Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Name for new archive?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coffin of Eternal Darkness

1 10.00%
  • Vault of Sacred Treasures

2 20.00%
  • Holy Knigh' Archives

1 10.00%
  • Fairy King's Forest

1 10.00%
  • Baste Dungeon

0 0%
  • Capital of the Dead

4 40.00%
  • Forest of White Dreams

1 10.00%
  • Boar Hat Bar

4 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Nanatsu no Taizai Hangout Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

Okay, we pretty much surmised everything that was revealed. Only new piece of info is that Elle was King's sister. But there still must be more to the story. Ban doesn't deny it, but I just can't believe he murdered her in cold blood to gain immortality.

Interesting that that woman killed herself to get to the Capital of the Dead. That could mean that she is okay with a suicide mission, or that there are ways to come back to life.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

About Elle, Ban and King
    Spoiler show

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the way to reach Superman's hideout! that gal hyped me, i must recognized her as awesome.

About King, it was one of the most used cliches ever, revenge by a sibling killed, i suppose won't like him either, still there is no character that i really like, so the slow plot alone will not eager to read more chapters, hope things get a little faster.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you really serious when you speak of slow plot ? There are already 4 of the sins after only 20 chapters. Unless they were all at the same place it couldn't have been faster. Fast pace starts is what ruins most bad adventure manga in my opinion.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Are you really serious when you speak of slow plot ? There are already 4 of the sins after only 20 chapters. Unless they were all at the same place it couldn't have been faster. Fast pace starts is what ruins most bad adventure manga in my opinion.
    They are still collecting friend, isn't? The plot is going by the idea of the first chapter, about the betrayal we don't know a thing, there's a legend to put some seasoning to next chapters which at least is something, the sins are kicking ass and Holy Knights don't give a fuck about them and not even the princess cares for them.
    Also, the adventure is the last thing Suzuki is trying to express in this manga. They look out for the dead country, reach it by chance, a girl kills herself to get in there, still nothing is said about why has to be only one place to reach... so to me this is not even a research which is very important to a proper adventure.

Btw, sorry K-dom, i said the slow-pace to put in top the characters which i think they're a boring. Also think Nanatsu is a bad copy of Legend of Maian, but this is solely for me, it isn't really a problem.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing close with legend of Maian is a strong character followed by some disciples. But in the Manhua they appear really late in the story. So why this one rather than many other comics which follow this pattern?

And they didn't get in the city by chance. Ban allowed them to get there thanks to his relation with King sister which is dead.
    And what is the point in explaining the important mysteries at the start ? Did Oda explain what is One Piece, did Mashima explained why the dragons disappeared ?

All in all, you are someone who is quite difficult to satisfy in general and I have yet to understand what you find interesting. I can only suggest you to stop reading the serie. That's what I do when I have no interest in the characters or the plot.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    The only thing close with legend of Maian is a strong character followed by some disciples. But in the Manhua they appear really late in the story. So why this one rather than many other comics which follow this pattern?

And they didn't get in the city by chance. Ban allowed them to get there thanks to his relation with King sister which is dead.
    And what is the point in explaining the important mysteries at the start ? Did Oda explain what is One Piece, did Mashima explained why the dragons disappeared ?

All in all, you are someone who is quite difficult to satisfy in general and I have yet to understand what you find interesting. I can only suggest you to stop reading the serie. That's what I do when I have no interest in the characters or the plot.
    But the characters were endearing. Protagonisty made a good duo and they complement each other shortcomings.

Well, meeting the children was chance isn't?
    They had not to follow the patter of other shonen, huh?

I thank your interest, something that catch me inmediately is comedy. I love to laugh, for example you can see me talking in Magi or Tower of God, i laugh a lot with those series... but there series that are well made in a narrative way that without comedy catch me, an example will be Kaiji. About your suggestion, there's friends reading it, and i like to comment with them, commenting crap, but still being part of them xD

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a really good reading. The drawings are pretty nice; tho still in development, the plot intrigued me far enough, and it seems to be well planned (the world-building seems to be solid); the characters are well balanced with interesting variations among them. I share my hypothesis:

- I think that Hawk is a suspect pork. Seriously, the events of 10 years ago seemed to be a trap for the sins, and Hawk was with Melodias when he awakened right after those events ... Why? That damn pork... I would make a BBQ with it and the mother...

- Melodias didn't change his face in 10 years, which surprised King. And King seems to rejuvenate like 10 years. Those two facts could be connected, like if in the events from 10 years ago something with the time would happened to both of them. One of the incoming sins could have the look of a mature guy with 10 years more than he should be now.

- Ban didn't deny he killed Ellen, but he neither affirmed. There are three panels the provide us with hints about the relationship between Ban and Ellen: (1) when he saw little Elain/Ellen in the empy village, he thought inmediatelly she was Ellen (King's sister); (2) his face reveling that the memory that opened the path to the city of death was his memory of Ellen: there was sadness in his eyes, and the memory should had to be a priceless memory of the deseased: a kind of memory you could have only for a beloved person; and (3) his chase after Ellen in the city of death.

My guesses about both of them are: For the way he runs after Ellen, he seems to have some not solved business with her. Also, he accepted he's immortal. If Ellen's murder is the only way to get immortality, my guess is that he did killed her, but he didn't want to do it. That would explain the sadness in his eyes and all the thing about the priceless memory and the try to reach her to say something to her, or to do something with her...

A question I have: why Elizabeth's wounds didn't get magically healed, while Melodias and the Doctor's ones did? All wounds were caused by the knights, on the same battle, so I couldn't understand it.
    Last edited by ukimix; March 29, 2013 at 11:12 PM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently, Nanatsu no Taizai is getting a special 41 page chapter in issue 20 and lead color page as well.

This series has been getting a lot of color pages for the amount of time it has been in serialization. I'm not familiar with WSM and their policies, but it would seem that they are either giving it a push in hopes of making it a success, or rewarding it for its already existing success. It went off the Oricon charts with like 80,000 copies sold of its first volume(and probably sold a few more off the charts). I think that is pretty good for a first volume by WSM standards.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Ban was watching the girl (Kinkg's sister) when he was turned into a statue.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

So Diane confirmed to be a full-blown Earth Bender....And I'm still kind of disappointed in the fight choreography and abilities compared to Kongou Banchou...

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Since when Nanatsu's characters are using a special technique? I lack that part, it was kind of new to me.

The Holy Knight killed herself because her life has no meaning comparing it with realm's cause.
    Ban is looking the differences of the previous and the present King... all the chapter looking and talking.

It not happened much in this one. Let's see how the girl will interfere... but mostly Ban kicking ass would be way better, if he stops gazing obviously.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Since almist the begining...
    All the holy knights had one and Diane used her the first time to kill the insects some chapters ago. But I agree it would be nice to have a better underqtanding how magic works in this world.

Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh... from the beggining, thanks K-dom.

Surely i didn't noticed because i thought that if they use magic, they are able to full manipulate the enviroment, the energy and matter, and his body capacities... like in Gilthunder and Meliodas sword game. This makes me recall Naruto way to much.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool chapter...

Geera has a lot of information on whom she is fighting. She knows the abilities and the powers of Diane and Meliodas pretty well. I am very satisfied as a reader because we finally got to know some of sins' secrets. It is obvious that she won't defeat the sins and I wouldn't be surprised if she would be defeated but chances are very high that she'll survive it because she is dead anyway (contradictory, I know).

It is very possible that Ban saw ellen before he was petrified. Ban can see her whereas, King can't. Maybe, it is one of those reasons he smirked
    Last edited by Koen; April 08, 2013 at 02:07 PM.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

New Reply
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast