Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Name for new archive?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coffin of Eternal Darkness

1 10.00%
  • Vault of Sacred Treasures

2 20.00%
  • Holy Knigh' Archives

1 10.00%
  • Fairy King's Forest

1 10.00%
  • Baste Dungeon

0 0%
  • Capital of the Dead

4 40.00%
  • Forest of White Dreams

1 10.00%
  • Boar Hat Bar

4 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Nanatsu no Taizai Hangout Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

I really want to see the top Holy Knights, bacause with the strengh of the current knights I can not see how they manage to make the Seven Sins run away and hide.
    please click on them to help them grow.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by masgrande View Post
    I really want to see the top Holy Knights, bacause with the strengh of the current knights I can not see how they manage to make the Seven Sins run away and hide.
    Well, that's the thing. I don't believe that the very strong holy knights would hide their faces. There must be some hierarchy among what's called the holy knights. These four are interesting enough to slow down meliodas and co but nothing more either.

They aren't even in serious mode. Ban has everything to become the most favourite sin, I like the Hisoka analogy someone made. Ban kept himself imprisoned till he got the sign of life of Meliodas, he made the four believe otherwise. Cool
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner jues's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just finished reading all the chapters released and I have to say that this one is a definite recommendation for everyone who likes adventure mangas. The story reminds me a lot of Ubel Blatt and isn't really anything special, but the definite strengths of this story are fun, engaging characters and well designed battles. I wrote a bit longer review of Nanatsu no Taizai here.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Just about to start this series and I see it's by the author of Rising Impact and Ultra Red. My excitement for reading this series just doubled.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I had time for 2 days away from work and so after hearing the songs of praise about this especially from k-dom (i mean man makes more "pimpimg" for the series than kodansha is ), i still am not so sure about this 1. I was exiceted about this when i 1st heard about it being a fan of kongou banchou but this 1 doesnt put anything new. Everything in the manga is clichés and tried nad true storylines. Ban is a character introduced to be liked. Elizabeth is well let me just say elizabeth otherwise it may get ugly.... Holy Knights are villains with the personality and intelligence of 80s TV shows and without the charm.

Considering the most interesting char in the series so far is the pig, I am extremely curious of sales figures.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I don't mind clichés when they are done well. This is a shonen and it's aim is to be entertaining. The characters are funny and you get fond of them easily. The fights are flashy. The only lacking so far is a big villain but it's only the start

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

ooh, dont get me wrong for the clché part, i mean we would be hard pressed to find 1 shounen entirely original( i am not even sure we could make 50%). I just expected it to have some sort of twist or something. For now they are out of "How to Write Shounen" guide. It doesnt mean it is not readable it just wont be ,for me, that much of a issue to catch up to it weekly basis. What may happen in the future s anybodies guess thou.

For the villain some might say it is already late.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

A chapter to conclude this arc. Nothing happened that much but I am interested in how meliodas and the doctor healed fast. Does Elizabeth have some unknow secret powers. I also wonder if the pig might be a manifestation of some curse. These things are really possibilities
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    A chapter to conclude this arc. Nothing happened that much but I am interested in how meliodas and the doctor healed fast. Does Elizabeth have some unknow secret powers. I also wonder if the pig might be a manifestation of some curse. These things are really possibilities
    I know what you mean here, the eerie feeling I got and that was displayed around this page, gave a sort of menacing evil presence. Also there's the look Ban gives him in the following page that suggests he's thinking something. At this point, nothing suggests he's more than a talking but so I don't want to jump to conclusions here.

Nothing outstanding beyond the healing wounds happened in this chapter, though the party scene with Ban and Hork getting drunk was quite fun and also Diane and Elizabeth's talk was quite endearing. The character standing atop the stack of rocks in that page before last intrigues me....

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes a nice transition chapter. It's interesting to see the future opponents on the double spread, I hope they will be some serious adversaries among them.

And it seems the 3 color spreads were not completely undeserved, volume 1 ranked 13 in the oricon. 38 581, Yamada only did 16 945.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure there are much stronger Holy Knights to come ahead for sure, I think 1 or 2 of the ones we saw on that page had been introduced before though.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member vampire killer's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post

And it seems the 3 color spreads were not completely undeserved, volume 1 ranked 13 in the oricon. 38 581, Yamada only did 16 945.
    the funny thing is that it sold 41,915 its second week.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

In fact since it was out the 15th, the first week was only 3 days so that explains why it did more the second week.

As for new chapter, it seems like it is a recurring joke that the sin do not look like their bounty poster at all :-) I also wonder what kind of race he is and if it is related to the fact that he can levitate. The fact that he seems to be an enemy now is intriguing. From what Ban said, they may have had issue before but then why would Melodias look for him ?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quite a nice twist to have a Sin a villain, how he became to work with the Kingdom and Gilthunder is still up for debate and to be seen. Had he been a traitor prior to their fall or is this a recent matter?

Now to this page:
    Spoiler show

Wowwwie! The other's don't seem to be able to see the manifestation of the sword, so I'd guess it's either targeted enemies or just animals. Such a cool page though.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    As for new chapter, it seems like it is a recurring joke that the sin do not look like their bounty poster at all :-) I also wonder what kind of race he is and if it is related to the fact that he can levitate.
    This page from 10 years ago shows that he was quite chubby and short, granted though his face is not shown, he seems to have changed quite a bit since then.

New Reply
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast