Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Name for new archive?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coffin of Eternal Darkness

1 10.00%
  • Vault of Sacred Treasures

2 20.00%
  • Holy Knigh' Archives

1 10.00%
  • Fairy King's Forest

1 10.00%
  • Baste Dungeon

0 0%
  • Capital of the Dead

4 40.00%
  • Forest of White Dreams

1 10.00%
  • Boar Hat Bar

4 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Nanatsu no Taizai Hangout Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanatsu no Taizai Nanatsu no Taizai Hangout Thread

Nanatsu no Taizai
    By: Nakaba Suzuki
    Genre: Action, Comedy, Shonen, Supernatural
    Serialized In: Weekly Shonen Magazine

Don't be fooled by the title, the 7 deadly sins are powerful beings who tried to make a coup 10 years ago and are wanted by some holy knights since then. But these holy knights may not be the good guys they pretend to be and the seven warriors may be the ones that help save the country.
    Add a princess in distress, a talking pig and a typical shonen boy hero and you have quite a good first chapter. I won't say it is very original and the revelations of the end were quite obvious, yet it was fun to read with good humor and flashy actions so I'm looking for the next chapters

By the Mangaka of Kongou Banchou
    Last edited by Doraku; October 27, 2012 at 09:15 AM.

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [New] Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

Read the first chapter and it does appeal me. The concept itself is generic but interesting. The basic importance of a first chapter: is a setting with potential well introduced? I would say, I will read the second chapter which will determine the pace, etc

And the art reminds me somewhat of dragonball x arago tbh
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

First chapter was alright, I think there's a lot of room for improvement but I liked it enough to keep going for now.

I'm always impressed by how much range Suzuki has though, it feels like almost all his manga have been completely different.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

read the first chapter cant say i am overly impressed but need at least 5 chapters in my opinion to make heads and tails. might suprise thou i am not holding my breath about it since didnt get that wibe.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

The second chapter was good but nothing more. You can not judge the story yet because it is just beginning. The hero is the observing, listening type and he acts on what he sees and hears.

I don't believe that the current villain is already a holy knight. He's probably a stronger opponent but if the holy knights are the strongest then, like the deadly sins, they will appear later. Or it must be that in the current hierarchy there are things stronger than the holy knights
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 3 was good. That was one helluva spear throw. Fights in this manga have the potential to get ridiculous. Imagine how things will be when the fights get serious.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the author wanted to draw crazy battles that badly that he did them immediately in case the manga was cancelled too soon :-)
    I don't know how it can go on the long run but so far it's part of the charm of the manga. The only thing that annoys me is the girl though.
    Judging by the title of next chapter it seems a new sin will appear. I wonder if it will be a kid too

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Maybe the author wanted to draw crazy battles that badly that he did them immediately in case the manga was cancelled too soon :-)
    I don't know how it can go on the long run but so far it's part of the charm of the manga. The only thing that annoys me is the girl though.
    Judging by the title of next chapter it seems a new sin will appear. I wonder if it will be a kid too
    What's wrong with Elizabeth? I think she's likeable enough for what we know of her.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well she looks a bit to much like hundredth of others shonen girls. I mean the princess in distress, the clumsy waistress... so far I miss something that catch my interest in her

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Well she looks a bit to much like hundredth of others shonen girls. I mean the princess in distress, the clumsy waistress... so far I miss something that catch my interest in her
    I guess I can see what you mean, but at least this way she has a lot of room to grow. In this chapter alone, she almost lost her confidence, but reaffirmed her goal. So I'll only have a problem with her if she stays exactly this way throughout the course of the entire manga. And better this than she be a tsundere or little miss perfect.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

any1 catch the camelot and arthur thing on the bar scene? do you think this will turn in to another retelling of king arthur or do you think it was just some sort of humor from the mangaka?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 3 was cool.

I agree about Elizabeth though, she isn't all that interesting so far. Hopefully she gets some interesting character development as it goes on.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cearon View Post
    any1 catch the camelot and arthur thing on the bar scene? do you think this will turn in to another retelling of king arthur or do you think it was just some sort of humor from the mangaka?
    To me it was more a joke since it was supposed to be random conversations but who knows.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic Tomahawk View Post
    Chapter 3 was cool.

I agree about Elizabeth though, she isn't all that interesting so far. Hopefully she gets some interesting character development as it goes on.
    Well, I expect that to happen. Check FT's first chapters and you have the same issue with Lucy

I loved the spear part. It was awesome to see how Meliodas (?) handled it. The difficulty he had to overcome was pretty cool to see. You knew that he would be able stopping the spear but when, when, when... Anyway, it is an adventure manga because they have to find the other deadly sins

---------- Post added November 20, 2012 at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was November 17, 2012 at 10:23 AM ----------

The second deadly sin has been introduced. It is a woman but she is a giant I am liking this manga, you can feel it has more potential since it feels less generic. I wonder if the lord prefix is an expression towards the legendary status of the deadly sins or if they were real lords. It is telling a story and the adventure might become more intriguing. It was funny how meliodas handled all those fake Elizabeth.
    Last edited by Koen; November 20, 2012 at 04:27 AM.
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny if not a little bit slow chapter. I wonder how long this manga can last on this premise? We are on the fourth chapter and they only need to find 5 more of the 7 Deadly Sins. Then I guess they will fight the strongest of the Holy Knights and take back the kingdom. Well, Kongou Banchou expanded beyond it's initial premise pretty well, so I guess the author can do it for this manga too.

New Reply
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast