Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Name for new archive?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coffin of Eternal Darkness

1 10.00%
  • Vault of Sacred Treasures

2 20.00%
  • Holy Knigh' Archives

1 10.00%
  • Fairy King's Forest

1 10.00%
  • Baste Dungeon

0 0%
  • Capital of the Dead

4 40.00%
  • Forest of White Dreams

1 10.00%
  • Boar Hat Bar

4 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Nanatsu no Taizai Hangout Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member there76's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanatsu no Taizai Hangout Thread

So what is King's actual form?
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic171590_1.gif

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The child one, as he wanted to look older later on being bound to his eternal young appearance. His gaiden/origin story does show him to be young in chapter 73.5.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My love for this series is becoming overwhelming and I don't know what to do about it...It doesn't have a game yet, I'm not aware of any collectables relating to the series, the books aren't coming out fast enough...what should I do guys?

I don't know if anyone has brought this up (if they have forgive me), but I've been thinking about the 7 Heavenly Virtues and thinking about how the author could incorporate them into the series, when I realized that, from what we've seen, the Sins actually embody these Virtues. In the cases we've seen, these virtues often inadvertently led to their wrongful judgement and imprisonment.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure the sins actually embody the virtues. I guess the case can be made that meliodas embodies temperance but there are plenty of other things which do hint at him being wrath itself. Getting angry sets him loose and his ability full counter fits wrath perfectly. I mean, it is not returning what you receive, you return attacks stronger than they were. Ban deserves a parade considering the actual events surrounding his "sin" however he does embody greed perfectly well through his selfishness, ability and certain antics. Perhaps diane can be said to embody envy pretty well... She consistently wants to be small and her ability allows her to take control of her surroundings... King does not really fit sloth IMO. His sin happened while he was amnesiac... We know little about gowther, it would be weird that he is actually capable of lust...

Anyways, it would be interesting that the final enemies in the series, perhaps stronger demons.... Anyways, the issue here would be that enemies possessing the virtues or being assigned them for doing something related to them would be weird. On the other hand they can simply be titles... My only issue here would be whether the sins actually get to fight their opposite. It would be kinda boring for an arc but perhaps would make interesting situational enemies.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Embody was too strong a word, but they do have these qualities in their character, along with their "sins". It's a subtle mix, in my opinion, with their powers being the most overt reference to their sin.

Wrath-Temperance/Patience- Meliodas has never willingly killed anyone until he fought Dale. In the flashback with what's her face told by Cain, it was said he never used swords or anything because he knew his powers were too strong. He forgave the dude in the village that poisoned him and didn't even think about revenge. He tries to end things without any death. Back to Dale, he waited 'till the last possible moment to take out Dale, and even then it can be considered a mercy killing. Mercy being something associated with the virtue. While Full Counter does send back the attack stronger, it's still the opponents attack being reflected. Meliodas can't initiate the attack on his own. He's pretty much reflecting their wrath back on them, so whlie it isn't his wrath, it still deals with wrath. He does have his own wrathful moments though, like when he punched the dude who beat up Elizabeth. But he didn't kill him, although he easily could have. Melidodas, for the most part, is relatively peaceful.

Envy-Kindness- Diane, despite being envious of many things, still puts herself on the line for innocents. She is befriends people easily and goes out of her way to protect people, even at the cost of her own well being. We've seen this several times in the series. Hell, she bonded with and is very trustful of Elizabeth, someone who is pretty much her main rival for Meliodas' affection. Creation does just what it says. It gives her the ability to create what she doesn't have out of earth. She made Loin and Filet when she was lonely and wanted friends.

Greed-Charity- In the biblical reference, charity is often with love and self-sacrifice. That whole deal with Elaine was just that. Despite knowing her for just 7 days, Ban was willing to spend the rest of his soon to be immortal life with her before the demon came and even die for her when the demon destroyed the forest. Everything he is doing is to bring back Elaine. When he first stole the knife from the doctor's daughter what did he do immediately after? Well, he gave her freedom. Snatch? Well, self explanatory.

Sloth-Diligence- King floats around on a pillow all day and tends to not involve himself in other peoples matters. Sounds sloth like to me. However, on the flip side, we know he did a pretty good job defending his people in the fairy and went out of his way to save Helbram and his fellow fairies that were captured. He stayed with Diane and even now, continues to hold up his promise he made to her all those years ago. In one night, he retunred all of the stolen stuffed animals that Ban stole back to the kingdom's children. We've never seen him back down from a fight or feign injury or anything to get out of one as he's sees it to the end. He's always around to do his job as a knight when his comrades need him. He's come in for the save many times. You and I already know there is nothing much to say about Disaster. If it does relate to his sin, I guess I could go back to my theory of it making innate things active.

Lust-Chastity/Purity- We don't know much about Gowther so some of this is pure speculation. I'm of the opinion that he is a homunculus, so while he looks human and can think, he still lacks emotions and whatnot. I'm assuming his sin deals with his creator and his own naivety on human interaction, which got him into trouble. He tends to view things on a purely logical level he doesn't deal with lies or fabrications, which makes him pure in that manner. Similar to a child. From what we've seen, Gowther has a bit of a lust for knowledge, specifically, anything dealing with humans and their interactions, something we've seen in his mini chapter. Invasion allows him to pretty much delve deep into people's minds to read and control them. Human beings are nothing but books to him so that he can add to his own pool of knowledge.

Pride-Humilty- Not much to go on for this, but I think that kid on the bottom might be a hint at Escanor's true personality.

Last edited by eefrit; May 03, 2014 at 12:21 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/232499/...ed-hawk-neo/19

This is a page which always bothered me. Why does dreyfus say he had no intention of killing zarathras? I guess he could have been lying but it is a bit of a weird development considering everything. On the other hand hendricksen suggested it was dreyfus' idea to set up the sins and kill zarathras. Wonder what the deal here is...

Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/232499/...ed-hawk-neo/19

This is a page which always bothered me. Why does dreyfus say he had no intention of killing zarathras? I guess he could have been lying but it is a bit of a weird development considering everything. On the other hand hendricksen suggested it was dreyfus' idea to set up the sins and kill zarathras. Wonder what the deal here is...

It's not confusing to me, especially after the recent chapters. Dreyfus wanted to be GHK and had always been envious of his brother Zarathras, who was adored and a powerful knight. Enter Hendricksen, who promised him a way to reach that which his heart desired; naively believing it'd probably involve embroiling his brother in some scandal or incident that would ruin his reputation and open a way for him. I don't think he ever believed it would lead to his brother's death, which was a convenience for Hendricksen; who had planned something even bigger than simply murder.

I think though over time, Dreyfus has at least visibly moved away from the guilt of his brother's death in order to be a great holy knight, but deep down, he feels very responsible.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    It's not confusing to me, especially after the recent chapters. Dreyfus wanted to be GHK and had always been envious of his brother Zarathras, who was adored and a powerful knight. Enter Hendricksen, who promised him a way to reach that which his heart desired; naively believing it'd probably involve embroiling his brother in some scandal or incident that would ruin his reputation and open a way for him. I don't think he ever believed it would lead to his brother's death, which was a convenience for Hendricksen; who had planned something even bigger than simply murder.

I think though over time, Dreyfus has at least visibly moved away from the guilt of his brother's death in order to be a great holy knight, but deep down, he feels very responsible.
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/217706/...red-hawk-neo/8

But it was not hendricksen that proposed to kill zarathras, at least according to hendricksen. I am thinking that perhaps it has something to do with whatever gowther ran into when fighting dreyfus. Maybe it was that other person/thing/personality that orchestrated the whole thing?

MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nico Brown's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/217706/...red-hawk-neo/8

But it was not hendricksen that proposed to kill zarathras, at least according to hendricksen. I am thinking that perhaps it has something to do with whatever gowther ran into when fighting dreyfus. Maybe it was that other person/thing/personality that orchestrated the whole thing?
    I think Hendricksen was just being snarky or in other words just being a dick lol. It is possible (and highly likely) that it was Dreyfus' second personality or whatever that actually did the deed and regular Dreyfus was unwilling or couldn't do anything to stop himself.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanatsu no Taizai spin-off will start in the september issue (09/08) of Bessatsu Shonen Magazine .

Credits to Heiji

Wow a spin-off already? XD Really curious to see what it's going to be about.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Who do you think will star in this spin-off? I bet it will be Guila.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would actually think it is going to be about arthur. The guy with arthur made the point that arthur was meant to lead humanity or something. However this is a bit of an issue considering such a role seems to be of equal importance to that of a main character. It makes sense that we get to see how arthur gets to be that important in a spin off. He would get to do it without interfering with meliodas' own importance so to speak.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nico Brown's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I also think its a spinoff about Arthur. Similar to how Magi has the Sinbad early adventures.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I would prefer a story about Arthur rather than Guila but I have doubts because he is a newly introduced character ven if he was cited in the first chapters. Spin offs have a tendency to star popular charactesrs5 like Sinbad from Magi, I don't know how popular Guila is but she has a special chapter and recently joined the Sins.

Still, a story about these 2 would be far better than one about the Sins(hopefully they won't do that).

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, he is a newly introduced character however in context and considering what his companion said he is without a doubt the most important person in the manga. I mean, nanatsu no taizai is based of arthurian legend, it is arthur's legends we are seeing. Arthur might even be more important than meliodas himself if we consider everything. More so, arthur was in many ways a pretty basic shonen hero and he is destined to lead britania. It only makes sense he would get his own manga.

New Reply
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast