Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 113

Thread: Unohana's role in current arc

  1. #46
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Alternate Reality
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan4 View Post
    She is a "medic." Medics provide emergency medical care under battlefield conditions.
    so you are saying that during a battle healer provide healing in mid of two parties cross firing at each other ? did you not read my comment...place to provide medical treatment in any war is medic camp...not in the middle of a battlefield...the soldiers who are injured on the battlefield are taken back to medic camps...even if they are treated on the battlefield the healers need to have a clear ground to work on healing...
    Quote Quote:
    That's what the 4th division is trained to do. She is trained to provide treatment in the absence of hospitals or equipment, as shown when she restored Ichigo's reiatsu as they were traveling from Hueco Mundo to Karakura town,
    when did i say that she needs equipments and stuff...lol did you even understood what i was saying ? do you not understand the meaning of medic camp ?
    Quote Quote:
    and as she treated the injured captains and Hiyori after their fight against Aizen.
    you used the word "after" yourself...pretty much making the same point i did...
    Quote Quote:
    As for "why will kubo focus on unohana healing some random people when there is lot more interesting stuff to show,"

    for the several panels Kubo decided to show Unohana during the battle, Unohana is shown just standing by. There is no indication that there are patients being treated or that Kotetsu and Unohana, herself, is participating in the process.
    When you form the argument that "she COULD be treating someone, we just don't get to see it," that is a baseless argument. What we ARE shown is that Unohana is not doing anything. That is what bugs me.
    yes he showed her face for several panels...so did he showd many other peoples faces...did you get to see what each of them was doing ? they were fighting of course (hope you would agree on that and wont say no they are not fighting and are useless) ... same was for unohana...now unless you are saying that all of the people whose faces were shown in panels are not fightting i would agree that unohana is not healing....

    just dont come up with baeless arguments just for the sake of arguing man...it was pretty boring to even reply to your post...

  2. #47
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    so you are saying that during a battle healer provide healing in mid of two parties cross firing at each other ? did you not read my comment...place to provide medical treatment in any war is medic camp...not in the middle of a battlefield...the soldiers who are injured on the battlefield are taken back to medic camps...even if they are treated on the battlefield the healers need to have a clear ground to work on healing...
    when did i say that she needs equipments and stuff...lol did you even understood what i was saying ? do you not understand the meaning of medic camp ?
    you used the word "after" yourself...pretty much making the same point i did...
    yes he showed her face for several panels...so did he showd many other peoples faces...did you get to see what each of them was doing ? they were fighting of course (hope you would agree on that and wont say no they are not fighting and are useless) ... same was for unohana...now unless you are saying that all of the people whose faces were shown in panels are not fightting i would agree that unohana is not healing....

    just dont come up with baeless arguments just for the sake of arguing man...it was pretty boring to even reply to your post...
    1. If you pay attention to the manga, there are injured soldiers (renji, rukia, byakuya, and such) that are not in battle right now. If they are under cross fire, ichigo would not be able to have a conversation with byakuya without interruption. You should be able to see that such individuals should be able to be transported to medic camps or whatever. Yet Unohana is not doing anything.

    2. It was implied when you mentioned patients needing to be transported to medic camps for treatment that the medic camps provide the essentials in providing treatment. And what are the benefits offered by medic camps beside a location separate from the battlefield? Equipment and supplies. If you can pay enough attention, I have made it clear that treating rukia, renji, and byakuya in their respective positions should not be a problem as there does not seem to be any enemies in the vicinity. I brought into consideration another aspect of the medic camps that you may be referring to and addressed that in my second point. You obviously did not understand that.

    3.yes, i said "after." when the captains were not fighting aizen. And who else is not fighting and are not confronted by enemies? Those three individuals that I mentioned, and one of them is a captain, one of the main power forces in the 13 divisions. And what exactly is stopping Unohana or any of her subordinates from helping out?

    4. And if you pay attention to what Unohana was doing, shes in some vague room. Based on the presence of flowers, bright, clean walls, I would assume that it is the medical building. But what is she doing? She's just standing there. There is no indication that she is fighting. Nor is there any indication that she is injured or fighting like the other captains. There is no indication that the building itself is under attack. What can be drawn from these observations? Unohana is doing NOTHING.

    So do not accuse me of baseless accusations. It seems that you are incapable of observing details and comprehending words, because you certainly show no sign or indication that you are capable of such tasks. Most of your arguments are based on assumptions that are not drawn from the manga itself. They are just random assumptions. I support myself with observations made directly from the manga. So please, proof read what you write.

  3. #48
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    lol. Dex, your the man. lol.


    Dude, your this pissed off about Byakuya being dead?. lol. I was more pissed about the 3 Sternritters still being alive, after Yamamoto supposedly burned them to a crispy-crisp.

    Yeah, Unohana is suppose to say, "

    Unohana: uhm, excuse me As Nodt, but could i possibly heal Byakuya real quick, so that he can continue fighting, please?.

    As Nodt:...errgghh. go ahead. hurry up, dammit.
    As Nodt: there is much fear in this one and I want to crush that fear quickly.

    (...Unohana waves her hands around Byakuya...)

    Unohana:...relax, Little Byakuya, you'll be fine in no time.

    Byakuya:...my pride...will not allow...this.

    (...Unohana forces him down...)

    Byakuya:..aggh!!.

    Unohana:..i was sent her by email from a person calling himself "SuperSaiyan4". He's requested I not stand in my barracks and merely watch the battle from afar, but to...
    Unohana:...heal you.

    Byakuya:...who...!!?.


    END.

  4. #49
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Markus View Post
    lol. Dex, your the man. lol.


    Dude, your this pissed off about Byakuya being dead?. lol. I was more pissed about the 3 Sternritters still being alive, after Yamamoto supposedly burned them to a crispy-crisp.

    Yeah, Unohana is suppose to say, "

    Unohana: uhm, excuse me As Nodt, but could i possibly heal Byakuya real quick, so that he can continue fighting, please?.

    As Nodt:...errgghh. go ahead. hurry up, dammit.
    As Nodt: there is much fear in this one and I want to crush that fear quickly.

    (...Unohana waves her hands around Byakuya...)

    Unohana:...relax, Little Byakuya, you'll be fine in no time.

    Byakuya:...my pride...will not allow...this.

    (...Unohana forces him down...)

    Byakuya:..aggh!!.

    Unohana:..i was sent her by email from a person calling himself "SuperSaiyan4". He's requested I not stand in my barracks and merely watch the battle from afar, but to...
    Unohana:...heal you.

    Byakuya:...who...!!?.


    END.
    Clearly you're trolling . I should commend you for possessing enough wit to generate a dialogue worthy of being in a Michael Bay flick. Anyways, i'd still be having the same reaction if it were any other captain besides kuchiki.
    besides, byakuya was shown to be left alone for quite awhile now. I am not saying Unohana should heal those during a fight. I am saying she should help those that are left injured when their fight is over.

  5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #50
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Regret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Of course Byakuya has been shown to be left alone for a while. From what was shown the last chapter it's clear that the foot soldiers are targeting any shinigami that is still standing not the ones already dying. Any one helping a fallen shinigami is probably still a fair target. Clearly no one on the battlefield that is healthy is getting much of a break. As far as we know every captain right now is fighting off the hundreds of quincy soldiers that have been summoned.

    Just because Ichigo is too fast for the sternritter to follow doesn't mean Unohana could move about freely. The masked wrestler appeared out of no where to interrupt Renji's fight so they don't have any problem spotting shinigami on the battlefield. Considering how much they love stealing bankai I'm sure they'd love to engage Unohana if they could find her.

    We also really don't know who was with Unohana. It could very well be that she's the only captain watching over a safe house. For all they know if she left for the battlefield then the squad four barracks might have been blown up like the squad one barracks was after Yama left. Then all the medics might be wiped out which would be a major loss. If there are more medics than injured with her then she might as well keep watch and be ready to act fast after the sternritter have left.
    Last edited by Regret; October 30, 2012 at 12:46 AM.

    O fragments of light, strike down mine enemy!

  7. #51
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Quote Originally Posted by Regret View Post
    Of course Byakuya has been shown to be left alone for a while. From what was shown the last chapter it's clear that the foot soldiers are targeting any shinigami that is still standing not the ones already dying. Any one helping a fallen shinigami is probably still a fair target. As far as we know every captain right now is fighting off the hundreds of quincy soldiers that have been summoned.

    Just because Ichigo is too fast for the sternritter to follow doesn't mean Unohana could move about freely. The masked wrestler appeared out of no where to interrupt Renji's fight so they don't have any problem spotting shinigami on the battlefield. Considering how much they love stealing bankai I'm sure they'd love to engage Unohana if they could find her.

    We also really don't know who was with Unohana. It could very well be that she's the only captain watching over a safe house. For all they know if she left for the battlefield then the squad four barracks might have been blown up like the squad one barracks was and with it all the medics might have been wiped out. If there are more medics than injured with her then she might as well keep watch and be ready to act fast after the sternritter have left.
    1. Go to http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c499/5.html. There are about 16 or so individuals that first invaded Soul Society. The foot soldiers have appeared only during the last chapter. Nodt left Byakuya already before Yamamoto began engaging the fake Bach. Moreover, by the time the captains first began engaging the Sternritters, everyone had been matched with their opponents. 3 got taken out by Kenpachi, 5 got taken out by Yamaji. There weren't an overwhelming number of Quincy roaming in Soul Society. Based on the numbers, it is fair to say that Unohana had a significant time window for her to retrieve the injured without the risk of getting ambushed.

    2. The masked wrestler appearing to meet Renji. This point is irrelevant. There is only a limited number of Quincy soldiers present and the fact that they are not around the injured individuals suggest that they are engaged in another combat or task in another location, perhaps to get rid of captain-level individuals and pave the way for the lower-class soldiers to come and finish the job (as shown by what Shinsui's opponent did 2 chapters ago). There is no indication that there are soldiers just hiding to ambush any healer that may come near the injured. They are far occupied with other matters under the current situation.

    3. Your 3rd point is making the assumption that Unohana's presence is the only deterrent that is preventing the attack on the medical building. Is there any evidence that strongly suggests that as accurate? How is the presence of one captain discouraging the sternritter from attacking the 4th division? Is there any guarantee that Unohana's absence would immediately lead to the destruction of the medic unit? Based on the behavior of the Sternritter so far, they are overconfident to a fault (as seen by Kenpachi's opponents). Whether or not Unohana is indeed powerful enough to stand up to them, there is no evidence suggesting that the Sternritter would hesitate to attack her station. Moreover, they have been ordered to exterminate any Shinigami they have come across and they are too loyal to Bach to avoid attacking the 4th division. Yet, as seen in (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c507/7.html), there is no sign of battle in the vicinity of the 4th division barracks. What is the logical explanation? There are no available/unoccupied Sternritters in the vicinity. Their numbers are limited and they are currently performing other tasks. It is only a matter of time before the medical building or safe house is attacked (as shown by how swiftly the lower-class soldiers swept through Soul Society after Yamaji's death). Moreover, the survival of the captains is most crucial if they are to win this war, as they carry the primary firepower.
    Yet, Unohana is just "standing by."

    If, as you say, she is just standing by to protect a safehouse, then it is an unwise decision, as she would be focusing her energy to guarantee the safety of low class soldiers as opposed to devoting her efforts onto Soul Society's best chance of winning this war: the captains, and potentially their VCs.

    Even if Unohana is standing by for the very reason you stated (which I believe is inaccurate for the reasons I have stated), then she still isn't playing any role that is helpful in the Shinigami's war against the Quincy. It still does not change the fact that she's not doing anything of immediate value.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #52
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Alternate Reality
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    @SuperSaiyan ...you are not worth arguing

    when ichigo arrives in SS it was already destroyed...that time everyone was left alone coz SS lost...guess for some people anime is the only solution to understand the story where they explainj everything in detail... that is why some people hate bleach coz they dont understand stuff like symbolism...lol nevermind

    @Saint Markus LOL nice one

  10. #53
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,898
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan4 View Post
    1. If they are under cross fire, ichigo would not be able to have a conversation with byakuya without interruption. You should be able to see that such individuals should be able to be transported to medic camps or whatever. Yet Unohana is not doing anything.

    2. If you can pay enough attention, I have made it clear that treating rukia, renji, and byakuya in their respective positions should not be a problem as there does not seem to be any enemies in the vicinity. ... You obviously did not understand that.

    3. And what exactly is stopping Unohana or any of her subordinates from helping out?

    4. And if you pay attention to what Unohana was doing, shes in some vague room. Based on the presence of flowers, bright, clean walls, I would assume that it is the medical building. But what is she doing? She's just standing there. There is no indication that she is fighting. Nor is there any indication that she is injured or fighting like the other captains. There is no indication that the building itself is under attack. What can be drawn from these observations? Unohana is doing NOTHING.

    So do not accuse me of baseless accusations. It seems that you are incapable of observing details and comprehending words, because you certainly show no sign or indication that you are capable of such tasks.

    Most of your arguments are based on assumptions that are not drawn from the manga itself. They are just random assumptions. I support myself with observations made directly from the manga. So please, proof read what you write.
    1. This place isn't, but all in between the HQ of Div 4 and Byakuyas place could be full of them. Also Ichigo is super fast, talking one or two sentences isn't much time to react to his reiatsu, but suit yourself.
    2. Repetition of the other points, there was no need to make it so long. But... staying there will awaken the interest of the SR, opening herself to enemy attacks, while no one is capable of defending her. Obviously you didn't understand or want to acknowledge his arguments either.
    3. Sternenritter and Soldaten. SR are strong and more numerous than captains available, while the Soldaten are going around murdering everyone left, while collapsing all of the building. You've seen that there are more than enough enemies to completely wipe out SS, they don't have to appear in every panel to make it a bit too obvious. Just because there no Quincy in immediate proximity of the wounded Shinigami doesn't make them disappear from every other place, giving them a chance to intercept the only good healer in the divisions.
    4. That's what you draw from your "observation", really. For all we know she is administrating the medical efforts of the remnant div 4 members, which have decreased immensely too. It's a crisis, putting more attention on the captain than on 99% of the shinigami, what kind of message would that send to the reader and Ichigo !!?? We haven't learned anything, we haven't changed anything, we are still the same old SS, concentrating on captains only, while the rest can be replaced at any moment. Be fucking sure that she would have done something, if it was as easy as you make out to be.

    bolded part:
    WTF, please STFU instead of demeaning users to idiots!


    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan4 View Post
    you really do need to read carefully.
    1. None of the characters that have died so far are my "favorites."
    2. There are no indications that she is treating ANYONE. YOU are making baseless assumptions here. From what we do see is that Rukia, Renji, and Byakuya, among many others, are left injured and near death, while we are only shown a couple panels showing Kotetsu and Unohana having idle conversation. If I witness any indication that the 4th division is fully occupied with treating the injured, I will concede, but there is NOTHING to indicate that Unohana is doing anything useful. The fact that the main firepower of the 13 divisions comes from the captains and the only picture that we are shown is Unohana standing by while the 13 divisions lose its main fighters, then the only legitimate conclusion that can be drawn is that Unohana is not TREATING ANYONE.
    Did I anywhere mention those to be your favourites?

    Don't turn your assumptions to facts, there is no need to discuss this any further if you turn fantasy to reality at your pleasure. Also, Kubo isn't the type to write out all information for the readers, eleven years into the manga and some readers[here: you] still don't seem to get it.

    edit: imaginary battlefield

    Is it worth the risk to get from Div 4 to B, just for the sake of captain B, or C or D to make it more anonymous.^^ What if risking her bankai to be stolen can be just or nearly as threatening to SS as Shunsuis or Yamamotos?

    ---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan4 View Post
    1. Go to http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c499/5.html3 got taken out by Kenpachi, 5 got taken out by Yamaji. There weren't an overwhelming number of Quincy roaming in Soul Society. Based on the numbers, it is fair to say that Unohana had a significant time window for her to retrieve the injured without the risk of getting ambushed.

    2. There is no indication that there are soldiers just hiding to ambush any healer that may come near the injured. They are far occupied with other matters under the current situation.

    3. Your 3rd point is making the assumption that Unohana's presence is the only deterrent that is preventing the attack on the medical building. Is there any evidence that strongly suggests that as accurate? How is the presence of one captain discouraging the sternritter from attacking the 4th division? Is there any guarantee that Unohana's absence would immediately lead to the destruction of the medic unit? Based on the behavior of the Sternritter so far, they are overconfident to a fault (as seen by Kenpachi's opponents). Whether or not Unohana is indeed powerful enough to stand up to them, there is no evidence suggesting that the Sternritter would hesitate to attack her station. Moreover, they have been ordered to exterminate any Shinigami they have come across and they are too loyal to Bach to avoid attacking the 4th division. Yet, as seen in (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c507/7.html), there is no sign of battle in the vicinity of the 4th division barracks. What is the logical explanation? There are no available/unoccupied Sternritters in the vicinity.

    If, as you say, she is just standing by to protect a safehouse, then it is an unwise decision, as she would be focusing her energy to guarantee the safety of low class soldiers as opposed to devoting her efforts onto Soul Society's best chance of winning this war: the captains, and potentially their VCs.

    Even if Unohana is standing by for the very reason you stated (which I believe is inaccurate for the reasons I have stated), then she still isn't playing any role that is helpful in the Shinigami's war against the Quincy. It still does not change the fact that she's not doing anything of immediate value.
    We've seen that Yamamoto hasn't taken them all out, at least one is still alive. If one SR is enough to stall and match Kyōraku or any other captain except for Kenpachi and Yamamoto, those ten left are still a huge problem for SS or did you miss where they took out a huge percentage of shinigami within a couple minutes?

    We don't know how much time has passed, I doubt you do either, so please don't talk about a significant time window please.

    There is no indication that SR have to pave anything for the Soldaten, so let's put that argument away quickly. So the elite soldiers[not SR] are far to occupied with obliterating the fodder shinigami left? Hadn't read such a bad argument for some time. They run around and kill everything on their way, takng up any hint of reiatsu of non-quincy origin and taking that person out too, which would be Unohana in the case she decides to fly around on a gigantic flying manta.

    They were confident to be strong, which they likely were, just not on the Kenpachi scale as shown. Anybody not confident of their skills should remain far away from the battlefield.

    We don't know why her building is safe, may be a plot hole, maybe it's guarded by kidou spells. Low class or not, this is a different SS; caring for all shinigami, try reading the end of the Fullbring arc gain.

    You don't know if she does or not, for the XX time, that's all your assumption or one or two panels.
    Last edited by Schabrak; October 30, 2012 at 11:44 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  11. #54
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    1. This place isn't, but all in between the HQ of Div 4 and Byakuyas place could be full of them. Also Ichigo is super fast, talking one or two sentences isn't much time to react to his reiatsu, but suit yourself.
    2. Repetition of the other points, there was no need to make it so long. But... staying there will awaken the interest of the SR, opening herself to enemy attacks, while no one is capable of defending her. Obviously you didn't understand or want to acknowledge his arguments either.
    3. Sternenritter and Soldaten. SR are strong and more numerous than captains available, while the Soldaten are going around murdering everyone left, while collapsing all of the building. You've seen that there are more than enough enemies to completely wipe out SS, they don't have to appear in every panel to make it a bit too obvious. Just because there no Quincy in immediate proximity of the wounded Shinigami doesn't make them disappear from every other place, giving them a chance to intercept the only good healer in the divisions.
    4. That's what you draw from your "observation", really. For all we know she is administrating the medical efforts of the remnant div 4 members, which have decreased immensely too. It's a crisis, putting more attention on the captain than on 99% of the shinigami, what kind of message would that send to the reader and Ichigo !!?? We haven't learned anything, we haven't changed anything, we are still the same old SS, concentrating on captains only, while the rest can be replaced at any moment. Be fucking sure that she would have done something, if it was as easy as you make out to be.

    bolded part:
    WTF, please STFU instead of demeaning users to idiots!




    Did I anywhere mention those to be your favourites?

    Don't turn your assumptions to facts, there is no need to discuss this any further if you turn fantasy to reality at your pleasure. Also, Kubo isn't the type to write out all information for the readers, eleven years into the manga and some readers[here: you] still don't seem to get it.

    edit: imaginary battlefield

    Is it worth the risk to get from Div 4 to B, just for the sake of captain B, or C or D to make it more anonymous.^^ What if risking her bankai to be stolen can be just or nearly as threatening to SS as Shunsuis or Yamamotos?

    ---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------


    We've seen that Yamamoto hasn't taken them all out, at least one is still alive. If one SR is enough to stall and match Kyōraku or any other captain except for Kenpachi and Yamamoto, those ten left are still a huge problem for SS or did you miss where they took out a huge percentage of shinigami within a couple minutes?

    We don't know how much time has passed, I doubt you do either, so please don't talk about a significant time window please.

    There is no indication that SR have to pave anything for the Soldaten, so let's put that argument away quickly. So the elite soldiers[not SR] are far to occupied with obliterating the fodder shinigami left? Hadn't read such a bad argument for some time. They run around and kill everything on their way, takng up any hint of reiatsu of non-quincy origin and taking that person out too, which would be Unohana in the case she decides to fly around on a gigantic flying manta.

    They were confident to be strong, which they likely were, just not on the Kenpachi scale as shown. Anybody not confident of their skills should remain far away from the battlefield.

    We don't know why her building is safe, may be a plot hole, maybe it's guarded by kidou spells. Low class or not, this is a different SS; caring for all shinigami, try reading the end of the Fullbring arc gain.

    You don't know if she does or not, for the XX time, that's all your assumption or one or two panels.
    1. I have proven that there are maybe 16 sternritters at first. 8 got taken out by kenpachi and yamaji. 2 (bach and his follower) were occupied with yamaji. Where are the rest? They are fighting the remaining captains as shown by the panels. Until the low-class Quincy arrive after yama's death, there isn't ANY indication that the area is swarming with unoccupied enemies waiting to ambush medics. There should have been an opening to allow retrieving the injured. Your assumption is not supported by the source material.

    2. The sternritters are loyal and proud to a fault and will follow Bach's orders instead of abandoning their current tasks (engaging the captains) to finish off strays.The fact that they have not attacked the 4th barracks suggests that they are preoccupied with other tasks. There is no indication, whatsoever that Unohana will get attacked if she chose to approach Byakuya.

    3. The soldaten appearing is irrelevant, as I am discussing the opportunity Unohana had to achieve this task before yamaji was killed.

    4. "For all we know she is administrating the medical efforts of the remnant div 4 members, which have decreased immensely too." This is a baseless assumption. We have not been given any panel or dialogue that suggests that this is happening. And of course putting the captains forth should be the priority. Who are the only people capable of protecting those 99% of the shinigami? It's the captains. When they are wiped out, is there any chance of survival for the rest of soul society? Besides, there are other medics besides Unohana that can tend to the wounded. However, it is strongly suggested in the past that Unohana is the only one capable of healing severe injuries as those inflicted on Byakuya. So if she is refusing to budge from her building for the reason that you are "assuming," then her priorities are flawed.

    5. You said in the previous post "There is no good reason for her to abadon all those in need for one or two fan favorites." I am just making a statement that the fact that it was Byakuya that suffered for unohana's lack of action is not making me biased. I am trying to use logic and observation.

    6. Your very map is the epitome of baseless assumptions. I have already put forth facts and reasoning from the manga, itself, that strongly suggest that Unohana would not be ambushed for approaching Byakuya. And the bankai cannot be stolen unless she chose to use it, so that risk is irrelevant.

    7. There are less than 10 sternritters left because 3(fake Bach, Bach, as the skinny dude) near yamaji at his death. Yamaji took out 4 before fighting against Bach. Kenpachi took out 3. The rest are engaged in combat with the remaining captains, as shown by the quick panels showing the captains and VC's reaction shots.

    8. Regardless of how fast the fight between yamaji and fake Bach was, there was still a time window since the injured (Byakuya and the others) were left alone. Should this not have at least prompted the captain of the medical squad to take some form of action? Yet the only panel of unohana we are shown is of her having some idle conversation. There is no dialogue or panel showing that the 4th barracks is preoccupied already with treating the injured. Nor is there any sign that Unohana, herself, is getting involved in the treatments. So what exactly is she doing here?

    9. It is strongly suggested that the Sternritters were to pave the way for the soldaten, because the soldaten were not ordered/summoned until soul society's leader was obliterated. The sternritters spent all their time engaging/taking out soul society's main firepower: the captains. The soldaten were ordered to clean up the remainder. There is nothing bad about this argument. And this was still time between when Byakuya was left alone and when the soldaten arrived. Unohana did not have to be concerned with those guys when Byakuya was first able to be retrieved.

    10. You suggesting that there is kido of some sort protecting the 4th barracks is the very example of a baseless assumption. Even if there was, how would that stop the sternritters. When you look at the panel where Akon first let ichigo into soul society, you can see a barrier surrounding that particular area. You can also see that it was broken. Yet, there is no sign of battle or disturbance in the immediate vicinity of the 4th barracks. Based on the behavior of the sternritters so far, the only logical conclusion we CAN make is that the sternritters have not decided to attack the 4th barracks yet. And what could possibly make them do that? Bach had clearly ordered them to destroy all shinigami they encounter, and the sternritters undying loyalty eliminate the possibility that they refused to follow that order. From what we saw so far, we can only conclude that there were no available men to do so.

    11.unohana prioritizing caring for the low class shinigami? From what we are shown, she is not caring for ANYONE. And as Byakuya pointed out as he died, the captains' job is to take care of the subordinates, but who can take care of the subordinates if the captains died off first?

    So it seems that majority of your argument Is based on assumptions with no actual facts from the manga, itself. I have quoted and cited facts from the manga to support my hypothesis.

    But let's say I'm wrong and Unohana staying at the 4th barracks is somehow justified. But from what we see in the manga, can we say that Unohana is doing ANYTHING to help out? You saying that she COULD be doing this or doing that, that is a baseless assumption.

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #55
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Unohana: My bankai can revive 10 quintillion people at once so there's no need for me to do anything right now...

  14. #56
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,460
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Well I found it a bit retarded to let Byakuya in such a state, reminded of Renji when he took Senbonzakura's Bankai but got healed by Unohana afterwards, I think she could've at least healed him... Oh well

  15. #57
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Well I found it a bit retarded to let Byakuya in such a state, reminded of Renji when he took Senbonzakura's Bankai but got healed by Unohana afterwards, I think she could've at least healed him... Oh well
    Renji wasn't even healed by unohana, I can't recall if it was hanatarou or some other random dude. Byakuya could have definitely been saved if he had gotten treatment. I think byakuya will be revived and brainwashed by the stern rittern though.

  16. #58
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    892
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Renji wasn't even healed by unohana, I can't recall if it was hanatarou or some other random dude. Byakuya could have definitely been saved if he had gotten treatment. I think byakuya will be revived and brainwashed by the stern rittern though.
    Interesting theory. Juha seems to be collection people but was Byakuya a war potential?
    Could the Sage of Six Paths be named Sanada Yukimura?

  17. #59
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    Interesting theory. Juha seems to be collection people but was Byakuya a war potential?
    He doesn't need to be a war potential for juha to be interested. He took harribel and so far it would make too much sense for him to brainwash her too and so far it seems he also brainwashed ivan and that other arrancar. Byakuya is a captain level shinigami to begin with, I would think he would be about as useful to him as would be harribel. Its all a matter of taking the body.

  18. #60
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    He doesn't need to be a war potential for juha to be interested. He took harribel and so far it would make too much sense for him to brainwash her too and so far it seems he also brainwashed ivan and that other arrancar. Byakuya is a captain level shinigami to begin with, I would think he would be about as useful to him as would be harribel. Its all a matter of taking the body.
    Probably less useful in theory. Byakuya no longer has a Bankai because his stolen, so they would turn him into a zombie that's only able to use his Shikai. I don't think there any powers that the Quincy's can steal from Harribel, so she would probably retain all of her original strength.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts