Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Name for new archive?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coffin of Eternal Darkness

    1 10.00%
  • Vault of Sacred Treasures

    2 20.00%
  • Holy Knigh' Archives

    1 10.00%
  • Fairy King's Forest

    1 10.00%
  • Baste Dungeon

    0 0%
  • Capital of the Dead

    4 40.00%
  • Forest of White Dreams

    1 10.00%
  • Boar Hat Bar

    4 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 415

Thread: Nanatsu no Taizai Hangout Thread

  1. #136
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

    Quote Originally Posted by MattC302 View Post
    Why did you quote me, but not address anything I said in the quote?
    I read "why Ban looked older", instead of "why King looked older". Sorry.

    ---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    What amazes me in Nanatsu no Taizai is that its world has more hidden secrets than we can expect. The gaiden story hinted at that because clans were mentioned and in last chapter King asked about the sacred treasure. Well, Ban is an undead and I wouldn't be surprised if he is looking for some hidden spell, magic, cla, etc which can make him dead again. The gaiden has proven that Ban is a good willed person.

    I look forward to more exploration of nanatsu no taizai's world
    What you say reminds me of this:

    Quote Quote:
    "How else can one threaten, other than with death? The interesting, the original thing, would be to threaten someone with immortality." Jorge Luis Borges
    Yes, inmortality can be a curse, as it's suggested in this Borges's quote. He wrote a marvellous tale, The inmortal, about a guy who drinks water of a river which gave him immortality, and spend the years looking for a second river which will make him mortal again. It's interesting because in many religions the immortality is viewed in a positive way. Now I'm curious about what will bring Nanatsu on this respect.

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #137
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    822
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

    Pretty cool chapter. I liked the way the powers were explained. Having the weapons doesn't magically and undeservedly add to their power, it just makes them able to access the full power they already have....well, I guess in the end it is kind of the same thing, but it just sounds better this way.

    I'm curious about how this new generation of Holy Knights is gaining power seemingly over night. I bet Elizabeth's sister has turned "bad" like Gilthunder from whatever is allowing them to power up.

    And once again Elizabeth earns points with me. Call it stupid, but her act of courage was noble. She didn't even have to think twice. She wasn't going to let even a citizen that was willing to give her up die.

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #138
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

    King getting all lovey dovey with Diane is always very funny.
    Elisabeth was again the courageous princess who sacrifice herself. I wonder what is her relationship with her sisters. It doesn't seem like ceronica is allied to the knights and their coup against their father. Also she must be quite strong to face one head on like that (or else it is a family trait)

  6. #139
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

    A lot of information on this nice chapter mostly about the kingdom of Leoneth. The kingdom gave the treasures to the sins. Also the kingdom suffer a coup d'état. The sins was expeting that the knights would be protecting the people, but after the Coup d'état, the kings have been preparing for some kind of war. The kings are not loyal to the royal family. Tho, Griamor didn't end the line, I guess he was going to say the name of the character or the organization that organized the coup d'état.

    So I would take MattC302 bet, because the knights are the ones to have suffer the transformation god->bad, not the members of the royal family. Notice that Veronika is complaining about the fact that the knights or someone else make the poster about her sister: coup d'état, the knights, the posters with a member of the royal family, all of it should have to be part of a single plan.

    The chapter also explains why some of the knights seems to be rookies, like the ones who fight ban in the prison, as well as, the assertion Helbram said in the sense Geera was not ready to face the sins. There are rookies just ready and also experienced knights like Gilthunder, Helbram and Griamor.

    Possibly the war is about to begin should be that one announced at the end of Ch 16, between darkness and light. Since that war is related to this guy, possibly he and his army (the criminals who are gathering together), are the rivals of the knights, and their preparation is to face that menace.

    I wonder about the relationship between all this events and what happened 10 years ago, in the night Melodias lost his memory.
    Last edited by ukimix; May 04, 2013 at 10:47 PM.

  7. #140
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Chile
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    879
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

    So the Knights are made from experimentation. They commit his honor to gain new powers, very human attitude... besides this, nothing much happened.

  8. #141
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

    The nerd comment...

    Quote Quote:
    what if, in your dream, you went to Heaven
    and there plucked a rare and beautiful flower?
    And what if, when you awoke, you had the flower in your hand?
    Ah, what then?
    --- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    I'm just enchant with the story of Ban. In a short essay about this beautiful fiction by Coleridge, Borges wrote that it has the integrity and the unity of a terminus ad quem. You can't add or substract a word with out diminishing its beauty... That could almost be said about the story of Ban. Lets outline the essentials.

    - A powerful warrior search for the fountain of immortality...
    - When he finds it, the source is defended by a powerful guard.
    - They fight and in the fight they argue about their motives... and in the dispute, they fall in love with each other.
    - When they are loving each other, a second warrior comes to take the fountain
    - As a result of the battle, the lovers are going to be killed, but in the moment of their death she gives her lover the fountain of immortality...
    - With the fountain's power, the warrior beats the murderer of his sweetheart.
    - Now he is immortal,... but at the same time he has lost what he cares the most. (In the case of Ban, he wanted to live longer to see if something good could happen to him, but to get immontality he had to pass over the most painful experience, which is a tragic paradox).
    - With the times and with the battles, the immortal warrior discovers a way to arrive to the world where dead ones go once they die. He goes there and finds his beloved...
    - After a moment of joy, he's rejected by that world, since he's still and forever alive ... So sad...
    And now what?...

    Well, now it would be nice if we witness the struggle this immortal warrior is about to give to be able to die and rejoin, again, with his beloved lady. Just, the perfect plot... a terminus ad quem . (I have to say it: If you were able to tell this story to some ladies in the site with out spoiling the story, we could get more women reading with us this fantastic comic)



    A comment aside. Sacred is not secret, but it would be nice if Ban's sacred treasure would be his book of ale labels:

    Spoiler show
    Last edited by ukimix; May 10, 2013 at 10:03 AM.

  9. #142
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    822
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

    Melodias was kind of awesome this chapter. Knocking out that Holy Knight before the teacup hit the ground.

    Not sure how I feel about his shadow/inner demon thing yet. I just hope it's nothing like a Jinchuriki like in Naruto or anything too cliche like that.

    I wonder what the necklace that Veronica gave Elizabeth is suppose to do? A tracker perhaps?

  10. #143
    Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

    Loved this chapter a lot:

    - the mindgame of Veronica towards her sister: the mangaka did a very good job because he managed to give me the same feelings as Elizabeth. I have some blind faith in the sins too.
    - meliodas: he was kinda different that other times. Determined, serious but on the other hand frightening too. His eyes and stare were different.
    - the cup of tea scene: it gave more suspense to the fight between the holy knight and meliodas. You could feel that Meliodas was going to win before the cup hit the ground. But what was its reason: was he invisible for Elizabeth during that scene?

    The last page is frightening en raises some questions
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

  11. #144
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

    I have been hesitating about Melodias always touching Eli: is that abuse or what? Why doesn't she say or do something about it? The answer is obvious: she likes it. The cover page, the panel in which Melodias, upset and determined, choose to go for Eli and the panel with their hands, make it clear. They love and like each other. Even the quick fight is like music of violines for their love. As the teacup falls, Eli rises his head, and when Melodias beats Griamor, he catches the teacup and Eli is finally watching his smile.

    Ban and Emile before, Melodias and Eli now.., love is a topic in this story. Great cover btw!

    Veronika's movement is clearly the necklace. She went to put it in Eli's neck, not to rescue her.

    About the shadow, I have felt all the time: "Melodias is not that tall". If his sword hides a monster, his short version can hide another monster.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was King who pushed the teacup (distraction strategy).
    Last edited by ukimix; May 15, 2013 at 08:21 AM.

  12. #145
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner jues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Finland
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

    It was in my opinion pretty clear that it was King who twitched his finger and made the teacup fall. I find it great that the author has very good sense of keeping the story interesting by only adding mysteries one after another. All the characters so far have been excellent and I can't believe that there's still 3 more main protagonist characters yet to be introduced.

    The only thing I'm "worrying" is that the series is obviously progressing in an excellently swift manner, so how long is it going to last?

  13. #146
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

    Ey, Red Hawk Scans is searching where to buy this old oneshot of Nanatsu written by Suzuki, in order to make a quality release. It would be very appreciate it if someone could provide useful information. Here I post all the data about this oneshot; also I share some raw scans provided by user Gooseberry from Red Hawk site. Red Hawk can't use those raw scans to make a quality release, as it's cleared in this post.





    Nanatsu no Taizai Oneshot

    Release Date: November 22, 2011, Weekly Shounen Magazine-52-2011
    Total Pages: 56

    Spoiler: Image gallery show

    Download RAW: Mega || MF



    In this thread of their site you can provide useful information.
    Last edited by ukimix; May 16, 2013 at 10:40 AM.

  14. #147
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

    Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    Loved this chapter a lot:

    - the mindgame of Veronica towards her sister: the mangaka did a very good job because he managed to give me the same feelings as Elizabeth. I have some blind faith in the sins too.
    - meliodas: he was kinda different that other times. Determined, serious but on the other hand frightening too. His eyes and stare were different.
    - the cup of tea scene: it gave more suspense to the fight between the holy knight and meliodas. You could feel that Meliodas was going to win before the cup hit the ground. But what was its reason: was he invisible for Elizabeth during that scene?

    The last page is frightening en raises some questions
    I think that's the exact reason why he won, besides the fact that they also worked well to distract Griamor with dropping the tea cup. I was worried that it'd turn into a big scrap, seeing as Meliodas doesn't have his sacred treasure, but the suspense from the cup slowly falling and the Sin and Holy Knight trying to one-up each other before it touches the ground and alerts more people, was just so well done.

    With the introduction of Veronica to the story, I also look forward to meeting Elizabeth's other sisters and seeing what contrasting personality the mangaka gives them.

    This 4th panel really captures Meliodas' determination to rescue Elizabeth:

    Spoiler show


    The shadow of Meliodas reminded me of the Symbiote from Spiderman 3 a bit....
    Last edited by goldb; May 16, 2013 at 01:22 PM.

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #148
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

    Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    - the cup of tea scene: it gave more suspense to the fight between the holy knight and meliodas. You could feel that Meliodas was going to win before the cup hit the ground. But what was its reason: was he invisible for Elizabeth during that scene?

    The last page is frightening en raises some questions
    Eli didn't see Melodias while the teacup falls. It's clear because of the panels the author dedicated to her, rising her head to see what is happening. While the teacup falls, she rises her head: in the beginning she's looking at the floor, in the end she's looking at Melodias. The reason for pushing the teacup was to distract Griamor, I think.

    About the shadow and the allegedly beast inside of Melodias, I think it's connected with the fact that all of them are sins. It could be a reason why they are called sins, and possibly all sins could have an inner beast inside.
    Last edited by ukimix; May 16, 2013 at 11:16 AM.

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #149
    Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

    Thanks guys

    Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post

    About the shadow and the allegedly beast inside of Melodias, I think it's connected with the fact that all of them are sins. It could be a reason why they are called sins, and possibly all sins could have an inner beast inside.
    Well, the author might have drawn this for several reasons. Well, it strengthens the bond between Meliodas and Elizabeth. It might be a manifestation of his sin and chances are high that this sin is some hidden power for the future when things will get nastier.

    And... It is not because something looks monstrous that this equals evil and bad. Some sins have lost their sacred treasure and this might explain why that shadow looks horrible. The sins' power and the sins themselves need their sacred treasure as an output of their huge power. Never say never but it could be possible that without their treasure, their power becomes somewhat a burden. Sacred as an equivalent for their sins, a sacred treasure might be their virtue..
    Last edited by Koen; May 17, 2013 at 12:58 AM.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

  19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  20. #150
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Chile
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    879
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

    Trunks revived into Meliodas this chapter, it were awesome the motion scenes.

New Reply
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts