Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Origin of Rinnegan, Rikudou Sennin and the Ten Tails

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

The Origin of Rinnegan, Rikudou Sennin and the Ten Tails

I would like to talk and discuss about the Rikudou Sennin.

As you know, he is the strongest ninja, the first rin'negan user, the one who finded out the ninjutsu and Jubi's jinchuriki.

I personally don't believe that he was born with the rin'negan. I'll explain what I mean.

All we know about the Rikudou Sennin's body is limited by his sons. He had two sons, the older one was born with Sennin's eyes, his powerful chakas and spiritual energy. And the younger one was born with Sennin's body, his life force and physical energy.
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-31099-...apter-462.html

There are the pictures. The older one doesn't have the rin'negan. He has got an other doujutsu.

I believe that the Sennin was born with those eyes but I will explain it after.

And the younger one had the Sennin's body. (I don't mean the bodies were the same but they had the same power.) As we know Hashirama, the descendant of younger boy, had the power to tame the tailed beasts. That can explain how the Sennin could suppress the Jubi's chakra and seal it in himself.
    So we can say that the Rikudou wasn't the first rin'negan user. It was the ten tails. The Rikudou had these eyes after obtained the monster's powers.

Now. Let's remember the speech between Darui and Tobito.
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-35269-...apter-467.html
    Tobito says that the Rikudou have divided the chakra of ten tails and created with it 9 tailed beats, and become the Moon. So Darui asks if a human being can accomplish some thing like that. Tobito's answer was simple. "As the ten tails jinchuriki," the Rikudou was already beyond what we could call "human."

As you can see Tobito wasn't talking about the Sennin. He was talking about the Sennin as the ten tails jiunchuriki. His "true power" comes from the biju. The power that is able to create. You can see the Rikudou Sennin as Neo in Matrix. Neo had a body that was able to bend the universe. So the Rikudou had the same. The ten tails was the strongest but it wasn't able to fight with the special body and the doujutsu of the Sennin. The ten tails have changed the DNA of the Sennin and thanks to this the descendants of the older one had the power to use izanagi. The techique that is able to create.

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/594/14
    The ten tails was the god but if you have studied Aristotle's unmoved mover you will understand what it really is.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unmoved_mover
    It's the begining of all, the strongest, the most beautiful, the most intelligent.

So how come a human being sealed it in himself? I don't know if you ever heard this concept. "Can God create a rock so heavy that even he cannot lift it?"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnipotence_paradox

I think the ten tails wanted to prove his powers, so he gave a doujutsu and a special body to Rikudou which are surpassing his powers. After the fight the ten tails was defeated.

As the jinchuriki of ten tails, the Rikudou had the power of a god. He was able to create things as the ten tails could. But I don't understand how the hell someone like him was aging??? Even the mestizo Zetsu's are immortals that aren't aging. Why the Rikudou wasn't an immortal?
    Last edited by ugur_tatli; October 25, 2012 at 04:15 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Origin of Rinnegan, Rikudou Sennin and the Ten Tails

So that's one of the theory you were talking about. XD
    Anyway it is a nice one, but I don't think that the Juubi changed the DNA of Rikoudo; it would be too exagerated.
    About Rikoudo's eyes, I think they have been always his; remember that his miracles began even before the defeat of the Juubi.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

@Zasz
    Yes, this is one of them. XD
    Actually the reason why I thought that the ten tails have changed the DNA of the Sennin is Naruto, Ginkaku and Kinkaku. The Ginkaku Kinkaku brothers and Naruto, they both have in common. It's the whisker marks. They were affected by Kyubi somehow. It have changed their apperence, so their DNA.

And the eyes. I think the same way. His miracles began even before the defeat of the Juubi. But I think these miracles are not the result of rin'negan. It's the doujutsu of older son and the body of younger son.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Yugoslavia
    Post Thanks / Like

so there could be rinegan variants, like there are mangekyo variants, nice.
    i noticed how modern psychology advises parents to use both love and might when raising children. Stern but kind parent.
    So maybe proper combination of love and might is answer to peace in this world

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member synapse's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But wouldn't this theory go against the idea that biju(including ten tails) are a mass of energy and dont necessarily have a consciousness or agenda of their own?

Also isn't the goal of Madara to become the ten tails jinchuriki? So I think this is something extraordinary humans can do and you don't necessarily need a uber divine special body for this.
    Last edited by synapse; October 26, 2012 at 07:08 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ugur_tatli View Post
    @Zasz
    Yes, this is one of them. XD
    Actually the reason why I thought that the ten tails have changed the DNA of the Sennin is Naruto, Ginkaku and Kinkaku. The Ginkaku Kinkaku brothers and Naruto, they both have in common. It's the whisker marks. They were affected by Kyubi somehow. It have changed their apperence, so their DNA.

And the eyes. I think the same way. His miracles began even before the defeat of the Juubi. But I think these miracles are not the result of rin'negan. It's the doujutsu of older son and the body of younger son.
    Ginkaku and Kinkaku had those whiskers even before being affected by the Kyuubi if I'm not wrong.
    About Rinnegan, I think these have always been his, otherwise why would they be called Rikoudo's eyes?

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

@synapse
    All the biju have a consciousness. I didn't understand what you meant. They are not just a chakra being.
    This divine special body Sennin has is the same body that Hashirama has, I think. I has the power to surpass the biju chakra. I believe all the kekkei genkai born from the Sennin's powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Ginkaku and Kinkaku had those whiskers even before being affected by the Kyuubi if I'm not wrong.
    About Rinnegan, I think these have always been his, otherwise why would they be called Rikoudo's eyes?
    Their whiskers are anime only.

And you are right. they are called the Sennin's eyes but no one knows the true story. Even Tobito doesn't know it. If you remember Tobito didn't know the real names of the bijus.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ugur_tatli View Post
    @synapse
    All the biju have a consciousness. I didn't understand what you meant. They are not just a chakra being.
    This divine special body Sennin has is the same body that Hashirama has, I think. I has the power to surpass the biju chakra. I believe all the kekkei genkai born from the Sennin's powers.
    The biju may have personality but not an agenda. Otherwise it would be meaningless to say they can be directed by the sharingan or Hashirama or the host.

Well you are saying the ten tails created teh body of RS, a body that can seal the ten tails itself. But Madara being a regular human created a body himself that can seal the ten tails. So now Madara is better or equal to ten tails (God of all things, according to you)?
    Last edited by synapse; October 27, 2012 at 06:55 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by synapse View Post
    The biju may have personality but not an agenda. Otherwise it would be meaningless to say they can be directed by the sharingan or Hashirama or the host.

Well you are saying the ten tails created teh body of RS, a body that can seal the ten tails itself. But Madara being a regular human created a body himself that can seal the ten tails. So now Madara is better or equal to ten tails (God of all things, according to you)?
    What makes you think he can seal it ? that has not even happened yet....and i got a feeling the 10tails will Reject his ET body
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    What makes you think he can seal it ? that has not even happened yet....and i got a feeling the 10tails will Reject his ET body
    Yes not the ET body, they will have to do the RT version and I am assuming Madara's corpse is in the cave or some other place.

Well, I think Madara fought Hashirama for his DNA. That was a plan he came up with after reading the RS's writing on the sacred tablet with his EMS. And it worked, he got the Rinnegan. So I am guessing Madara knows what he is doing, what is possible and not possible within his means.

Of course that is not positive confirmation but if like the OP suggested, only a creation that is superior to God himself can do it, then why would Madara go through all this pain to do something that is utterly impossible?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by synapse View Post
    Yes not the ET body, they will have to do the RT version and I am assuming Madara's corpse is in the cave or some other place.

Well, I think Madara fought Hashirama for his DNA. That was a plan he came up with after reading the RS's writing on the sacred tablet with his EMS. And it worked, he got the Rinnegan. So I am guessing Madara knows what he is doing, what is possible and not possible within his means.

Of course that is not positive confirmation but if like the OP suggested, only a creation that is superior to God himself can do it, then why would Madara go through all this pain to do something that is utterly impossible?
    Yeah and could you explain to me what they mean by "body" when they say the younger son got the "body" where in the manga dose it tell you what they mean by body?
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind that in the Sage of the Six Path's time there weren't even ninja. He was the first one to mold and transform chakra, and over many generations his teachings eventually became ninjutsu.

It's said that his sons inherited his "body" and his "eyes" respectively. These eventually resulted in the Senju and Uchiha clans.

On the surface, this means that the Senju (and Uzumaki) have access to his physical prowess, including mastery over Yang (physical energy) which is the basis of life and physical form. It seems that this also a key component of the Sealing Arts and Wood Release, as Senju and Uzumaki are skilled at both.

The Uchiha clan has access to his mental and spiritual prowess; namely, the Sharingan gives them mastery over Yin (spiritual/mental energy), which is the basis of imagination and illusion. This leads to their powerful genjutsu and various other techniques.

When both these genetics are combined in a single host, the individual gains access to the entire host of Sage of the Six Path's powers, most notably Yin-Yang Release, which allows them to shape their imagination into reality, or turn reality into an illusion.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally the unmoved mover appears... I am very curious to see the flashback of Rikudou and the ten tails.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

The sage was never a ninja, nor did he ever create ninjutsu. It were his teachings that were labelled as such. He only created one single creation Jutsu, called Izanagi. So assuming that the sage was the most powerful ninja is merely a far-fetched idea as he was not a warrior at all, but a monk who understood the workings of Chakra.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    The sage was never a ninja, nor did he ever create ninjutsu. It were his teachings that were labelled as such. He only created one single creation Jutsu, called Izanagi. So assuming that the sage was the most powerful ninja is merely a far-fetched idea as he was not a warrior at all, but a monk who understood the workings of Chakra.
    No. You're wrong. Assuming the sage is the most powerful ninja isn't a farfetched at all. And I think you forgot what the kyubi said about naruto's seal, it was the rikodous jutsu. So it's safe to assume that rikodou must have a bunch of different kinds of powerful jutsu/sealing jutsu. And oh, remember his 5 treasures? He just created a fan that can create any elements he wants. And he's a monk who's knowledgeable to everything. He isn't a warrior but he's no doubt the most powerful monk.
    When i claimed that minato knows Kage Bunshin, They said that I'm wrong.
    When i claimed that minato is a sage mode user, they said that I'm delusional.
    When i claimed that minato can extend his chakra arms and can activate BM, they said that I'm ridiculous.
    Seriously, Who's "wrong", "delusional" and "ridiculous" now?

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast