Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Best non top tier MSer

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Best non top tier MSer

Who is the strongest non top tier MSer? I guess first we have to define what is 'not top tier'. I will define it as not including anyone who can be recognized at the national level. For example it is said that everyone on Rikkidai is considered 'national (Tezuka) class player' so every one of those guys is automatically out of discussion, even though it really doesn't feel like it. This list can include national-level double team players while playing single, i.e. Golden Pair would surely be considered not top tier if they played singles. Gin Ishida is considered the #1 power player in MS, so he'd be out too. Same with WoK, and roughly anyone on par with them. Kite seems to be recognized nationally (i.e. Rikkidai guys know about him) so he's out too. Actually if you're the best player in your school, you're probably out unless your school really sucks.

For the sake of discussion let's not include Kabaji because he'd almost certainly be #1 on this list.

For POT, I'll vote for Kaidoh, Hirakoba, Otori, Inui, and Krauser.

Kaidoh has great stamina, and two kinds of different snake type shots with the same motion. He even has a devil form that he can use, and is on par with devil form Kirihara.

Hirakoba gave Fuji trouble and that's about as good as you can expect any non top tier character ever do against Fuji. Granted it was a double but it's still impressive.

Krauser's southern cross almost knocked out Kirihara and seems to be the best power player that's not at a national level. I don't see Kawamura doing that in one move at least, even though in theory he become the best power player after defeating Gin. I tend to think Kawamura's victory is more like divine intervention as opposed to his power.

Otori would basically be Ochi jr. His serve is very hard to return, and sure he has almost nothing else, but if you don't lose your serve you can't possibly lose. At the non top tier I don't see most people have a shot at returning that serve.

Inui's serve is slightly weaker than Otori, but he got data tennis for backup, and again at his level his serve would eat up most equivalent level characters alive so he wouldn't even need anything else.

For NPOT, I'll go with Momoshiro, because he has BJK, which is a top tier move that your usual non-chosen ones have no chance of ever learning.
    Last edited by Phantron; October 25, 2012 at 05:36 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best non top tier MSer

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...bles%29/page36

There you have our tiers. For now, Yagyuu is the best "not top tier" player... but you can still discuss there.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...bles%29/page36

There you have our tiers. For now, Yagyuu is the best "not top tier" player... but you can still discuss there.
    Well if you simply exclude all the top tier guys when discussing, the list technically could turn out to be different since it doesn't matter anymore how you do against them. So say you have two characters A and B, with A beating all the non-top guys and B beating 90% of them, but also a couple of the top players. B would possibly be higher ranked on the complete tier list, but A would be higher ranked on this one.
    That being said, I'm not sure how many practical applications there are of this.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Well if you simply exclude all the top tier guys when discussing, the list technically could turn out to be different since it doesn't matter anymore how you do against them. So say you have two characters A and B, with A beating all the non-top guys and B beating 90% of them, but also a couple of the top players. B would possibly be higher ranked on the complete tier list, but A would be higher ranked on this one.
    That being said, I'm not sure how many practical applications there are of this.
    Well the 'national level' guys generally have mutually conflicting abilities that boils down to who happens to be more favored as the plot goes.

Anyone in Rikkaidai is considered national level, even though they don't play like it. They're recognized everywhere.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Well the 'national level' guys generally have mutually conflicting abilities that boils down to who happens to be more favored as the plot goes.

Anyone in Rikkaidai is considered national level, even though they don't play like it. They're recognized everywhere.
    Jackal can't attack.
    Marui's defense is pretty floored. You just have to lob the shrimp.
    I don't think Marui/Jackal are National Level Singles players.

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

Also, why is Inui in this list?
    Inui destroys everybody you listed.

He is top tier where Yanagi is.
    Especially after he beat the guy who destroyed Yanagi.

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

Inui and Yanagi would be on Kite's level.
    They have ability and technique to take on most players.

Inui is definetely going to beat Gin. Inui doesn't belong on this list.

If you want to discuss who belongs on which tier come to the tier thread.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply