Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 128

Thread: Jammin's Mancave

  1. #61
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jammin's Mancave

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I'm not a spammer, I'm a one-liner poster
    Or two-lines. I can see that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    By the way Jammin, I'd like to make personal request to review Beelzebub. You don't have to review it chapter per chapter, just try to review on arc per arc basis. I'm hoping you seriously consider about this request
    Don't forget the bribe.

  2. #62
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boneyard
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    10,579
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jammin's Mancave

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    If I had an 360, but sadly I do not. I'm a PS3 user.
    haha if you had one, what X360 would you play?

    Quote Quote:
    It usually takes me anywhere from an 45 minutes to an hour and half.

    It's a process I've really come to enjoy. Sitting down reading the chapter again and then write everything up; which really makes you think a lot more deeply about what you're reading. Then go through a second time looking for panels I can use for fun captions. Come up with a poll question. Then proof read. Post it. And proof read again.
    oh nice, faster than me as it take me ~3h but yeah the process is enjoyable.
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_61.gif border=0 alt= />

  3. #63
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,085
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jammin's Mancave

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    By the way Jammin, I'd like to make personal request to review Beelzebub. You don't have to review it chapter per chapter, just try to review on arc per arc basis. I'm hoping you seriously consider about this request
    I'll consider it.

    The main barrier to doing arc reviews is figuring out a way to do them without turning the product into a massive unreadable research paper but I'll think on it.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #64
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boneyard
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    10,579
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jammin's Mancave

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Nah, there is no competition amongst reviews we are a fellowship; united in the common goal of writing practice.

    The term "brace yourself" confused him, I think.
    yeah he totally got it wrong. That was for Doraku, that was a way to say Sera fanboyims will comeback soon

    ---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I'll consider it.

    The main barrier to doing arc reviews is figuring out a way to do them without turning the product into a massive unreadable research paper but I'll think on it.
    i think arc review is a wonderful idea that need to be explored. But the question is you gonna make it for the people who didn't read the arc yet or those who already read it? in the second case yeah it's gonna be a long ass thing.
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_61.gif border=0 alt= />

  6. #65
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,085
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jammin's Mancave

    Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    haha if you had one, what X360 would you play?
    Probably the Fable game I never got the chance to play.

    My PC is actually the most powerful video-gaming platform I have available to me and a lot of the Xbox360 exclusives get released there. So I tend to get access to most games. If Xbox360 was my only platform though, I'd probably be playing Borderlands 2. I'm pretty obsessed with it right now. It's FPS Diablo with dialogue as good as Portal 2.

    ---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    i think arc review is a wonderful idea that need to be explored. But the question is you gonna make it for the people who didn't read the arc yet or those who already read it? in the second case yeah it's gonna be a long ass thing.
    Yeah I'd have to make for people who already read the arc, which is what I normally do anyway, it would be absolutely gargantuan otherwise.

    I'm thinking I'd just have break everything down into more sections so I can cover more. Like....

    The Plot
    The Themes
    The Characters
    The Art
    and then do an Overall Rating.

    But I'll have to put some more thought into what those categories should be, so that I can give the clearest picture of what I think of it.
    Last edited by Jammin; October 25, 2012 at 08:11 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

  7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  8. #66
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jammin's Mancave

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I just want to see Furuichi's dream of dating a hot girl turn against him with hilarious results. Dating the head of a all girl street gang qualities perfectly.
    Why not Lamia? D:
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  9. #67
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,085
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jammin's Mancave

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Why not Lamia? D:
    Because there is nothing to really take seriously there. It's all a "misunderstanding" (she looks like she's about 12). With Nene you can expose him to entirely new forms of torture and at the same time build up a legitimate relationship.

    They could even do some MirokuXSango-ish stuff; and by that I mean have her react violently to his attempts at womanizing. I'd love that.
    Last edited by Jammin; October 26, 2012 at 07:52 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #68
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,766
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jammin's Mancave

    Check this out...

    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...nd-useful-info

    That post says that you can do volume/tankoubon reviews...but it can be edited to include arc reviews as well...or do you guys think such arc reviews should be posted to the section of the particular series?

  12. #69
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jammin's Mancave

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Because there is nothing to really take seriously there. It's all a "misunderstanding" (she's looks like she's about 12). With Nene you can expose him to entirely new forms of torture and at the same time build up a legitimate relationship.

    They could even do some MirokuXSango-ish stuff; and by that I mean have her react violently to his attempts at womanizing. I'd love that.
    Dunno, like with Aoi-Oga-Hilda, there's a lot of hint that can go either way for Nene-Furuichi-Lamia. Hell, I think we might see a timeskip.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  13. #70
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,085
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jammin's Mancave

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Dunno, like with Aoi-Oga-Hilda, there's a lot of hint that can go either way for Nene-Furuichi-Lamia. Hell, I think we might see a timeskip.
    I also think that a time skip may be in the works. I'm not sure how far down the road it will be but the amount of characters that are super young (Beel, Futaba, etc) makes me think that eventually Beelzebub is going to build to something and then move to the next generation.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

  14. #71
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,690
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jammin's Mancave

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Tower of God deserves to be more popular everywhere.

    It always annoys me a little when I see series go to "shades of grey" morality and then make everybody the same shade, like Naruto does. If you do that what was the point? With Tower of God they are so many individuals, for better and worse. Androssi's gentle cruelty. Anak's simple forcefulness. Rak...being Rak.
    Agreed, though it's pretty popular over at batoto and korea. Not that I would mind for it to get even more but we're far from the level batoto has so I would be very happy if it gets more popular over here~

    The characters probably are one of the strongest points of ToG, without a doubt you know that my favourites differ to yours but the series has such a strong cast that it's hard to dislike someone (with the exception of Parakewl maybe ).

    I wonder, would you rate the series higher than "The Breaker: New Waves"? I remember we had a little argument a while back and you appear to be one of the people who still rate the series pretty high.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Perfectly understandable, she is "normal" compared to everyone else there is no doubt about that.

    The best explanation of why I like her so much would be that she's so far away from the world she's become accustomed to and so different from the person she once was. She's really carved out an entirely new life. That evolution of her character is the kind of thing I just eat up.

    I hate her bob haircut though. Symoblic statements be damned! Long hair FTW!!!
    Well it's not just that she's normal but that she seems to lack any motivation/desire and is merely pushed forward by others - what I would describe as a lack of personality. Like I said it did get better but I feel it's still the same, more or less.

    And I totally agree about her haircut, looks horrible in my opinion

  15. #72
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,085
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jammin's Mancave

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Agreed, though it's pretty popular over at batoto and korea. Not that I would mind for it to get even more but we're far from the level batoto has so I would be very happy if it gets more popular over here~

    The characters probably are one of the strongest points of ToG, without a doubt you know that my favourites differ to yours but the series has such a strong cast that it's hard to dislike someone (with the exception of Parakewl maybe ).
    Tower of God's cast of character is like a candy store. People might not necessarily love the same candies but almost everybody can find something to enjoy. Unless you don't like candy in general.

    (which would make both me and Willie Wonka sad)

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I wonder, would you rate the series higher than "The Breaker: New Waves"? I remember we had a little argument a while back and you appear to be one of the people who still rate the series pretty high.
    I think right now you got to give it to Tower of God but there is no shame in that loss for The Breaker: New Waves. It's like saying "I'm not as handsome as Brad Pitt".

    That being said neither story is perfect and each have had things to overcome. For example..

    Spoiler: For Tower of God show


    Spoiler: For the Breaker: New Waves show


    Both series have now fixed those issues and are both moving forward strongly. So I could easily imagine a scenario where The Breaker: New Waves would eclipse Tower of God; because both are great series with the potential to become even better.

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Well it's not just that she's normal but that she seems to lack any motivation/desire and is merely pushed forward by others - what I would describe as a lack of personality. Like I said it did get better but I feel it's still the same, more or less.

    And I totally agree about her haircut, looks horrible in my opinion
    I can understand that.

    ---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Check this out...

    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...nd-useful-info

    That post says that you can do volume/tankoubon reviews...but it can be edited to include arc reviews as well...or do you guys think such arc reviews should be posted to the section of the particular series?
    I'm thinking I'll post it in the Beelzebub section, if and when I do it. That seems like the most efficient place to put it.

    I'm starting to get a better idea of how I'll do it too. I think I'll break it down.
    • Plot
      What I think of the story of the arc
    • Art
      My thoughts on the art during the arc
    • Characterization
      Talk about how the arc effected the characters. Who stood out. Etc..
    • Ramifications
      Talk about how the arc effects the series.
    • Overall
      Boil it all down to couple of sentences and slap a number on it.

    How's that sound?
    Last edited by Jammin; October 26, 2012 at 04:47 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #73
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jammin's Mancave

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I also think that a time skip may be in the works. I'm not sure how far down the road it will be but the amount of characters that are super young (Beel, Futaba, etc) makes me think that eventually Beelzebub is going to build to something and then move to the next generation.
    Could be about ten to fifteen years down the line. you think we'll see a more mature Oga and Hidetora?
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  18. #74
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,085
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jammin's Mancave

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Could be about ten to fifteen years down the line. you think we'll see a more mature Oga and Hidetora?
    10 years would be my guess.

    I'm thinking Ryūhei has it set up, with the array of younger characters, so when Oga's plot-line nears it's natural conclusion he can switch focus onto a Beel. Oga and somebody as parents and fill in the rest of the people in Beel's life (teachers, friends parents, etc..) with members of the old cast. But, of course, I wouldn't expect this to happen for quite some time yet.

    But the first warning sign of it would Oga's love triangle getting settled.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

  19. #75
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boneyard
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    10,579
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jammin's Mancave

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Probably the Fable game I never got the chance to play.

    My PC is actually the most powerful video-gaming platform I have available to me and a lot of the Xbox360 exclusives get released there. So I tend to get access to most games. If Xbox360 was my only platform though, I'd probably be playing Borderlands 2. I'm pretty obsessed with it right now. It's FPS Diablo with dialogue as good as Portal 2.

    ---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

    Yeah I'd have to make for people who already read the arc, which is what I normally do anyway, it would be absolutely gargantuan otherwise.

    I'm thinking I'd just have break everything down into more sections so I can cover more. Like....

    The Plot
    The Themes
    The Characters
    The Art
    and then do an Overall Rating.

    But I'll have to put some more thought into what those categories should be, so that I can give the clearest picture of what I think of it.
    oh i thought the fables were released on PC. but yeah they're good. No gears of war and Halo in your list? for portal 2, i nailed it but didn't find it super.

    that's a nice template. maybe you should add a category Analyze or something like that. where you write your theories and point important stuff

    ---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

    Spoiler: the breaker show
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_61.gif border=0 alt= />

New Reply
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts