Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Why Obito makes sense.

  1. #1
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Blush Why Obito makes sense.

    I must admit I thought obito would never be tobi but now that it's been revealed I must say its been kinda obvious that obito would play a big role in this show at some point. We have been comparing tobi and obito only by the eye and his hair but that never gave real proof if it was him and not someone using his body or a zetsu clone.

    The real person Kishi has compared obito to the whole time is none other than naruto. The path that obito choose is the exact opposite of naruto. They are so close Even their color scheme is the same. Naruto being mostly orange with sum blue and obito mostly blue with sum orange. Both wore goggles at young age and both stopped wearing them. Both where seen as the weaker one and screw up in their groups. Both liked the girl in the group they were in only to have her like the cooler one kakashi/sasuke. There hair is the same besides the color.



    Remember how quickly Naruto got so powerful, the span of a year mostly.

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #2
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Milan/Italy
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Obito makes sense.

    Obito will never make sence.

  4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #3
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Obito makes sense.

    I will just stick to that it was likely to be Obito because (a) oh sure, like I'm going to take a big liar antagonist at his word that he's Madara, fuck that shit and (b) ... well, just a hunch that he was disfigured behind the mask. Only character that would have been significantly disfigured would be Obito.

    I felt like we didn't know enough about the other Uchiha for them to become serious antagonists. Shisui was a member of Itachi's cohort, and Itachi didn't seem to have any interesting interactions with Tobi. Contrast how Tobi always had a somewhat odd manner of dealing with Kakashi - arrogant compliments and commentary more than "Hashirama was hotter stronger than y'all".

    I have no good reason for eliminating Izuna Uchiha. He might yet come back as the man who knows everything.

    The others are way too out of scope.

    I kinda didn't want it because Obito is the only Uchiha who was optimistic and outspoken, unaffected by the crankiness of his clan. By making him an antagonist, all Uchiha became genetically predisposed to asshole-dom. A real pity.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

  6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Obito makes sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    oh sure, like I'm going to take a big liar antagonist at his word that he's Madara, fuck that shit
    Well, he said that when he was alone. So apparently he was speaking directly to the reader.

    Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Contrast how Tobi always had a somewhat odd manner of dealing with Kakashi - arrogant compliments and commentary more than "Hashirama was hotter stronger than y'all".
    I don't think Tobi ever said anything specific to Kakashi before the current battle. In fact Tobi always ignored Kakashi and never cared about him.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  8. #5
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Obito makes sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Well, he said that when he was alone. So apparently he was speaking directly to the reader.
    What pages again? If I recall, it was more of a pseudo-joke, like how Kabuto told Tobi "Uchiha Madara, you truly are in a league of your own" and Tobi muttered "wise guy". Just like the irony of Naruto accusing Obito of not wanting peace.

    Quote Quote:
    I don't think Tobi ever said anything specific to Kakashi before the current battle. In fact Tobi always ignored Kakashi and never cared about him.
    Oh he has made a few comments. None that are very notable, but it's the same with Gai et al. The narrative implies that Tobi only started to let loose after feeling fear at seeing Naruto attack. That's the narrative. Whether it makes sense or not... well, it's a freaking manga.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

  9. #6
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nasser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Obito makes sense.

    I'm very happy that Tobi turend out to be Obito. Yes, I like the idea that @narutotheory just posted. Obito is the grown Naruto, if Naruto choose the wrong path.
    The same thing in OP (Blackbeard and Luffy). But my problem is, the whole questions that Kishi didn't answer the questions yet. I'm not going to say he's a bad writer, I'll give him the whole time till the end of the series to explain most of the questions that I have. *If* he skipped and ended the series without answering them, then.. I can call him a bad writer.

  10. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Obito makes sense.

    The intention behind Tobi being Obito does make sense, but the way that idea has been executed and implemented into the story... not so much... (to say it mildly).
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  11. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Phoenix946's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Obito makes sense.

    I very much appreciate anyone's efforts to explain Tobi being Obito, because at this point I don't yet believe that Kishi would screw up as much as he's done with this. I usually love the background development that Kishi provides characters and the way that he makes villains human, he's done that very well so many times in the past and it has given me quite some faith in him. Feelings of characters play as much a role in this manga for behavior as logical reasoning, but Obito just not caring is not a good enough reason for doing stuff that at least at first sight goes against his plan.

    That's why I believe Obito's story is not done yet, which is why I believe good reasons for his behavior can be found. I'm hoping answers to questions such as why he helped in the Uchiha massacre and why he attacked Konoha will be outspoken when for instance Kakashi and Obito talk more, or when Sasuke and Oro meet the oracle guy who knows everything.

  12. #9
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Obito makes sense.

    The only reason why Obito "makes sense" is because Kishi whipped out his usual plot device called Hashirama to give a cheap answer to all plotholes risen in regards to the whole Tobito story ( Obito's change in height, his sudden boost from fodder to Yondaime level, him not going blind ) all the while modifying his timeline to suit his needs without taking into account what he previously stated, and then deceiving the readers by making Obito act, think and speak like Madara ( or someone close to him in age ) even though he was in the company of guys who knew his identity ( Zetsu, Kabuto ) or when he was alone ( with Kushina ).

    All the while with Tobi changing eye shape, eye form and all that to suit the whole Madara identity ( I remember someone pointing out how magically Obito's eyes changed in this chapters ).
    So while I'll agree that the symbolism with Naruto and all is good, how it was delivered still makes little sense, considering it involves Madara being incredibly trustful of a 13 year guy he spoke 2 times, claiming he was the saviour and giving him the full weight of the Tsuki no Me plan.
    That's what makes it even worse, Kishi ruining perfectly fine characters to suit his crackpot theory

  13. #10
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Yugoslavia
    Age
    38
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    172
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Obito makes sense.

    that hitler video is hilarious: "At least we'll find out about Rin", he he.
    I like Obito being Tobi because of emotional connections, showing the change of hearth and everything.

  14. #11
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Obito makes sense.

    The only thing i am going to say here is that Tobi=Obito really killed said caracter for me.

  15. #12
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Hiking_Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Obito makes sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    The intention behind Tobi being Obito does make sense, but the way that idea has been executed and implemented into the story... not so much... (to say it mildly).
    Agreed. With all of the hints about Tobi's identity over the past few years, it wouldn't have made sense for Tobi to be anyone but Obito. However, I think the author messed up his opportunity to connect the dots in a cohesive way.

    For example, Obito's motivation for carrying out the Moon's eye plan was because of Rin's death. Although this could serve as a partial explanation for Obito's change of heart, I think a stronger version would be one in which Obito was brainwashed by Madara either by Tsukuyomi or by injecting some of his will/chakra into Obito's mind. Not only would this make Obito's metamorphosis into Tobi more believable, but it would explain why he would impersonate Madara, even when alone.

    Another issue is how Obito serendipitously gets injured in the same cave where Madara set up shop. Not only that, but Obito possesses a unique Sharingan that gives him the ability to phase through objects and teleport. Is this all coincidence? On top of that, there is a timeline inconsistency that several other people have pointed out. Namely, that Edo-Madara said he attained the Rinnegan shortly before his death. However, we know that Nagato received his Rinnegan from Madara some 10 years prior to Obito's mishap in the cave. Kishimoto could have resolved these issues by having Madara select Obito as his apprentice from birth. Obito could have been genetically engineered to have a special Sharingan or he could have been implanted with Madara's will/chakra as a baby, just as Naruto was implanted with Minato and Kushina's chakra. Instead, Kishimoto contradicted himself by having Madara survive to meet Obito after his accident.
    Whenever someone writes the word "probably", I read it as "possibly, but not likely"
    Edo Tensei summons the soul, not the body.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #13
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Yugoslavia
    Age
    38
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    172
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Obito makes sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
    Namely, that Edo-Madara said he attained the Rinnegan shortly before his death. However, we know that Nagato received his Rinnegan from Madara some 10 years prior to Obito's mishap in the cave. Kishimoto could have resolved these issues by having Madara select Obito as his apprentice from birth. Obito could have been genetically engineered to have a special Sharingan or he could have been implanted with Madara's will/chakra as a baby, just as Naruto was implanted with Minato and Kushina's chakra. Instead, Kishimoto contradicted himself by having Madara survive to meet Obito after his accident.
    Maybe you get Rinnegan after having sex for the first time. And thats how Obito was born
    Maybe there is female Zetsu around?
    Last edited by pera2; October 30, 2012 at 02:55 AM.

  18. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Obito makes sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Well, he said that when he was alone. So apparently he was speaking directly to the reader.


    I don't think Tobi ever said anything specific to Kakashi before the current battle. In fact Tobi always ignored Kakashi and never cared about him.
    Tobi was a little weird with Kakashi.

    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v52/c487/4.html

    But the stranger thing is just Obito's whole demeanor and attitude. Now he turns up the "i don't like you, Kakashi' bit and starts outting himself when he was cool as a cucumber here...

    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v49/c462/8.html

  19. #15
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Yugoslavia
    Age
    38
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    172
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Obito makes sense.

    Mask does that to you, it is not odd to change behavior now that mask is off.
    I see it like when grownup man goes home to his parents, and they treat him like child and he starts behaving like child.

  20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts