Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nanatsu no Taizai Anime Discussion Thread

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanatsu no Taizai Nanatsu no Taizai Anime Discussion Thread

Nanatsu no Taizai

Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: October 5, 2014 to ?
    Producers: A-1 Pictures
    Genres: Action, Fantasy
    Director: Okamura Tensai
    Starring: Yuki Kaji, Jun Fukuyama, Sora Amamiya
    Based on a Manga: Nanatsu no Taizai

Synopsis:

The "Seven Deadly Sins," a group of evil knights who conspired to overthrow the kingdom of Britannia, were said to have been eradicated by the Holy Knights, although some claim that they still live. Ten years later, the Holy Knights have staged a Coup d'état and assassinated the king, becoming the new, tyrannical rulers of the kingdom. Elizabeth, the king's only daughter, sets out on a journey to find the "Seven Deadly Sins," and to enlist their help in taking back the kingdom.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanatsu no Taizai Anime Discussion Thread

Watched the RAW.

The VAs performance are good but I really dig Hawk's voice, it's easier to see the weapons of the Sins compared to the manga panel. This episode was pretty good, hopefully there won't be major drop in quality. The OP and the visuals are OK.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Olho07 View Post
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Olho07 View Post
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

One episode in, well done A-1. I want to watch the episode in subs so I can understand everything but I get the general gist of it from the manga. It does seem like they've ruined some things when it comes to the Sins, which is not good for me at all. I would like to believe they were just guesses on their parts but the art seems all too accurate and clear for it to be that.

The scenes with Meliodas groping Elizabeth were my favourite parts .

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member alchem1485's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello guys, I am new here. I've watched first episode, and I think it's worth to watching. For manga reader, (yeah I know it just released first episode) did first episode amuse you? I mean, because it is adapted by A1, I have bad experience for their adaptation (*cough* magi and the other). If you think it's okay, I will hold my plan to read manga (will read manga after anime end).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner btbtiu13041's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Yikes Re: Nanatsu no Taizai Anime Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by alchem1485 View Post
    Hello guys, I am new here. I've watched first episode, and I think it's worth to watching. For manga reader, (yeah I know it just released first episode) did first episode amuse you? I mean, because it is adapted by A1, I have bad experience for their adaptation (*cough* magi and the other). If you think it's okay, I will hold my plan to read manga (will read manga after anime end).
    I both read manga and watch anime.
    I have to say the first episode really adapt to manga so much. It's very great.
    I love the Opening and Ending song as well as the soundtracks in this episode.
    I'm so hype for next episodes.
    There are some translation mistakes in the episode 1: 1) Holy Knight instead of Sacred Knight. 2) The Dragon's sin of Wrath instead of Sin of Anger, Sin of Dragon.
    I'm really sad because: _ It only has 24 episodes . Don't know if there will be season 2??? But I enjoy this series so much.
    _ Until now, I heard that no company sign this anime >"< We have to wait some fansub group.
    It's really good idea to watch anime until it ends and then read manga. You should not read manga before watching anime because it can make you lose senses.
    Can you tell me how you feeling after you watched episode 1? ( in case you have not read manga yet) .

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alchem1485 View Post
    That's exactly because it's adapted by A1 that I am not optimistic but the first episode was good.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard the only subs out are extremel bad, so I won't bother with that.

Really weird that neither an official nor a known unofficial group has picked the series so far, but I guess it's going to happen at one point. Maybe there even is a group already trying to give it a good translation and it takes longer because they can't simply use Crunchyrolls subs and edit them (at least that's how it's done surprisingly often).

Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

People who HAVE NOT READ THIS MANGA YET ( ALTHOUGH have seen the episode 1 ) , SHOULD NOT SEE this SPOILER.
    Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I heard the only subs out are extremel bad, so I won't bother with that.

Really weird that neither an official nor a known unofficial group has picked the series so far, but I guess it's going to happen at one point. Maybe there even is a group already trying to give it a good translation and it takes longer because they can't simply use Crunchyrolls subs and edit them (at least that's how it's done surprisingly often).
    I am very disapointed that no "an official or a known unofficial group has picked the series so far", too.
    This series is really good with me. I don't know other people's oppinion but sure that " The Seven Deadly Sins" is not bad.
    Hoping some group will get efford to translate this anime as good as they can.
    Last edited by btbtiu13041; October 06, 2014 at 10:51 AM.

MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nico Brown's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard that Netflix has apparently bought the rights to Nanatsu no Taizai anime instead of Crunchyroll and because of that we won't get an official translation out until Netflix puts it on their site in Spring 2015. Now hopefully I heard wrong but it would make some sense as to why there hasn't been an official group to translate it yet. So unfortunately worst case scenario, we may have to deal with just random fan subs until later next spring.

Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nico Brown View Post
    I heard that Netflix has apparently bought the rights to Nanatsu no Taizai anime instead of Crunchyroll and because of that we won't get an official translation out until Netflix puts it on their site in Spring 2015. Now hopefully I heard wrong but it would make some sense as to why there hasn't been an official group to translate it yet. So unfortunately worst case scenario, we may have to deal with just random fan subs until later next spring.
    That hurt me so much but it seems right

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nico Brown View Post
    So unfortunately worst case scenario, we may have to deal with just random fan subs until later next spring.
    Unfortunately? Most of the animes were subbed by these fansubs long before Crunchyroll ever existed.
    I really don't know why everyone becomes so dependant of groups like Crunchy.

Come on. Illegality is the deal!

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast