Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Why Obito attacked Konoha!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Yugoslavia
    Post Thanks / Like

Why Obito attacked Konoha!

Its right there, in that 607 chapter, the reason why Obito HAD to attack Konoha with NineTails. Kishi really needs to draw everything to us so that we understand. I had to pound my head for two days to get it!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member synapse's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why Obito attacked Konoha!

Oh you figured it out? Please do tell. :-)

Country
    Yugoslavia
    Post Thanks / Like

Obito goes to Nagato and says: "Im Uchiha Madara!"
    And Yahiko says: "Yeah right, you are some idiot, go fuck your self"

When they leave, Black Zetsu (Madara) says to Obito: "This is not gonna work. You have to convince people you are Madara, and right now no one is going to believe you."

"Why do I have to convince people that I am Madara?"

"You cant capture all tailed beasts by yourself, you need help from serious mighty old ninjas. They won't follow orders of young fucked up boy, but they might follow orders of legendary Uchiha Madara."

"Ok, how do I convince people that I am Madara?"

"What people know about Madara?"

"He was mean powerful dude who summoned Nine Tails and attacked Konoha. No one else could do that."

"Then this is what we have to do. Prepare for the trip to Konoha. Remeber, you have to persuade everyone that you are Madara, so say shit like: 'I've been waiting for this moment for so long!' and things like that. After the attack, whole world will hear about it, your identity must be top secret, and people will speculate who was behind attack, one clue at the time, we will feed them Madara story, bits and peaces."

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

And Obito didn't heard of Kushinas birth from Kakashi in the graveyard, that was just poetry of the situation, Obito has white zetsus planted in the earth under konoha and he knows everyhing he needs to know.

4. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

@pera2
    I don't think so. Nagato would believe in Tobito after seeing the death of Yahiko as Obito believed in Madara.

I think Kishimoto will explain it when Sasuke meets whit the one who knows everything.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3111763

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pera2 View Post
    Obito goes to Nagato and says: "Im Uchiha Madara!"
    And Yahiko says: "Yeah right, you are some idiot, go fuck your self"

When they leave, Black Zetsu (Madara) says to Obito: "This is not gonna work. You have to convince people you are Madara, and right now no one is going to believe you."

"Why do I have to convince people that I am Madara?"

"You cant capture all tailed beasts by yourself, you need help from serious mighty old ninjas. They won't follow orders of young fucked up boy, but they might follow orders of legendary Uchiha Madara."

"Ok, how do I convince people that I am Madara?"

"What people know about Madara?"

"He was mean powerful dude who summoned Nine Tails and attacked Konoha. No one else could do that."

"Then this is what we have to do. Prepare for the trip to Konoha. Remeber, you have to persuade everyone that you are Madara, so say shit like: 'I've been waiting for this moment for so long!' and things like that. After the attack, whole world will hear about it, your identity must be top secret, and people will speculate who was behind attack, one clue at the time, we will feed them Madara story, bits and peaces."

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

And Obito didn't heard of Kushinas birth from Kakashi in the graveyard, that was just poetry of the situation, Obito has white zetsus planted in the earth under konoha and he knows everyhing he needs to know.
    Ugh. That very well may be the case. Becuase I forgot where, but wasn't there speculation that people tended to have to do something to join the organization? Or is that just fiction itself? Either way, he wans't doing it to join akatsuki.

Anyway, why he attacked Konoha the way he did was goofy (thus far). He had the nine tails, etc. Yet he attacked the village. He DOES seem to want to prove something with it. And it admittedly goes with his goofy speech... "because it's fun, a war to bring peace," etc.

Now... there's no way around the way the Kyuubi apparently recognized him bit, but I guess that's just one area that we have to let slide in the manga. lol

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

This is wrong. Everyone thought it was a freak accident when the fox attacked the only people who knew the truth were minato and kushina. The nine tails was known to attack random places at random times and besides that everyone thought madara was dead, unless he came out and said hey I'm madara then summoned the fox your theory would make sense but he didn't he hid in the shadows no one even noticed him. People thought he was madara due to his vast knowledge on the uchiha history which the real madara taught him so of course he'd seem legit, who else would know all that stuff except madara or his disciple

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Yugoslavia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleone View Post
    This is wrong. Everyone thought it was a freak accident when the fox attacked the only people who knew the truth were minato and kushina.
    Obviously, Madara and Obito didn't plan to have their ass Rassenganed, righ? Minato fucked up the whole plan. As far as motivation goes, I believe Obito planed to smash around Konoha a little bit, and then go away with Kyuubi to seal it in Gedo.

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ugur_tatli View Post
    @pera2
    I don't think so. Nagato would believe in Tobito after seeing the death of Yahiko as Obito believed in Madara.
    You are right, but he had to eventually persuade other ninja beside Nagato who he had easily caught with Rasengan knowledge.
    He had to persuade whole world to be able to start a war.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I got it figured out myself. It's all there in chapter 607, page 16 (if mangastream version). Kishimoto has been spending years planning out the story behind Tobi(not), and then he revealed that he's Obito, the entire mystery and timeline went down the shitter....Kishimoto didn't even try his best to explain it, rushing the entire manga just to get it finished as fast as he can, but continued to fail miserably again...and again....and again, so he could get to that amazing page packed with epic art/twist...Until finally, one day...Chapter 607, page 16...A black page with white letters on it...That took ages to prepare and plan out...He finally conveyed his true feelings about his manga there...

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT IT ANYMORE."

There you go, no need to overanalyze anything. That's all the answers you will ever need to questions set by this manga. Only a few chosen can understand the true meaning of that sentence. I deeply regret if you aren't one of them.
    Last edited by IChallengeYou!; October 26, 2012 at 06:10 AM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Yugoslavia
    Post Thanks / Like

ok so we all have been reading this comic for few years, and all the time there was something misterious left to be answered that kept us locked to new chapter every week, and that something is gone now, and clearly we are all aware that it will never again be so interesting and mysterious, so it really is the end of manga as we know it.

There maybe could have been better story behind Tobi character, but i for one couldn't think of one, and I like this ending all in all.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps he wanted to destroy all the bons he had with Konoha, like Sasuke with Naruto?
    Well that's what I think anyway.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member synapse's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Perhaps he wanted to destroy all the bons he had with Konoha, like Sasuke with Naruto?
    Well that's what I think anyway.
    Haha, Obito is the bond dude. I mean he used to love bonds.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by synapse View Post
    Haha, Obito is the bond dude. I mean he used to love bonds.
    Well, who knows, perhaps he still had doubts.
    Or he simply wanted to be noticed. LOL

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Obito doesn't care about reality, so why does everything need to be analyzed so much? To him reality is nothing more than a nightmare he plans to wake up from, by creating a new reality that suits his desires.

So long as he's working towards that ultimate goal, the casualties and destruction he causes are meaningless.

Why did he participate in the slaughtering of the Uchiha Clan? Most likely it was to obtain all those sharingan in his collection. He posed as Uchiha Madara, a man who would want revenge against his own clan because the betrayed him in order to obtain peace with the Senju.

Why would he attack Konohagakure with the Tails, rather than escape with it? Obviously, he didn't expect to lose. So why? Most likely it was to eliminate Minato, and thus eliminate one of the greatest living threats to his plan and weaken Konohagakure in the process.

After all, that's essentially what he did. He sent Nine Tails into the village and, using that rampage as a diversion, attempted to kill Minato. I think he simply didn't expect Minato to win the fight, or to break his control over Nine Tails.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Fool's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    I think he simply didn't expect Minato to win the fight, or to break his control over Nine Tails.
    This is so stupid, Minato was his master and he didn't know he could break his control over Kyuubi. Obito lost control over Kyuubi in... 5 seconds? Looks like a complete idiot to me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Fool View Post
    This is so stupid, Minato was his master and he didn't know he could break his control over Kyuubi. Obito lost control over Kyuubi in... 5 seconds? Looks like a complete idiot to me.
    Minato had no reason to show all of his techniques and abilities to his disciples .... but I agree with you .... Obitio is super idiot !!!
    Last edited by shafagh; October 27, 2012 at 01:50 PM.
    خداحافظ

New Reply