Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Nanatsu no Taizai 74 Spoiler Thread

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanatsu no Taizai 74 Spoiler Thread

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Nanatsu no Taizai.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanatsu no Taizai 74 Spoiler Thread

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/239297/...red-hawk-neo/1
    Chapter out

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

To me the chapter was somewhat of a letdown. We did not get any insight in regards to king's ability, disaster, and it was more of the same in regards to the sins being god among ants who only have trouble in battle because they cannot be bothered to actually try to win. I guess in the end the fight made sense, it makes sense that king would be so overwhelmingly stronger than helbram even if helbram is supposed to be as strong as a great holy knight. We do know that king alone dealt with entire invasions back in the fairy kingdom at some point, that alone implies he was dealing with people like holy knights was a given. Adding the power of the holy knights to his own was a nice trick but in the past chapters I did write how I don't see that making a difference in this fight. The power of average holy knights is negligible next to that of the sins or holy knights.... Even gaera seems to be much stronger than the guys supporting helbram and still, she is not a match to gilthunder or hauser who are not a match to the sins or great holy knights... Helbrams ability is good but I maintain that based on who shares power with him the ability is more meant to actually power up otherwise weak abilities with his own incredible power rather than him being powered up. He would need people like great holy knights or perhaps a couple hundred normal holy knights (compared to his usual dozen or so) for the actual raw power he receives to make a difference. I was kinda hoping we would actually see king struggle to win this one but it does seem like helbram was not much of a match once king actually tried even though he had taken a decent bit of damage.

I am actually a bit curious about helbram's sword though. It behaved a lot like king's chastiefol in that last bit of the chapter, I wonder if it also was weapon forged from the sacred tree. I am a bit disappointed that the weapon went unnamed too, it was a cool sword. Perhaps the issue here is that we wills see helbram again. King presumably killed him hundreds of years ago with an even more severe wound (stabbed through the heart) so helbram will survive and come back to antagonize king again. I wonder how did helbram survive this... I get the impression there is an actual individual playing and manipulating helbram and hendricksen here, someone who saved helbram and is manipulating hendricksen into the whole war thing and perhaps the person meliodas has been fighting for 3000 years. I just hope it is not a twin brother of meliodas though.... It would be interesting if it was a person from the goddess clan. Ban believes they can bring back elaine to life, perhaps they already did that with helbram?

The end of the chapter was a tad weird, it kinda seem like helbram went back to how he was when he was king's friend...

I am also somewhat surprised there is an 8th form to chastiefol. I thought there would be only seven forms to it given the number 7 being a tad relevant in the manga. I guess chastiefol can have as many forms as king wants though.... I really wish the manga would actually give details regarding what king's disaster actually does.

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

I guess the last weird bit is that hebram said he did not intent to continue but could not stop. I have theorized there is some outside force somehow manipulating the holy knights into being assholes but in helbram's case the situation is different it seems. Not only he is being manipulated, he can't stop, it almost seems like he is being forced into it. Perhaps the reason has to do with elaine being alone at the sacred tree? When king left she was not alone, what happened to the other fairies and fairy critters? Maybe they are being used to extort helbram into doing stuff he does not want to do?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Nico Brown's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Man I hope Helbram somehow survives again (though I doubt it) but it was a great chapter nonetheless. King finally went all out and well truly showed why he is the fairy king. I like how Helbram went out, finally able to revert back to his old self/personality after 700 years of hate. It seemed like a very fitting end to a great character.

Also Kkck, I don't think Helbram literally meant he was being controlled to hate and kill humans, I think he meant that he no longer could keep himself from killing after hundreds of years of dedicating his life to doing so. It just became a habitual thing that even if he wanted to, there is really no point in stopping now that he's been doing it for so long. His revenge had basically corrupted him a long time ago.
    http://imageshack.com/a/img839/2732/ppsj.jpg

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

My first thought about helbram's intentions were along the lines of that but the way he said it simply did not add up. He said "I don't intent to continue but I can't stop" and then went ballistic. Helbram going ballistic is actually quite weird IMO, the guy has basically been calmed through all the crap he has been thrown at. He even remained calm without changing back to his true form while fighting diane and being thrown a mountain at, he remained calm while king pummeled him for a bit and asked him to change back.... He seems to have gone crazy with no provocation. Even weirder perhaps is that he switched to using the power of the holy knights and fighting with his sword when he had been using the sacred tree most of the time so far. And then as he seemingly laid dying he seemed to have regresed to what he used to be talking to harlequeen in a somewhat apologetic manner as if he was an old friend.... Its just weird... Makes me thinking of gaera suddenly caring about people dying in the kingdom because of the holy knights when she had been every bit as murderous not too long ago (she almost destroyed byzel and everyone there not too long ago).

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

I wonder if diane remembered king from her past after all of this....

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It'd be nice if she remembers. King deserves the love after all of this

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Boring fight, underwhelming backstory. And now Helbram is dead..., I am not even slightly touched by their "friendship" but I wanted him to stay alive...
    He seemed to be controlled by someone stronger.

The most interesting thing in this chapter was the confirmation that Elizabeth is a special woman. I want to see what is happening on Hendricksen' s side.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_24.gif

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, reading the chapter again, I'm thinking, similar to a few of you, that Helbram may have been controlled, or to be more specific, possessed. I think there is something within the upper echelon of Holy Knights that gives them much more power than usual. It actually makes me think back to when Gowther was kicked out of Dreyfus's mind a while ago by an unknown entity? I think that may have something to do with it. That, as well as the technique Helbram used in this chapter, "Blind Follow" seems a bit suspicious as well. That's a pretty unique and powerful move just to drop on us like this and abandon and I doubt it's something he got from using Link. That's too powerful a move for a basic Holy Knight to have. I'm actually curious if any other Great Holy Knight has the ability to use it. So yeah, I'm joining the "Helbram was controlled" bandwagon, except I think it's most Holy Knight's. It may have something to do with the Demon Blood Ritual.

New Reply