have to do to gain this is look at the moon?

Quote Quote:
    What about everyone that had to die when this was forced on the rest? Do they gain anything? No. This is a selfish tyrant move by two douche bags. It is about control and power, and in Tobis case about not being able to come to terms with reality.
    What about 'em? The ones that miss them will see them again in the dreamworld. That's my point: I'm not justifying the dream or the sacrifices made to achieve it. I'm simply pointing out Obito's logic. Nothing matters in the real world because you can have anything you want in the fake world. Is the concept that vague? Doesn't seem like it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pera2
    I still don't get how it will work, for example, if one is under genjutsu in manga, we see his body standing still in reality, like he is frozen, but they have to eat and drink so move around, and die after 50 years, so its not eternity.
    Itachi's Tsukuyomi makes 60 seconds last for 3 days. And I've reason to believe that a Mugen Tsukuyomi cast from the moon is infinitely more powerful. Even if it followed Itachi's same rules it would mean that... let's see. 60 seconds in minute... 60 minutes in an hour... 1 hour is 3600 seconds... multiply that for every hour in a day and you get 86,400 seconds. Divide that by 20 because 20 seconds on the outside is 1 day on the inside and we get 4320 days.

So unless my math is horrible (and it is, normally), one day outside of Mugen Tsukuyomi could/should equal 4320 days inside. Divide this by 365 days since that's how long a year lasts and... in one day one person will have lived for 11 or so years. Multiply that by 365 days on the outside and on the inside someone would have lived close to 4015 years. In the course of one year. Multiply that by the 50 years you mentioned and over a lifetime someone will have lived 200,750 years.

Not infinite, but pretty damn close. And this is all assuming he doesn't force everyone to be connected to the Zetsu factory inorder to sustain them indefinitely, for eternity. Making it truely an Infinite Tsukuyomi.

Quote Quote:
    If Rin is not revived but an illusion, she obviously has no free will, so who will decide what she does or speaks?
    This one I agree with, though, there are workarounds. Why can't Madara construct her psyche based on Obito and Kakashi's combined memories? We've seen memories can be shared via Genjutsu. Also... can't he just use Rinne Tensei to bring her back before thrusting her into the Genjutsu?

Yeah it is kinda impossible to make sense of. Like Madara being reincarnated trough Gedo Mazo powers, look at Konoha, all the corpses were "fresh" so to speak, Madaras would be a moldy heap. It would be a mass illusion but to keep these people alive some one would need to tend to all their bodily needs until they die and eventually since no one is pro creating except inside the illusion man kind would die. OR everyone is having a skew image of reality and move around but then they have been deprived of all free choices and are slaves under Madaras ideal world making him a tyrant wiling to kill for absolute power.
    The Totsuka no Tsurugi seals you inside of a world of blissful Genjutsu for all eternity. You don't die in there. And I have reason to believe it's not gonna be nearly as powerful as the Mugen Tsukuyomi. Based on that I really don't think people dying off is that big of a problem here. Whether the Jyuubi chakra keeps them all alive the way Gedo Mazo kept Madara alive, or whether their bodies die and their minds are kept alive inside of the Genjutsu is anyone's guess. But if all he wanted was to control via fear and destruction, he'd just do it. There'd be no point in the mass Tsukuyomi.
    Last edited by ninjabot; October 30, 2012 at 01:01 PM.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sanga Au79's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Moons Eye Plan is essentially the Matrix

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Peace is more of an illusion than reality. Let's face it, humans are not even at peace with themselves let alone with others who clash with their school of thoughts. Madara's moon eye plan is more of a paradox of the whole illusion statement. Only that he is giving them true peace with the irony of it being an illusion. That's the best way I can put it.

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

@ninjabot I can so see Sakura taking this 100 mini Sasuke deal in a heart beat. lol

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    Peace is more of an illusion than reality. Let's face it, humans are not even at peace with themselves let alone with others who clash with their school of thoughts. Madara's moon eye plan is more of a paradox of the whole illusion statement. Only that he is giving them true peace with the irony of it being an illusion. That's the best way I can put it.

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

@ninjabot I can so see Sakura taking this 100 mini Sasuke deal in a heart beat. lol
    That is a very good way of putting it
    Meh

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    Peace is more of an illusion than reality. Only that he is giving them true peace with the irony of it being an illusion.
    well, Gaara and the other kages already give this reply to Tobi

I think there is more to Madara's (not Tobi) plan here

will be interesting to find out more about the scroll and Uchiha tablet

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_ibrani View Post
    well, Gaara and the other kages already give this reply to Tobi

I think there is more to Madara's (not Tobi) plan here

will be interesting to find out more about the scroll and Uchiha tablet
    Gaara and the other kages are rather full of themselves. The ideals they have adopted now are nothing but a mode of convenience. If they ever believed in the reality of peace, then all these nations never would've waged war on each other to destroy it to begin with. They are making a mockery of the reality of peace themselves, in fact, they represent it.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast