Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reasons why Ichigo is NOT a quincy -

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reasons why Ichigo is NOT a quincy -

I don't disagree with your reasoning at all, but...

I still think Ichigo's probably part Quincy just from how the story's been set up. Like with with the mystery about Aizen saying he's the son of "a shinigami and a..." But Ishhin stops him from saying more.

Also, Zangetsu and Juha Bach look pretty similar for some reason. I'd be kinda surprised if that was just a coincidence. Maybe it's something like Juha Bach was the brother of Ichigo's grandpa, and Zangetsu takes the appearance of the grandpa. (Wild speculation, of course, but I could see it happening.)

So yeah, non-humans can use Quincy abilities (like the Arrancar guy that came to Ichigo's house), but I think the other story elements in Bleach, taken together with the latest chapter, strongly point to Ichigo being part Quincy. Nice thread, though

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    The spiraling depths of retardedness(AKA the Jellystone dimension)
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    I don't disagree with your reasoning at all, but...

I still think Ichigo's probably part Quincy just from how the story's been set up. Like with with the mystery about Aizen saying he's the son of "a shinigami and a..." But Ishhin stops him from saying more.

Also, Zangetsu and Juha Bach look pretty similar for some reason. I'd be kinda surprised if that was just a coincidence. Maybe it's something like Juha Bach was the brother of Ichigo's grandpa, and Zangetsu takes the appearance of the grandpa. (Wild speculation, of course, but I could see it happening.)

So yeah, non-humans can use Quincy abilities (like the Arrancar guy that came to Ichigo's house), but I think the other story elements in Bleach, taken together with the latest chapter, strongly point to Ichigo being part Quincy. Nice thread, though
    :: bach being ichigos grandpa is a bit far fetched cause he 2000 years old ::
    Last edited by babaGAReeb; October 25, 2012 at 01:10 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by babaGAReeb View Post
    :: bach being ichigos grandpa is a bit far fetched cause he 2000 years old ::
    I didn't say that.

What I said was Bach might be something like Ichigo's great uncle. Quincy are supposedly human, so by your logic it's far-fetched that Bach is even alive. We don't know what's going on with Quincy ages. Apparently Ishida's grandpa was around 200 years ago during the Quincy massacre. The Quincies in the Ice Palace seem to age slowly like the people in Soul Society. But in the human world, Quincies seem to age normally.

Point is, if Ichigo's part Quincy, then he's probably related to Bach. Not his grandpa. But some old relative. I highly doubt Kubo would draw Zangetsu and Bach to look so similar only by accident.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well your theory isn't bad, but, as someone else said, I think that the story is telling us that Ichigo is part Quincy.
    Also the fact that Misako's past (as well as Isshin's) is obscure, gives us more reason to consider such possibility.
    Obviously we will need the next chapter (or another Pendulum arc) to understand what really happened to Ichigo.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    The spiraling depths of retardedness(AKA the Jellystone dimension)
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    I didn't say that.

What I said was Bach might be something like Ichigo's great uncle. Quincy are supposedly human, so by your logic it's far-fetched that Bach is even alive. We don't know what's going on with Quincy ages. Apparently Ishida's grandpa was around 200 years ago during the Quincy massacre. The Quincies in the Ice Palace seem to age slowly like the people in Soul Society. But in the human world, Quincies seem to age normally.

Point is, if Ichigo's part Quincy, then he's probably related to Bach. Not his grandpa. But some old relative. I highly doubt Kubo would draw Zangetsu and Bach to look so similar only by accident.
    :: well Kubo's characters do tend to look alike a lot. This being an expample

So its quite posiible that bach lookin like zangetsu is just a coinkidink.
    we'll soon found out what else kinda ass pull Kubo has prepared for us in the next chapter of Bleach ball z!!! ::

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Well your theory isn't bad, but, as someone else said, I think that the story is telling us that Ichigo is part Quincy.
    Also the fact that Misako's past (as well as Isshin's) is obscure, gives us more reason to consider such possibility.
    Obviously we will need the next chapter (or another Pendulum arc) to understand what really happened to Ichigo.
    The obscurity of those characters is certainly plausible cause for the possiblity that he is quincy. However, I just wanted to explore reasons he was not a quincy. I get why lots of people want ichigos mom to be a quincy, and maybe she is.
    I just see soo many examples throughout bleach where the same process can be called by different names. so if the heart of blut vene is simply to put reiatsu into your veins to increase defense, then I dont see why ichigo cant do it.

I even see more sense for him not being able to have done it up until this point. This battle is post Dangai, Post FGT, Post Fullbringer powers. he has grown much throughout the arcs, and I feel that him reflexively using his vast reiatsu to infuse his veins with energy to increase his defense is surpirising but not impossible even IF his mother is not a quincy.

I always felt that his hybrid status was why he had access to hollow and shinigami, the only other shinigami that had hollow powers were because of Aizen and the hogyoku . But if he ends up with quncy heritage I think that would be more of a chimera than a hybrid. I dont know. Next chapter is going to be great!

thanks for participating in the post.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually wouldn't mind the Quincy reveal (if it's true), it could explain Ichigo's FGT and stuff like that.
    Hoping we'll see Ichi with wings.

Spoiler: Kubo interview spoiler show
    Last edited by Notak; October 25, 2012 at 09:01 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I was pondering last night additional ways ichigo could have blut vene and not be a quincy and then It hit me.
    Perhaps he absorbed the ability using his fullbring when he killed shaz domino.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/512/5

If he unconsiously absorbed the ability from killing a quincy with the ability then this is not truly a blut vene but a fullbring approximation of it.
    just a thought. Im really chompin at the bit for next chapter.

---------- Post added October 30, 2012 at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was October 26, 2012 at 08:21 AM ----------

Well so much for this idea- lol.

Ichigo confirmed Quincy in todays chapter-

Thanks to all for posts and contributing ideas.
    Last edited by benelori; October 26, 2012 at 07:28 AM.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Ichigo is a human that fights like a Human using Shinigami, Hollow, Fullbringer and Quincy powers. He doesn't know to a full extent how to use any of these kinds of powers (as Kubo has shown for the longest time), but as a Human being, he has a enough common sense to use these powers to protect and defend himself and the people he cares about.

That's what i've been getting from all these scenarios over the years with Ichigo and him learning new abilities to make himself stronger.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope Kubo is just an idiot. He started as Human who can see Ghost. A Shinigami sub, A real Shinigami, half Hollow, Fullbring and now Quincy....Throws up performing self involuntarily vomiting. Bleach has gone to hell that's all.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

someone is extremely butthurt^^^^^^^^^^^^

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo should always have had the potential to be a Quincy since he was a human with high reiatsu the same as the Quincy who originally started the order. That he would randomly spawn an ability without training however, like it was in his blood - sounds stupid. Ishida has no such natural potential (although he may be a loser among Quincies - maybe his dad naturally has the advanced abilities)

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2