Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

22 34.38%
  • Good!

31 48.44%
  • Regular

8 12.50%
  • Boring...

1 1.56%
  • Bad!

1 1.56%
  • Fail!

1 1.56%
  • Other...

0 0%
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Fairy Tail 306 Discussion

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 306 Discussion / 307 Predictions

I kinda liked the chapter although seeing how it turned out I don't see how it is that grey's abilities were bad against rufus. Granted, rufus' ability to merge and create new magics could border in overpowered however ultimately had a counter which was perfect for it. I mean, he just went and created magic faster than what rufus could memorize it.... Isn't that a perfect counter?

What I do wonder is why rufus didn't use any of the stronger magic he had seen. Copying grey's magic is a given however he also seemed to have copied other powerful stuff. What about DF? What about natsu's flame? What about Natsu's lightning flame? I guess it comes down to just how strong sting and rogue actually were and just how rufus would compare to them. Overall rufus actually was an opponent for grey and grey has generally been just barely below natsu. Does that mean rufus is also that much stronger than sting and rogue? .

I wonder about the title... legion of hungre wolves? It seems like focus is going to change for natsu and co for a bit. Some wild animals should be no problem for natsu and mira though, I guess the issue will be protecting the defenseless girls... Anyone thinks its about time lucy learns how to deal with her key logistic issues? Even if the amount of magic she has is no longer an issue it seems like she is prone to losing her keys now. She lost them to minerva very easily and now she is defenseless without them. I wonder if learning how to ex equip stuff is viable. Keeping her keys in an alternate dimension and summoning them would altogether avoid her current situation. It would even be faster than getting them out of a pouch...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention how pimp it was when Gray put on Rufus' hat. Now thats revenge with style. I was worried that Mashima was going to start giving Gray the Musica treatment since both characters share the same design and just have him win with friendship speeches, but nope. Grap will always be my favorite out of the main character team. I hope he keeps that hat on for the rest of this round, really rubs his victory in Sabertooth's face.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, no way current Gray is close to Natsu... Natsu utterly destroyed both Sting and Rogue with just his Fire DS Magic. Gray would have lost badly to any of those two and I seriously doubt they would actually need Dragon Force.

And well, Gray's victory against Rufus was one of the dumbest even in Fairy Tail... he didn't even try to dodge Gray's last attack, when before he easily managed to dodge way quicker attacks. And also how the guy didn't use any of tons of spells he copied before... he barely used two on Gray.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Well, no way current Gray is close to Natsu... Natsu utterly destroyed both Sting and Rogue with just his Fire DS Magic. Gray would have lost badly to any of those two and I seriously doubt they would actually need Dragon Force.

And well, Gray's victory against Rufus was one of the dumbest even in Fairy Tail... he didn't even try to dodge Gray's last attack, when before he easily managed to dodge way quicker attacks. And also how the guy didn't use any of tons of spells he copied before... he barely used two on Gray.
    How do you know that the attacks he dodged before were way quicker? And by your own logic, since Rufus didn't even manage to get out more than two spells against Gray, shouldn't it be said that "Gray utterly destroyed Rufus" too?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post

Well.... in another Manga you certainly know is a guy known as Copycat who is said to know more than thousand "spells" by copying them. He didn't bother to show more than like 5 over the last years.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter was a complete fake out. You can come up with excuses but ultimately there's no reason Gray won beyond the plot demanding that he do. Seems that towards the end of the manga Fairy Tail always gets to win the day - without even being pushed back particularly.

Although its fine if we can just skip ahead to the time travel to Zeref's time. I want to see more hundred foot tall monsters on a rampage.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love how people deny victories to characters and call it plot power. It happened to Natsu destroying Sting and Rouge and now it happens to Gray.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Natsu's victory was... a tad bit over the top. If Gajeel had stayed behind, or if they'd run out of the juice needed to maintain DF mode it wouldn't have been a big deal, but 1 slayer vs 2 DF slayers seemed to be pushing it for the power of friendship win.

In Gray's case I think it was a fair win. It was established in the Eisenwald arc that Gray was noteworthy for the speed at which he worked creation magic, so he outsped another creation magic user, just one who works with memories rather than ice. It was also established in the Tower of Heaven art that copying other peoples magic doesn't necessarily make it as powerful, so someone who deals with Natsu on a daily basis should be able to deal with weaker fire magic. Also, as has been pointed out a few times before, absolutely nothing indicated that Rufus should be able to take any punishment and the way his magic works even suggests that durability/defense shouldn't have been something he had much of.

So Natsu's victory-as it was handled-was either plot or nakama power, but Gray won fair and square.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member adbanginwar's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    Natsu's victory was... a tad bit over the top. If Gajeel had stayed behind, or if they'd run out of the juice needed to maintain DF mode it wouldn't have been a big deal, but 1 slayer vs 2 DF slayers seemed to be pushing it for the power of friendship win.

In Gray's case I think it was a fair win. It was established in the Eisenwald arc that Gray was noteworthy for the speed at which he worked creation magic, so he outsped another creation magic user, just one who works with memories rather than ice. It was also established in the Tower of Heaven art that copying other peoples magic doesn't necessarily make it as powerful, so someone who deals with Natsu on a daily basis should be able to deal with weaker fire magic. Also, as has been pointed out a few times before, absolutely nothing indicated that Rufus should be able to take any punishment and the way his magic works even suggests that durability/defense shouldn't have been something he had much of.

So Natsu's victory-as it was handled-was either plot or nakama power, but Gray won fair and square.
    atleast in Natsu's case; they were showed pushed back for a while. The gray's fight was over in in just over 3 pages. it seems weird that the tough opponent they thought Rufus to be was defeated by Gray so fast. what next Erza pulling blumenbatt on unsheathed sword girl and finish the fight in one panel.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nike Takeuchi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

bunch new characters...good or bad? archidos turns out to be a pure good fellow...that was quite surprising~ and the Sabertoooth drama was just ridiculous!!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

crimsonlink310
    Well, 90% of FT victories is mostly plot-power of friendship. Can't you agree with this?
    The same fight between Gray and Ultear and especially Azuma against Elza. The last one was the most ridiculous I've even seen.
    Also, Natsu's DS magic was actually reffered as very strong in the begining of the manga. It was Natsu who mostly took out the strongest opponents in every Arc and he is also main hero. He also now not only has his own DS Magic that got two times stronger after Ultear's power-up, but another DS Magic and their combo, so obviously he is way stronger than Gray. Of course his victory over Sting and Rouge was a big surprise, but for Gray to win this one and especially in such one-sided fashion...

Morlun
    Well, going by what was shown in the last chapter Gray destroyed Rufus. Not utterly, but still. Still, for me there is no logic in this...Gray was actually shown quite useless after timeskip and here against the guy who can actually destroy Gray with tons of spells who are also stronger than Gray's, the author makes an illogical way to take out Rufus... No matter how you look at it it's a bad writing...

P.S. About new chapter...
    It was quite good. So we are getting a special ops to fight Natsu and Co... Well, I actually doubt they are strong enough to give hard time to Natsu and Mira... And if we add Wendy and L:ucy, this should be quite easy for them. But you never know with FT.)
    Also even though Arcadios is shown like this in the current chapter, I'm still not sure if he is a good or bad. He might still turn to be either of the two possibilities.
    And in the next chapter we are going to witness Natsu's, Mira's, Wendy's and Lucy's power and see how good their opponents are.

wooticus
    Well, the differense between Kakashi and Rufus is that Kakashi is low on chakra, while Rufus seems to be quite strong in terms of magical power... And is reffered among the strongest mages currently. Well, his magic obviously makes him one of the strongest.
    Last edited by Jorge D. Dragon; November 09, 2012 at 03:00 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

307 is out already and still the thread is closed... strange...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member adbanginwar's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

it is out on mangapanda as well http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/307/1

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6