Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Name for new archive?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coffin of Eternal Darkness

1 10.00%
  • Vault of Sacred Treasures

2 20.00%
  • Holy Knigh' Archives

1 10.00%
  • Fairy King's Forest

1 10.00%
  • Baste Dungeon

0 0%
  • Capital of the Dead

4 40.00%
  • Forest of White Dreams

1 10.00%
  • Boar Hat Bar

4 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Nanatsu no Taizai Hangout Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner jues's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

In my opinion the chapter wasn't anything special, though I didn't find it disappointing at all. I think the authors style of showing couple of pages long flashbacks is an excellent choice. I find them more amusing and feel that they bring better flow to the story instead of long flashbacks, even though I'd enjoy one because the characters are so enjoyable.

The question for the next chapter is, what will Meliodas do? I didn't find the cliffhanger so exciting since it at least looks pretty clear that Ban has some sort of telekinesis ability. That feels so generic that I hope that the author really surprises me there.

Quote Originally Posted by ferdinbeer View Post
    My theory is they ate some funky mushrooms while they were getting food in the forest, and both shrunk. Ellie must be on her body somewhere, maybe in that pendant?
    Close one.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Just added the latest flashback to the timeline.

Quote Quote:
    So, in the distant past there was a ancient war between the Maiden Clan and the Demon Clan, which resulted in the defeat of the latter clan.

Seven hundred years ago King leaves his country for unknown reasons, with his sister Elaine remaining as the sole guardian. (ch. 25.5)

The Seven Sins were most likely formed between twenty to ten years ago, as Ban wasn't yet a member. So twenty years ago the Fairy King's forest is attacked by the Demon, Elaine dies and Ban becomes immortal. A short time later, he's arrested for "his" crimes. (ch. 25.5) The Demon is found by Hendricksen.

Sixteen years ago, Meliodas busts Ban out of prison. He asks Ban to join him (ch. 34)

Meliodas and Diane meet for the first time. (ch. 8)

Ban goes through his phase of collecting stuffed animals, angering King. (ch. 18)

Ban tries to grab Meliodas' sword, causing the latter to leave a permanent scar on his neck. (ch. 9)

Ten years ago, the Great Holy Knight is murdered and the Sins are accused of trying to stage a coup d'état; they scatter around and disappear. (ch. 5)

Five years ago, Ban willingly lets himself get captured by the Weird Fangs. (ch. 14)
    Last edited by Samui; June 25, 2013 at 09:11 AM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Samui View Post
    Just added the latest flashback to the timeline.
    Pls could you remind me from where does it come the data about the Seven sins formed twenty years ago or less?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

After seeing this battle, i reminded Shen from the Dragon Ball's Tenkaichi Budokai when he fought with Yamcha... which resembles a lot with Cain, so i bet he's an important character in the series, hope not a Sin.

Good chap, better than the previous, the mushroom plot was one of the shittiest thing i ever seen in manga. After the semifinals the good guys will start the act to... don't know D: they are old knights and only want to retrieve Elizabeth.

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Pls could you remind me from where does it come the data about the Seven sins formed twenty years ago or less?
    It's nothing but an assumption, honestly. Ban seems to be the closest to Meliodas, but he joined only 16 years ago. Meliodas was wearing the same cloths both when he met Diane and when he came to see Ban, so I think perhaps that he first met Diane then went to see Ban. The flashback where we see Ban get his scar is the first mention we have of Meliodas being the Captain of the Sins, and that is "a long time" after he and Ban met. I can only imagine that it's been atleast three years since their first meeting.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's nothing but an assumption, honestly. Ban seems to be the closest to Meliodas, but he joined only 16 years ago. Meliodas was wearing the same cloths both when he met Diane and when he came to see Ban, so I think perhaps that he first met Diane then went to see Ban. The flashback where we see Ban get his scar is the first mention we have of Meliodas being the Captain of the Sins, and that is "a long time" after he and Ban met. I can only imagine that it's been atleast three years since their first meeting.
    In this chapter Melodias seems to be recruiting Ban. I would bet the sins should have formed 16 or more years ago, but not less than that.

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    In this chapter Melodias seems to be recruiting Ban. I would bet the sins should have formed 16 or more years ago, but not less than that.
    That's what I said. They likely formed between 20 to 16 years ago.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what I said. They likely formed between 20 to 16 years ago.
    You should reread your post.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm bored of the fighting, but I liked the flashback and the relationship Ban and Melodias have.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanatsu No Taizai 35 Raw Spoiler

More Pics Click --> Heret

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I was getting tired of the fighting, but this chapter was pretty cool and well choreographed.

Also, I hate using this term, but Ban is starting to look pretty hax. He's got immortality, his "snatch" power, AND he hasn't even gotten his weapon back yet. I look forward to how intense his fights will get once the story reaches it's climax.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes there has to be limits to his powers or else it could become a bit dull. I guess we will see next week how this match ends but I wouldn't bet on Ban victory. It's a shonen after all :-)
    It was interesting to learn about Ban power. It explains how he got the immortality fountain glass easily and the knife from the girl. And the fight is quite cool so I'm ok with it as long as it does not drag to much more. The other one were short enough to make the pace of this tournament to my liking.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Ban is getting a little drunk with power. He's losing himself a bit and is about to go too far. I predict that next chapter, Melodias will get disqualified because he is going to have to pull out his dragon sword and knock the sense back into Ban. Kind of reminiscent of the time when Ban tried to take his dragon sword and Melodias gave him that scar.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner The Black Sun's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Ban is always like that, he's "having fun". when he face a strong opponent that how he act.
    and the judge said that the hilt won't disqualified him. I think he will get a little mad and give one hell of a hit to Ban. maybe he'll use it like the beginning of the manga that he multiplied the attack and sent it back to the opponent.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The serie will have 2 chapters in a single issue "soon".

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast