Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the chapter!

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

0 0%
  • Boring

1 25.00%
  • Good

3 75.00%
  • Great

0 0%
  • Epic!

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Liar Game Chapter 160 Discussion/161 Prediction

Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Chapter 160 Discussion/161 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    I'm 99% sure that this is all part of Akiyama's plan.
    Kawai is just a really good actor (or Kimura is just more gullible than we thought).
    It all comes down to Kimura vs Akiyama, that will be what Kaitani a bit forcefully is pushing for this part of the arc, ever since we learned that Kimura is in charge she has had the final say in the group, while it seems before those were done off panel. So if Kimura sees through Kawai she might just be testing him or something. So it depends who will win in the end, while both are using Kawai for their ends.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks it is a problem that the only viable explanation for the last two chapters not being an Akiyama plot is bad writing?
    But that will not guarantee that Akiyama gets the best of Harimoto's group, so should it be more of a concern if his plan does not work?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    But that will not guarantee that Akiyama gets the best of Harimoto's group, so should it be more of a concern if his plan does not work?
    Liar Game is practically a shonen series in that everything always works out for the protagonists (the closest it didn't was the contraband game where Yokoya made money), so if the plot twists are absurdly predictable (and I don't think there is anyone who doesn't think what is happening is an act. And if it isn't, it is shitty writing because then Kawai is an absolute moron), the series has nothing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Kind of curious, why do you still read it?

Seems like it'd be pretty exhausting at this point.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It costs me nothing but a few minutes a week. It also has the potential to become more interesting.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

IDK I have a hard time fathoming putting that much effort in to getting angry at something like this week after week after week.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's get back to discussing the chapter guys, please, thank you!

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah as far as Akiyama and Harimoto's group goes... I'm holding out for the possibility that Akiyama's plan is to just break even/tie with them or something and he doesn't really have a way to totally beat them.

But as of right now it's looking like a pretty typical setup for him to win.

I'm more interested in the inner workings between Harimoto group right now though, I really wanna see more of the dynamics between the four of them and what Mikamoto thinks about all this since we haven't seen a lot of her viewpoint period.
    Last edited by Galactic Tomahawk; November 04, 2012 at 05:57 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why in the hell haven't we seen anything from Yokoya/Fukunaga's group? We get the set up of how this game was going to be different for Yokoya, his foreknowledge of the game, then absolutely nothing. We should be getting a juxtaposition of the two games. That would be more interesting than consecutive red herring chapters.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It is because the current plot seems to be heading to a dead end, we are not seeing Harimoto's groups deconstruct, going a bit slow, I think Kaitani should really consider shifting to what Yokoya is doing, that set up was better than this one. I do imagine the break down that Kimura will have will be something similar to Fukunaga, lol she might even fall for Akiyama.

Also Mikamoto and Kimura were the same for me, we just recently as I said have been having Kimura in the focus due to the big reveal.^^

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I kind of have the feeling that Mikamoto doesn't really like what's going on either, but she's afraid of what will happen if she causes trouble (especially after seeing how Harimoto treats Abe) and just resigned herself to the situation she's in.

One of her scenes a while ago got me thinking that and she seems like a really withdrawn character in general.
    Last edited by Galactic Tomahawk; November 04, 2012 at 09:11 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if shifting to Yokoya's group at this point in time is a good idea as it will only serve to drag out the game, but I don't understand why we didn't immediately start seeing what was going on after say the practice game (possibly with a short flashback of what happened in their practice game).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks it is a problem that the only viable explanation for the last two chapters not being an Akiyama plot is bad writing?
    Just because Akiyama doesn't show up doesn't mean his plan isn't in motion. I am also 99% sure that Kawai's actions are all part of Akiyama's plan.

Of course, that is not to say that Kaitani doesn't write badly from time to time. I still think Harimoto's group didn't live up to the hype everyone else was giving them during the Musical Chairs game. But in the case of the recent chapters, I would probably wait until the game ends before thinking if it was bad writing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    As for the break for next week, you should be more understanding.
    This is not an easy manga to write!

He needs to make sure that there's no plot-holes, otherwise the whole idea of the game makes no sense.

So I'd rather that he takes a few weeks and get back with a tight game, rather than having a chapter every week filled with plot-holes that makes no sense.
    Agreed. His hiatus can't be worse than Togashi's, can it?

I read somewhere that he used to work 18 hours a day, although that was tweet back then from March 9. Quoting source:

Quote Originally Posted by zeeko3 from mangafox
    Shinobu Kaitani's twitter (@mangakap) 9 March:
    連載のほうしばらくお休みをいただきましたが、僕は休むわけじゃないです。1日平均18時間労働だったのを しばらく
    1日8時間労働にペースダウンするだけです。でもそれだけでもずいぶん具合はよくなるんです。でも1日8時 間労働
    じゃ週刊で原稿は上げられないです僕の場合。力不足ですごめんなさい。
    https://twitter.com/#!/mangakap/stat...89120146079744

He said, he was working 18 hours a day to keep weekly series with being involved with the live action movie project.
    He came back only to go on a break again. I wonder what his working conditions are now.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well villains in Liar Game have never fully won, Yokoya, Harimoto, Kimura, Fukunaga .. and even the LGT office have suffered greatly from Nao and Aki, though perhaps the concept of playing again with the same villains might not be as good? Of course they still have some sort of potential, but the only ones that have the biggest one are the LGT office, despite suffering minor losses in each game.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2