Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 113

Thread: Unohana's role in current arc

  1. #61
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York, NY
    Country
    Barbados
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Quote Originally Posted by River_Capulet View Post
    Unohana: My bankai can revive 10 quintillion people at once so there's no need for me to do anything right now...
    Gedō: Rinne Tensei no Jutsu!

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Renji wasn't even healed by unohana, I can't recall if it was hanatarou or some other random dude. Byakuya could have definitely been saved if he had gotten treatment. I think byakuya will be revived and brainwashed by the stern rittern though.
    Kuchiyose: Edo Tensei!

    I do agree with the thread though and that Unohana should be doing more. If not her then at least send out send out Isane to the captains in critical condition. I mean the Captains and the VCs are the main powerhouses of the Gotei 13. I'll even take Hanataro but he's probably ready out in the field. And if Byakuya is dead (probably is but i have to hope otherwise) I'd rather As Nodt survive attacking Yama-ji. That way we can see some revenge/growth for Renji (finally surpasses Byakuya) and possibly Rukia (avenges big brother).

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #62
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    19,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Why would anyone else make a difference though? I mean, if the warzone is too dangerous for unohana to heal anyone then it is also for anyone else to do so. More so, the actual number of shinigami killed the last time they reported was not even over the 1000s but rather well over the 2200. Assuming the 4th squad was not dead by then they cannot heal dead people. There is the consideration that soldat could have taken them out leaving only unohana and a few seated officers at most.

    ---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    Probably less useful in theory. Byakuya no longer has a Bankai because his stolen, so they would turn him into a zombie that's only able to use his Shikai. I don't think there any powers that the Quincy's can steal from Harribel, so she would probably retain all of her original strength.
    Why would vandereich stealing byakuya's bankai be an issue if the one who stole byakuya's bankai was vandereich? Couldn't they just give him the medal? Looking back the arrancar guys were not given their zampakutp but rather they were given quincy crosses. For all we know byakuya could be given actual quincy training if he is brainwashed. Even then, as a plot point byakuya could still work with merely the holy arrow depending on who his enemy is. With harribel the situation is likely to be similar.

  4. #63
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    I'm stupid they could just give him back the medal. Right. However, why would they even consider turning Byakuya into a Zombie? He's not even a war potential last time I checked.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

  5. #64
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    19,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    I'm stupid they could just give him back the medal. Right. However, why would they even consider turning Byakuya into a Zombie? He's not even a war potential last time I checked.
    Harribel was not a war potential as far as we know and yet she is captive. Ivan and ludwin (or whatever his name was) were fodder arrancar as far as we know. They were even looking forward to recruiting tres bestias. They don't need to recruit only war potentials, significantly lesser warriors and characters than byakuya seem to be going through the zombification process so far.

  6. #65
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Speaking of which, is it Ok for Mayuri to not fight and instead monitors the battles to analyse the quincies?

  7. #66
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    I wonder if Kurotsuchi might be working for the enemy for reasons of his own. There was a reason that crazy bastard was in the Maggot's Nest. I think he found things in HM in Szayel Aporro's lab that he didn't tell the CC about. Just me bing suspicious, I guess. I was suspicious when he had the civilians killed in the Rukongai without even informing the CC. I thought his explanation was lacking...

  8. #67
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Alternate Reality
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Quote Originally Posted by River_Capulet View Post
    Speaking of which, is it Ok for Mayuri to not fight and instead monitors the battles to analyse the quincies?
    its a war shinigamis cant win...so even if mayuri goes out in open there is no chance for him to make any difference except for loosing to some VR...so its a better strategy to analyse the war at the moment so that shinigamis can come up with a perfect counter attack later on... mayuris biggest strength is his brain like urahara which tops his fighting potential with his zan...

  9. #68
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    its a war shinigamis cant win...so even if mayuri goes out in open there is no chance for him to make any difference except for loosing to some VR...so its a better strategy to analyse the war at the moment so that shinigamis can come up with a perfect counter attack later on... mayuris biggest strength is his brain like urahara which tops his fighting potential with his zan...
    Well I agree, I just find it's strange that he's not with his division (Akon and co), the 12th division barrack was the first place that got attacked, so I have no idea where he wandered of to. Maybe he has a secret lab that is extremely secured like Szayel's

  10. #69
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Alternate Reality
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Quote Originally Posted by River_Capulet View Post
    Well I agree, I just find it's strange that he's not with his division (Akon and co), the 12th division barrack was the first place that got attacked, so I have no idea where he wandered of to. Maybe he has a secret lab that is extremely secured like Szayel's
    yea last time we saw him running to some place...he was out of labs ...must be collecting sample from all over the place...maybe after VR retreat he will appear and say i found a solution to bankai stealing problem ...kubo did say that he has got major role in this arc...

  11. #70
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Quote Originally Posted by IGotTails View Post
    Well, I think Schabrak got ownt here
    It's not about owning... It's about different interpretations of the manga. Clearly, kubo doesn't give enough info for us to know whether Unohana is neglecting her duty or not. It's all about personal opinions at the moment. Me, I believe that she should be doing more because that's my interpretation of the panels.

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #71
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,042
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Quote Originally Posted by IGotTails View Post
    Well, I think Schabrak got ownt here
    I believe you are spamming here. :/ Don't quote pages of text for a single line please. I haven't even read his post yet, so the block of text has done nothing to me. You might want to add something to the discussion instead of doing a drive-by thought?
    Last edited by Schabrak; November 03, 2012 at 08:49 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  14. #72
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,507
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Quote Originally Posted by IGotTails View Post
    I was just able to summarize my thoughts into a single line and simply quoted the entries that the said thoughts were concerned with. Nothing against that. All in all, your argument was weaker, considering that your supporting facts were not seen from what I read so far. So suck it up!
    Save (virtual) trees, use spoiler tags!
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #73
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Where the Red Fern Grows
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,106
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Omgosh you guys are all hilarious.

    No doubt in my mind unohana will be shown to be a powerhouse. However, considering she is the second oldest and most likely the most powerful shinigami behind yamamoto, i am disappointed that she has not made a move or battled anyone. Furthermore, she is considered a kendo master. If kenpachi can destroy powerful opponents with kendo, then a master like unohana would slice a SR to nothing.

    I guess we'll have to wait for the chapters to see if unohana in fact has done anything. Who knows, she may have released her shikai and is healing people from a far distance just like tsunade and her slugs.

  17. #74
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    Omgosh you guys are all hilarious.

    No doubt in my mind unohana will be shown to be a powerhouse. However, considering she is the second oldest and most likely the most powerful shinigami behind yamamoto, i am disappointed that she has not made a move or battled anyone. Furthermore, she is considered a kendo master. If kenpachi can destroy powerful opponents with kendo, then a master like unohana would slice a SR to nothing.

    I guess we'll have to wait for the chapters to see if unohana in fact has done anything. Who knows, she may have released her shikai and is healing people from a far distance just like tsunade and her slugs.
    Nearly all captains are considered to be expert at swordmanship, yet none has showed the destructive power that Kenpachi can cause with just his reiatsu and swinging his sword like a moron

    Just because she's a master at Kendo doesn't mean she'd cause the same destruction or even more than Kenpachi

  18. #75
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Unohana is being REALLY useless right now

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Nearly all captains are considered to be expert at swordmanship, yet none has showed the destructive power that Kenpachi can cause with just his reiatsu and swinging his sword like a moron

    Just because she's a master at Kendo doesn't mean she'd cause the same destruction or even more than Kenpachi
    Even Kyoraku and Ukitake adress Unohana as -senpai, so she MUST be hella strong. xd

New Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts