Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why did Obito massacre the Uchihas?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why did Obito massacre the Uchihas?

How could obito say not to a free buffet of all the sharingans, you can get, there are different circumstance in obito's action.

Quote Originally Posted by pera2 View Post
    Imagine, Naruto tells Madara in fight: "You killed all Uchiha!"
    And Madara is like: "Killed who? what now? Obito what is he talking about?"
    Obito: "Yeah well, we did that sort of, on the fly, doesn't matter anyway because Moon Eye Plan will revive them all right?"
    Madara: "You idiot! Moon Eye Plan was just bullshit to drag you in, I planned to bring my clan to rule the world from the start!"
    Obito: "Ok, my bad."
    That will be hilarious
    Last edited by EMS; October 26, 2012 at 09:14 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    If there's an Uchiha that could oppose him, give him the biggest trouble, turn against him and stop his plans, that would be Itachi. And that's not because of his strength and power. It's because he's too clever and has the clearest mind. He knows how to weigh things and analyze situations to make the best decision. That's why he chose to kill his own people than start another war. So why choose Itachi over the whole clan?
    Itachi alone can't do anything, while a whole group of Uchiha could cause more damage. Even Itachi needed Tobi's help to take out the clan. Itachi was probably safer than an entire group or clan of Uchiha that were among the smartest clans in the world.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member synapse's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry this whole thread sounds like there was a mastermind behind the Uchiha massacre with a genius idea. But it was Obito Uchiha, you know, the baka ninja.

Seeing how the FB was developed I would think on the lines of Rin. Maybe some Uchiha took a leak on Rin's grave? and this pissed off Obito? no pun intended..hehe.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Itachi alone can't do anything, while a whole group of Uchiha could cause more damage. Even Itachi needed Tobi's help to take out the clan. Itachi was probably safer than an entire group or clan of Uchiha that were among the smartest clans in the world.
    Itachi was PRO KONOHA/ PRO PEACE that's why he killed his clan.
    The Uchihas on the other hand was trying to START A WAR AGAINST KONOHA.

What was Obito's goal? Which of the two above is wiser to kill and which is wiser to kill?

If he killed Itachi instead and revealed that the elders wanted the whole Uchiha wiped out and convinced them that he was Madara and volunteered to lead them against Konoha, wouldn't that be easier?
    There's no more strong Senjus to oppose them. They could take over the entire world, get the tailed beasts and proceed with the plan.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Krina29's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just thinking maybe Tobi felt threatened by the clan because one with sharingan can control the bijuu if I recall right. So maybe he was afraid that the clan would want to steal the bijuu after the Konoha atack to take revenge over the village because it blamed them for the Kurama atack. Just think about it? Doesn't that make a little sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    I like your sense of humour.
    Quote sigs are getting more and more mainstream.
    No way, a third quote would be creepy.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm thinking obito approached the uchiha clan/got found out by them...setup the coup with them...only for them to back out the night of the kyuubi attack...this was the motive for him to wipe them out.
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I disagree, Itachi alone showed the intelligence, the abilities and the skills to end Obito.
    The guy was the strongest Uchiha at 13, and its not like Obito did all the work in the massacre, since Itachi killed quite a few Uchihas, according to flashbacks.

Sharingan is useless against Obito, so Uchihas would be fodder just as much as those Kiri jounin Obito ended

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

>>Why did Obito massacre the Uchihas?

has to be something to do with RIN. it all makes sense now.

OMG!!!!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sanga Au79's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara is like Palpatine to Obito: Anakin then to Vader. Once he learned everything that was relevant to know he not only continued the wishes of his master, but also went on to do actions in his own right. I think through all the routes to get to his goals and his masters goals the story "circled" itself in terms of plot holes (purposefully by Kishi) and this next section is where we could possibly see Madaras real life through his memories not through dialog and hearsay.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Some have the theory of Shisui being Obito's younger brother. When Obito told the story of the Uchiha massacre to Sasuke, he didn't mention anything about Shisui. Maybe he didn't know about it, but I find it hard to believe since Obito seems to know Danzou, and Danzou seemed to know a little about Tobi as well. The whole thing's a little weird but it wouldn't surprise me if Itachi knew about "Madara", and Danzou had an idea about him as well and had a back-up plan. Because the thing that ties Obito and Nagato together along with the Uchiha massacre, is.... Danzou.

Still, his motivation behind it is anyone's guess. I think it was for revenge but I also think it was taking out anyone who could oppose his plan or 'break-free' as someone else suggested. I also think he liked having the extra eyes (though it brings to light the goofballity of Obito leaving Kakashi alone all these years....).

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Like it or not, all the Uchiha posed a threat to Tobi, mainly Itachi and Shusui with their powerful eyes. Obito was a average Uchiha at best, and yet his eyes are likely the most unique and powerful pair next to Sasuke and Madara's.

Tobi has shown fear/concern with two ninja, Itachi and Madara. He could give two shits about Nagato, Danzou, Naruto, Sasuke, etc. His plans hinged on Itachi and Madara being out of the way, no one else. Hence why the ball didn't get rolling until after Itachi died, and why he shit bricks when Kabuto brought Madara back.

And aside from getting a stockpile of eyes, Madara also eliminated people who may possibly be able to thwart the Moon's eye plan by seeing through the genjutsu with a powerful enough Sharigan.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jalix View Post
    Some have the theory of Shisui being Obito's younger brother. When Obito told the story of the Uchiha massacre to Sasuke, he didn't mention anything about Shisui. Maybe he didn't know about it, but I find it hard to believe since Obito seems to know Danzou, and Danzou seemed to know a little about Tobi as well. The whole thing's a little weird but it wouldn't surprise me if Itachi knew about "Madara", and Danzou had an idea about him as well and had a back-up plan. Because the thing that ties Obito and Nagato together along with the Uchiha massacre, is.... Danzou.

Still, his motivation behind it is anyone's guess. I think it was for revenge but I also think it was taking out anyone who could oppose his plan or 'break-free' as someone else suggested. I also think he liked having the extra eyes (though it brings to light the goofballity of Obito leaving Kakashi alone all these years....).
    Zetsu clones can act as spies and are virtually undetectable, so that, along with Madara giving Obito all his knowledge would explain how Obito/Tobi knows so much.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2