Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Toriko 210 Discussion Thread

  1. #31
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lol Jersey
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko 210 Discussion Thread

    Yeah, 100% agreed that the 3rd faction is far too low key to oppose them directly, otherwise they wouldn't keep using their version of GT robos. But the fact that Joa's face is masked means that he almost has to be a character we already know since the unveil is pointless if he isn't.

  2. #32
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Alternate Reality
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    359
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko 210 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    Yeah, 100% agreed that the 3rd faction is far too low key to oppose them directly, otherwise they wouldn't keep using their version of GT robos. But the fact that Joa's face is masked means that he almost has to be a character we already know since the unveil is pointless if he isn't.
    when did 3rd faction use gt robots? did i miss something out...also the reason that joa covers his face could be that he is not human ...a highly evolved nitro ...just a thought...

  3. #33
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,066
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko 210 Discussion Thread

    Anyway is it me or Toriko's Nail Gun is too dangerous to be used in battle?
    I mean, It sure is strong, but I think that consecutive hits (Kugi Punch) are more deadly.
    About the chapter, it was a nice one and now that the cooking festival has begun, I think that we will enter in the greatest arc of Toriko.

  4. #34
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko 210 Discussion Thread

    i was expecting a little bit more filler actually or a holiday arc like the chicken tiger and suprise apples. thou cant say i am dissappointed with the start of cook fest arc. well with another rich coming in the identity of the mastermind seem more likely to be joa. there is also the fact of the book komatsu found. his other friend name i forgot is making an appearence. shima is taking things too far with the nail gun i think. as komatsu would say "the exicement is giga-giga"

  5. #35
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DarkRyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko 210 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Anyway is it me or Toriko's Nail Gun is too dangerous to be used in battle?
    I mean, It sure is strong, but I think that consecutive hits (Kugi Punch) are more deadly.
    About the chapter, it was a nice one and now that the cooking festival has begun, I think that we will enter in the greatest arc of Toriko.
    Why do you think the consecutive hits are more deadly than someone taking the entire force all at once? Also Nail Gun appears to be a projectile (it wasn't too clear in my opinion...) so there's that, Toriko already explained why he made the Nail Gun though, it was because the Four Beast was able to shake off the smaller hits and recover before the damage could affect him, if the Four Beast can do that you bet your ass the top tier Gourmet World creatures could do the same, this doesn't mean the Kugi Punch is gonna go away it just means that sometimes Toriko will need to use Nail Gun instead

  6. #36
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,066
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko 210 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRyu View Post
    Why do you think the consecutive hits are more deadly than someone taking the entire force all at once? Also Nail Gun appears to be a projectile (it wasn't too clear in my opinion...) so there's that, Toriko already explained why he made the Nail Gun though, it was because the Four Beast was able to shake off the smaller hits and recover before the damage could affect him, if the Four Beast can do that you bet your ass the top tier Gourmet World creatures could do the same, this doesn't mean the Kugi Punch is gonna go away it just means that sometimes Toriko will need to use Nail Gun instead
    I understand what you mean, but in my opinion the Nail Gun is, how can I say this, more dodgeable and surely Toriko must still master it.

  7. #37
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Black Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Germany
    Posts
    232
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko 210 Discussion Thread

    Everything is dodgeable.. one way or the other. It always depends on the enemy and the situation, but also how experienced someone is.
    But yes,.. Toriko still needs a hell of training^^

    Whatever,.. its good to see progress.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic134950_2.gif

  8. #38
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Posts
    204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko 210 Discussion Thread

    i really wanna know what this cooking festival is and why only the top 100 chef can enter. Is it a competition or show. is it like iron chef or masterchef type of contest. a showdown where they cook their signature dish or theme. And how did bishokukai attend do they ahve top ranked chef themselves besides chiyo who is eligible to enter. So much mystery surrounding this and im even more excited about it than the 4 beast arc

  9. #39
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gourmet World
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,374
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toriko 210 Discussion Thread

    I think it will appear to be both competition and show, especially since for different people there is a different purpose. For the chefs it seems to be a way to show their skills, compete more and get more fame, thus also attract more money. For the audience it seems to be a show.
    I also believe Komatsu might advance a bit more in the rankings during the Fest, but he won't win or get too close to it, since it wouldn't make sense for him to be already among the strongest cooks. Otherwise his growth would be limited.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts