Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shanks

53 91.38%
  • Kizaru

5 8.62%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First Round 17. (Shanks vs Kizaru)

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

First Round 17. (Shanks vs Kizaru)

First Round 17.

Shanks

VS.

Kizaru

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hossice's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Round 17. (Shanks vs Kizaru)

uhhhh uhhhhh I don't know. I know shanks is a power house, but we've seen a lot more from kizaru and he's gone up against whitebeard and it was shown a lot more in the manga
    twitter.com/mahossice - follow back!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally a decent match up instead of super stomps. We've seen more from Kizaru but I think we've seen enough from Shanks. He clashed with Whitebeard, his swordsmanship is on par with Mihawk, and he blocked a punch from Akainu. I'm pretty sure we have enough to go on.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Even with one arm, Shanks is a beast! His appearance after WBs death was badass and even the marine didnt want to fight with a second Yonko. I am sure that Kizaru has one of the strongest DF abilities shown so far.. But it is still not enough to defeat a Yonko alone.

But what we have seen from Kizaru so far was, owning four supernovas and fighting with Marco. If u believe what some people here say, the Supernovas are too weak to consider this as a real fight.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure about this one. Shanks has massive reputation, and a few moments of power. We've seen Kizaru in action a lot more, and we've seen that he's obviously dangerous. At the moment, I'm unconvinced either way. We haven't seen either get serious in battle for more than a second.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

That's really a tough one. Shanks is obviously a powerhouse even though he lost his main hand he used to fight. Before he managed to get on par with Mihawk to some extent in terms of swordsmanship. Though now it seems that he is not at that level as he was when he still had his left hand. Even though it seems that his Haki grows stronger and stronger. He seems to be among the best Haki users in the manga, so it might compensate his loss of a hand, but anyways the problem is his opponent who isn't a small fry.
    For now this fight might be the most interesting and the closest one in this Tournament.
    Kizaru is obviously a damn powerhouse as well. He was shown to be among the strongest Marines. He was shown to have Haki and be quite a professional in it as he was fighting quite comfortably against Rayleigh who seems to be among the best Haki users so far and also among the strongest swordsmen. He has one of the strongest DF's in entire manga. It has an enormous destructive power on par with Enel's DF and has even greater speed than Enel's, thus Kizaru seems to be the fastest guy in the manga for now. I do believe he was stronger than Ao Kiji and maybe on par or even stronger than Akainu. The thing why he didn't become Fleet Admiral, it's because he didn't want to be one. It even seems to be a bother for him to be an Admiral. He was never shown to be serious. Neither during his fight against Rayleigh, nor during his presense in the War. I believe his actual fit that might give him some edge in this fight might be his enormous speed. Especially since Shanks doesn't have a hand and thus it limits his ability to block attacks from different directions. Also we shall not forget that Kizaru seems to be a swordsman as well as he fought Rayleigh with a swords made from light derived from his DF.

Still, it's really difficult for me to decide this fight, so I'll wait for more opinions.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Though now it seems that he is not at that level as he was when he still had his left hand.
    It was mentioned in a data book that losing his arm didn't weaken him any.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, overall it didn't make him weaker as he increased his level of Haki, but as a swordsman he surely got weaker.
    It was stated by Mihawk that now he isn't anymore interested in fighting him due to his injury.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't know if he increased his haki or how much of his swordsmanship was affected by losing an arm. Mihawk may have lost interest in him, but that doesn't mean he doesn't respect his skill anymore.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! What a match!..
    Hmm, I'd say Kizaru wins on the speed of himself and his DF. Yes, Shanks may have strong Haki and be on WB and Admiral level but kizaru and him are equally strong IMO.
    I think Kizaru would be able to get more hits on Shanks and because it's his DF that makes him fast, I think Kizaru could keep fighting and "teleporting" around 'till Shanks is exausted. Of course that is just my opinion, I can't really remember Kizaru's fights, I probably needs to read up on him before my final vote
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I will say Shanks. Rayleigh put a decent fight with Kizaru and ended alive and Kizaru is a lazy bastard. Probably would retire after seeing him :P
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say Shanks wins. Whitebeard (a Yonkou) gave Akainu quite the beating. And while Shanks isn't Whitebeard, he's still a Yonkou who was ready to take on the Marines and Blackbeard at the end of the War. I don't think he was bluffing about having the strength to "fight anyone who still wanted to fight."

I think Kizaru would be an even match for one of Shanks' crew members, but probably not Shanks himself.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Kizaru is my favorite from the Admirals and so is Shanks. both of them are quit strong. i am not sure who will win. but i will be voting for one only. too bad.....
    Naruto Forever

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll go with Shanks. He's calm, strong and has a great haki level. It can rivalize with Newgate, one who can stop a ship by his arm. While Kizaru's greatness can't be forgotten but still think the one standing will be Shanks. Also he start to shiver when saw Ben Beckman.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't compare with WB. He was the strongest man back in his... living days. Even before his death, there was no single person that could hope to take him on 1on1 and expect to win. But he did not aim to be PK or anything power-related, he just wanted to have his family.
    In a serious fight between Shanks and WB, Shanks would be stomped flat. So would be Kizaru.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast