Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Will the story end after the 4th great war is over?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 50.00%
  • No

17 50.00%
New Reply
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto's Ending

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does Naruto need to end before it's too late? Obito's revelation killed the manga

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi
    To be honest, I find myself indifferent to Obito's whole situation, and I just don't know why. Since the flashbacks appear to be over, at least we'll be seeing some action again. Madara's wooden dragon was the most interesting thing that's happened in the past few chapters (apart from Rin's death).
    Ditto. But I can only speak for myself, but the reason I don't care for Obito's situation is because we've seen it all before.

He's literally every other Naruto villain. Life sucked, so he got mad, and decided to resort to some outrageously convoluted plan that screws with everyone elses life inorder to alleviate his own pain. That's it. A badguy can be "just a badguy" without being considered one-dimensional. But Kishi doesn't seem to think so.

And yeah, I'm more concerned with Dr. Snakes and Oro's Excellent Adventures, but that could just be bias. I am afterall a Sasuke fan. And naturally avoidant of situations concerning the main character for the simple fact that he's the main character and it can only end one way: The good guy wins. With Sasuke it's not so cut and dry thus: more to look forward to.

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleone
    Its the way he introduces all this new stuff out of the blue without it being hinted on. Trading eyes ok that makes sense but gene splicing and all that shit? Come on bro even you can admit thats actually so weak. Its the cheapest and most unoriginal way to gain strength
    I agree it's cheap, but he had to work in the confines of his own canon. Senju and Uchiha are the pinnacle of power in this manga. Their lineage goes back to the creation of bijuu and ninjutsu itself. For some new power to appear out of nowhere would be fresh... but for it to be the answer to alot of the questions we have would not only be more of an asspull than the gene splicing... it'd trivialize what he's been telling us all throughout part 2 about the Uchiha and Senju being awesome.

And if he didn't use the gene splicing then that means some random Joe Shmoe can become as powerful as Rikudou's descendants through sheer training and perseverance... which would be even more of an asspull than what I mentioned above.

So again, it could be tons worse. That's just my view on the situation though, lol. Feel free to disagree.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does Naruto need to end before it's too late? Obito's revelation killed the manga

Quote Quote:
    And if he didn't use the gene splicing then that means some random Joe Shmoe can become as powerful as Rikudou's descendants through sheer training and perseverance...
    I have to agree and disagree with you here, we've already seen people being able to catch up and match the uchiha. rock lee beat sasuke and the 3rd was called the god of shinobi and was said to be the strongest of all of the kages, people can catch up through hard work i know what your saying but that'd give an unfair advantage to the uchiha and senju.

I'd prefer it if no one was able to get the rinnengan actually. I was happy with believing nagato was the reincarnation and the only one to have it but no, it seems like anyone can get it if they are sneaky enough. Its a shame, it puts humans capable of reaching the power of god when they shouldnt be able to. One ninja and his reincarnation having the power? okay thats legit but grabbing some dna throwing it into a melting pot and bam! your the new sage? thats laziness and boring anyone can become the ridoku and that takes away its godliness and the pretty much puts the sage, creator of all ninjutsu not to mention the world savior, in the league of a regular nin who stayed after class in biology

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleone View Post
    @brill. His experiments weren't wrong it's just that yamato was the only one who survived it. Why would Oro want or even need to change it hashi was considered a god as it is.
    Because Orohimaru's focus was all jutsu, not Senjuu DNA and wood jutsu. If it was then all this need for Sasuke and all his other freakish experiments would be irrelevant. He was a twisted mind who knows what concoction he envisioned.

Quote Quote:
    And it did kill the manga, it was already going downhill but to have it be obito after so much went down was like wtf. People were throwing theories left right and center and they were legit. I thought it was solely obitos body and maybe madara or zetsu corrupted him but to find out he went evil and is trying to take over the world for a girl that didnt even want him in the first place is so pathetic. I cant even feel bad for him his reasoning is so flawed it just pushed me further away from the idea of it, you cant feel sorry for him i honestly wanna buy him a hooker and kill this hard one hes carried for almost 20 years. Bam problem solved, we'll give her fake stripes on the side becuase she'll be more real than an imaginary girl hes trying to get with
    The only thing going downhill are people's expectations so they finally align with what this manga is actually offering. People made a ton of theories but the only ones that matter are Kishi's. It his story and even though everyone here wants a chance at arm-chair manga writing their speculations are just that, speculation. So why is it pathetic that Obito wants to hit the reset button? That's the entire foundation for Full Metal Alchemist and people love that work. Obito has just a valid reason as Nagato does, even more so since he loved Rin. The problem is that Kishi kept Obito as the "mystery man" for this long and couldn't develop his motive. Why, because as soon as he did people would say "OH CRAP, TOBI IS OBITO" and dispel the mystery. So we have an obscure character with no development who finally gets the limelight and people are not impressed. To be honest it's impossible to make you empathize with a villan in 3 chapters especially with as much ground as Kishi covered in those three chapters.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Krina29's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Imo the ideea of Naruto is a very good one but as mentioned above some elements were too fast introduced and it didn't gave us time to process and get used with that huge(I may say) change and some things don't really make sense but we have to get used with this. I don't like Tobi being Obito imo Izuna would have a been a more interesting Tobi and it could follow the theme of rivalty between brothers. All in all we have to be happy with what we have and don't complain because it could be worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    I like your sense of humour.
    Quote sigs are getting more and more mainstream.
    No way, a third quote would be creepy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I would've been cool with the series ending after the Naruto vs. Pain fight. A few chapters to tied up the loose ends, like Sasuke realizing what Itachi was trying to do, then he and Naruto defeat Tobi together. THE END.

But no... we needed all the Hashirama's DNA stuff...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you there brill. I dont know why kishi waited so long to introduce obito like it was gonna be some huge revelation, like 80 percent of people thought it was him as soon as he was shown, one eye hole, the name tobi and a dimension jutsu similar to kakashi's? Most obvious reveal ever. If he had shown him earlier on it wouldve been better because at this point in the story its kinda like " wtf i waited this long and argued so much for this?". For the past 300 or so we've been waiting foe thiz reveal and ot was a let down and to find out his reasoning is the biggest let down of them all. The main villan is just another one dimensional character with the same back story as every other bad guy

"The world is too hard, someone i cared for died so i gotta destroy everything and change it"

Its the same recycled story and to have it shown near its end is an even bigger slap in the face. Ive read countless theories on who he was that sounded way better than what kishi showed us. I argued it was obito with my friends and online for years and i was right, but somehow i feel cheated. Its no where near as satisfying as i thought itd be solely on the fact that his motivation for all this is rin. Theres no bad guys who are evil for the sake of being evil and obitos connection to rin shouldnt have been enough to push him over the edge like that they werent even dating or in love it was all one sided, she liked kakashi and he knew it so why would he go that far for someone who had no interest in him?

Plus this dna stuff needs to stop, it leaves a huge plot hole if you can steal someones dna to get stronger than why not steal everyones with a special ability? Youd think dr.snakes wouldve just taken the dna of all those super nin he revived and made himself immortal

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Kid Chameleone , Thanks for putting all my frustrations out for me. I can't believe I 'm actually commenting, usually I would read the comments and push the like button if I agree with someone. I can't help myself, I find some of these comments funny to the point I'm laughing out loud. Kish really f**ked up everything! I know a few people want to defend him and say our expectation were not fulfill but that's not it all. I just don't understand how this manga went from writing about how hard work pays off to genes or having kekkei genkai is superior. Completely opposite, the themes are reverse and that's what i am mostly mad about.
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

---you have been warned..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleone View Post
    ...Its the same recycled story and to have it shown near its end is an even bigger slap in the face. Ive read countless theories on who he was that sounded way better than what kishi showed us. I argued it was obito with my friends and online for years and i was right, but somehow i feel cheated. Its no where near as satisfying as i thought itd be solely on the fact that his motivation for all this is rin. Theres no bad guys who are evil for the sake of being evil and obitos connection to rin shouldnt have been enough to push him over the edge like that they werent even dating or in love it was all one sided, she liked kakashi and he knew it so why would he go that far for someone who had no interest in him?
    Then revel in your powers of deduction since you got it correct. Plus you still have one villan who isn't a victim of circumstance. I doubt Madara is doing this becuase Mito dumped him. You still have the arch-villan as a nacissistic bad-ass. Your dreams can be fulfilled through him which nobody saw coming until he emerged onto the battlefield

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Then revel in your powers of deduction since you got it correct. Plus you still have one villan who isn't a victim of circumstance. I doubt Madara is doing this becuase Mito dumped him. You still have the arch-villan as a nacissistic bad-ass. Your dreams can be fulfilled through him which nobody saw coming until he emerged onto the battlefield
    Just you wait, Kishi will find a way to fuck up Madara.
    I know it.
    It will be probably something like a bully Hashirama stealing his teddy bear, resulting in Madara not believing in the world anymore and forsaking bonds in the name of power.
    ^ This is probably when he awakened his Mangekyo Sharingan as well.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    @shahdan: Yeah, it's pretty annoying. But it's not manga-breaking annoying. Not for me atleast. Probably because the Senju DNA is just a device for why things are, not how things are gonna end up. It was necessary or else Kishimoto would've had to make up a completely new hax abilities to explain things like immortality, bijuu control, gene splicing to increase strength, and other things that would make the story more convoluted than it currently is.

Think of the Senju stuff like the Sharingan. People have pissed and moaned about the Sharingan and how hax it supposedly is for over a decade... but still were able to find things about the manga they did like. I pissed and moaned about jinchuuriki for over a decade, but get hyped to def anytime Sasuke's on the page. I guess all I'm saying is focus on what you like.
    To tell you the truth, it's becoming a manga-breaking point for me, at least. At first we had simple medical knowledge, how for example Orochimaru manipulated bodies and experimented on them to create jutsus. Now it's happening the other way around. Instead of simple manipulation or Medical knowledge, it seems Senju DNA has become an obligation or a power-up steroid boost to gain more power. It's so damn annoying.

I have always loved Sharingen abilities though. They are very impressive. If someone feels they are haxxed then every Blood-line ability/limit is, as all those with KG over-use them to get around in battle. I definitely am excited now that Madara has shut his can about Hashirama's DNA. This means we'll get back to the good old Madara Uchiha's overwhelming Jutsus' exhibition.

---------- Post added at 04:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    It's madara's fault. Just because he was so weak against hashirama, he found the cheapest way to surpass hashirama. By using his dna to gain power.

Just like itachi said,

A father killed his son for power.
    A brother killed his brother for power.

No wonder, itachi defined his clan as a pathetic clan. A hunger power clan, who murdered everyone just for power.
    Madara was never as weak against Hashirama as you seem to suggest. They were extremely close in power. His condition is shown in one of Kyuubi's perceptive scans. The guy is bloodied and unable to heal as he is out of chakra. That didn't look like a man who won with ease, but barely managed to limp his way to victory.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Obito's revelation killed the manga
    No damn way man...

I would have liked for Obito to be someone more impresive like the bad kid of the Sage but... Well i can live with it. I love this manga and from my part is the best like EVER.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Just you wait, Kishi will find a way to fuck up Madara.
    I know it.
    It will be probably something like a bully Hashirama stealing his teddy bear, resulting in Madara not believing in the world anymore and forsaking bonds in the name of power.
    ^ This is probably when he awakened his Mangekyo Sharingan as well.
    at chapter 666 we'll find out hashirama stole madaras rice krispies at recess which started the beef between them thus causing all the readers eyes to bleed and mass suicides...

but on a serious note since the manga is close to its end theres no way it could it can be saved, the only thing that could keep readers interested is a dope battle scene that blows all others out of the water but i doubt thats gonna happen. obitos probably gonna turn to a mangina at the last second have a change of heart yada yada same bs as every other villan

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

honestly its so far in the only thing left to do is grin and bear it. it will be over soon my friends. pain is temporary, pride is forever but i cannot be proud of this manga, not anymore... as it has let me down in ways i never thought imaginable
    Last edited by Kid Chameleone; November 02, 2012 at 12:40 AM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Fool View Post
    Yeah but he didn't say that, he said he was seeking revenge. Revenge for what? He was Obito, not Madara. Besides if you want to do Infinite Tsukuyomi the revenge doesn't make sense.
    He did it for their eyes (remember his stockpile) and because they posed a threat to his plans. The only people Tobi ever showed any fear/concern for in regards to besting him or ruining things for him were Madara and Itachi, two Uchiha shinobi.

Not to mention, with the Sharigan, an Uchiha can be immune to the Moon's Eye Plan if they are strong enough. Or at least they should be.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Krina29's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Still I don't get the ''do you know for how long I have waited for this moment?'' when he fought with Minato
    I like your sense of humour.
    Quote sigs are getting more and more mainstream.
    No way, a third quote would be creepy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

madara's story is probably going to go like this:

madara: "im the best you all suck i have mangekyo you dont ahahahahaha*twenty seconds later*hahahaha!!!!!11"
    izuna: "i have it too dumbass"
    madara: ":'(" *steals izuna's*
    izuna: "graawrgh."
    madara after a few days of MS spam: "my eyesight becomes crap i cant see where i spam now " *looks at izunas eyes stored in his drawers* "...!"
    years after, fighting hashirama
    madara: "anyway, how's your sex life?"
    hashirama: "my dna is better than yours!"
    madara: "haha! what a story, hashi!....:'(!!!" *grabs and pulls hashirama's hair*
    hashirama: "gaaargh! release me!!!"
    madara: "in a few minutes bitch!"
    a pissed off hashirama then turns into a giant
    madara, in his dwarf susano'o: "you no good!!! you just a chicken cheep, cheep cheep, cheep, cheeep, cheeeeeeeeeep!!!"
    *hashirama proceeds to shit out a mokuton jutsu no one even dreamed about*
    madara: "i treat you like a princess! and you stab me in the back! i luuuv you and-"
    *a crying hashirama impales madara*
    madara: "YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, HASHI!!...at least...i have...your hair....!!......*faking death*"
    madara in a cave
    "HASHIRAMA CELLS...Y U NO WORK?! GRR!! MADARA SMASH!! *looks at the skies* EVERYONE BETRAY ME I AM FED UP WITH THIS WERLD!!...."

the rest you should know by now
    yeah madara looks like tommy wiseau
    Last edited by IChallengeYou!; November 03, 2012 at 08:02 AM.

New Reply
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast