Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why did Obito massacre the Uchihas?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Why did Obito massacre the Uchihas?

Now we all know that it was Obito who helped Itachi massacre the Uchihas. But what could be his reason?

1. So he could recruit Itachi?
    I don't think this would make sense because the Uchihas are starting to rebel against Konoha. And with a little persuasion and a little acting the he's Madara, he could recruit all of them. And the whole Uchiha clan is definitely stronger than a single Itachi.

2. To steal their sharingan?
    Doesn't make sense also. As I have said in number 1, it's probably easy to recruit those Uchihas at that time and sharingan eyes in an Uchiha body with an Uchiha mind that is rebellious against Konoha is much much better than eyes alone.

3. To prove that he is Madara and he wanted revenge on the Uchihas?
    Nah. It wasn't revealed that Madara is "alive" until the Itachi and Sasuke fight.

4. To convince Itachi that he is Madara?
    Why would he need to do that?

5. To force Sasuke's strength growth?
    Doesn't make sense.

So what do you think was his reason for this action?
    Last edited by llydnarz; October 26, 2012 at 12:36 AM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why did Obito massacre the Uchihas?

I don't think is that simple as you say:

-Uchihas weren't insane maniacs, they were discriminated ninjas of Konoha, they planned their coup because Konoha actively discriminated them, and even then it was to regain political power.
    -Madara hates Uchiha, and Obito inherited that "hate", and considering how he didn't care about a thing, I doubt he'd care about his clan either way.
    -Itachi alone was worth way more than the entire Uchiha clan which, according to Itachi himself, lost all of his splendor anyway. Its quality over quantity.
    -We don't know what they need the wall of Sharingan for, probably its one of Madara's projects.
    We didn't get the full story behind it.
    -Sasuke was almost a sure investiment, since he was brother to a very powerful and gifted Uchiha, meaning there were good chances that he would grow up to be pretty powerful as well.
    Just like Obito manipulated Itachi, he could manipulate Sasuke as well.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Yugoslavia
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems to me Itachi is the one who massacred Uchiha. Reasons were explained.

About the same time he caught Obito around the village. He realized he was someone malicious, maybe suspected it was Madara, so he joined Akatsuki to work as double agent for Konoha. Itachi was Anbu, and he first joined Akatsuki, and then later he massacred Uchiha.

So you have Itachi who is Akatsuki, and he has order to kill Uchiha, so he asks Obito to help out, and Obito is like sure why not.

For Obito to use entire clan as his pawns is too much. He doesn't need women and children around his hideout playing with Gedo Mazo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Obito is like he doesnt care about this world anymore . i dont see what massacring the entire uchiha clan got anything to do with the moon eye plan . how would he have predicted sasukes potential just because his brother was strong . why didnt he just kidnap the uchiha kids and train them then feed em hashirama cells and potentially harvest ms and insert it into his left socket

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi FOUND him and then made that "forced" deal with Obito. He probably agreed Itachi does not expose him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member synapse's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the key failures of the Tobito revelation is not establishing Obito's relationship with the Uchiha and the village etc etc. instead he just cares about RIN RIN RIN RIN.....screw you Kishi..

Just realized Madara doesn't know about the Uchiha massacre or Itachi. Wonder how he would feel about it.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Yugoslavia
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagine, Naruto tells Madara in fight: "You killed all Uchiha!"
    And Madara is like: "Killed who? what now? Obito what is he talking about?"
    Obito: "Yeah well, we did that sort of, on the fly, doesn't matter anyway because Moon Eye Plan will revive them all right?"
    Madara: "You idiot! Moon Eye Plan was just bullshit to drag you in, I planned to bring my clan to rule the world from the start!"
    Obito: "Ok, my bad."

9. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Having other Uchihas around may have ruined Obito's plan, that is why he killed them off with Itachi.
    But as long as we will not have another FB about this, all we can do is theoryzing.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heavenchoas View Post
    why didnt he just kidnap the uchiha kids and train them then feed em hashirama cells and potentially harvest ms and insert it into his left socket
    Exactly. A couple of Tobi's level could complete the whole plan. And some of them could possibly awaken the Rinnegan. If just one rinnegan user could destroy a village as strong as Konoha, imagine what 5 or 10 of them could do. They could take over the whole world in just a single day.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So he can have his own private, eye-ball stash.

Seriously? Strategy. You had the opportunity to take a strong piece out of the game. The only people who can control Bijuu are Uchiha and the Jinchuuriki. A young Konoha ninja called Itachi approaches you for your abilities and assistance in wiping out the Uchiha. Obito now indoctrinated with Madara's plan of world labotomization wouldn't hesitate at such an opportunity. The Uchiha were disgraced after Madara's defeat and the Kyuubi attack of 16 years ago built enough pressure to force the Uchiha to rebel against the Leaf. With the demise of the Uchiha, Itachi remaining to take the blame, and no one is the wiser about your plan, it's a win-win. The Uchiha are gone, you get some eyeballs, Itachi takes the blame, and no one can thwart your ace-in-the-hole, the bijuu. It's a brillant move and one anyone would take since this plane of existance is now dead to you.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I never could understand his reason behind murdering the clan, it could be because he was passing himself off as Madara who was betrayed by his own clan? To help Itachi kill his own people would make his guise that much more convincing. That's all I have been able to grasp. Still, this plot-hole still beats what Kishimoto is doing with the whole 'Senju DNA' logic. It's a complete gag-fest.
    Last edited by shahdan; October 26, 2012 at 04:20 PM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I share the opinion that Obito did it to limit the amount of people that could interfere with the plan. Those most likely to escape Tsukuyomi are full-blooded Uchiha who have access to the Sharingan. Meaning if anyone could oppose them it would be the Uchiha.

Granted... a Tsukuyomi powered by the 10 tails should be too powerful for ANYONE to break out, Uchiha or not... but better safe than sorry, amirite?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    Now we all know that it was Obito who helped Itachi massacre the Uchihas. But what could be his reason?
    Probably to reduce the amount of oppositions he'd get. Uchiha would have the potential to use Sharingan or Mangekyo on any of the bijuu or Juubi, making it harder for Tobi's plan to come to fruition. They also have the most chance of escaping from the ultimate genjutsu, and ruining Tobi's plans as well. I guess additional bonus was collecting any potential Sharingan or extra Sharingan.

Quote Quote:
    1. So he could recruit Itachi?
    I don't think this would make sense because the Uchihas are starting to rebel against Konoha. And with a little persuasion and a little acting the he's Madara, he could recruit all of them. And the whole Uchiha clan is definitely stronger than a single Itachi.
    I don't think he was trying to recruit Itachi. More like he wanted to destroy Konoha, but Itachi forced him to target only Uchiha.

Quote Quote:
    2. To steal their sharingan?
    Doesn't make sense also. As I have said in number 1, it's probably easy to recruit those Uchihas at that time and sharingan eyes in an Uchiha body with an Uchiha mind that is rebellious against Konoha is much much better than eyes alone.
    Those same Uchiha that could turn against Tobi. Group of 'em would probably beat Tobi. The eyes are probably backup for Izanagi, if need be.

Quote Quote:
    4. To convince Itachi that he is Madara?
    Why would he need to do that?
    He wanted to destroy Konoha as whole, not just Uchiha. If it weren't for Itachi, Konoha would have been in serious trouble because of the rebellion and Tobi attacking the village.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

If there's an Uchiha that could oppose him, give him the biggest trouble, turn against him and stop his plans, that would be Itachi. And that's not because of his strength and power. It's because he's too clever and has the clearest mind. He knows how to weigh things and analyze situations to make the best decision. That's why he chose to kill his own people than start another war. So why choose Itachi over the whole clan?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    I don't think is that simple as you say:

-Uchihas weren't insane maniacs, they were discriminated ninjas of Konoha, they planned their coup because Konoha actively discriminated them, and even then it was to regain political power.
    -Madara hates Uchiha, and Obito inherited that "hate", and considering how he didn't care about a thing, I doubt he'd care about his clan either way.
    -Itachi alone was worth way more than the entire Uchiha clan which, according to Itachi himself, lost all of his splendor anyway. Its quality over quantity.
    -We don't know what they need the wall of Sharingan for, probably its one of Madara's projects.
    We didn't get the full story behind it.
    -Sasuke was almost a sure investiment, since he was brother to a very powerful and gifted Uchiha, meaning there were good chances that he would grow up to be pretty powerful as well.
    Just like Obito manipulated Itachi, he could manipulate Sasuke as well.
    Does itachi betrayed/killed his clan because of their nonsense idea/plan? So the uchiha's coup isn't just for regain political power, but there's something more behind those plan. If itachi killed his parents and his clansmen because of their nonsense idea/plan, then the uchihas are insane maniacs.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast