Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nami

46 75.41%
  • Kumadori

15 24.59%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First Round 23. (Nami vs Kumadori)

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Round 23. (Nami vs Kumadori)

The reality is if Nami uses any of her abilities, she's going to win. Mirage is going to allow her to setup to do as she pleases, and her quick gust attack would give her the opportunity to activate her more powerful thunder attacks. Without any doubt Nami has the firepower to take down Kumadori. If she activates her Mirage, or gets her rod between her own body and Kumadori, she wins. Kumadori doesn't have the ability to stop her. To win, he would be required to end her before she lifts her Clima-tact. That just isn't going to happen.

The idea that Nami's role is that of a Navigator, and that as such she's only capable of handling useless fodder, isn't one that I accept. And even someone that does believe that has to accept the reality that the definition of fodder is relative. Fodder of the NW and fodder of Paradise are completely different. Early on CP9 were the big guns, now they just cannot compete. I'd argue that Kumadori is fodder, at least for the SHs as they are now.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    The idea that Nami's role is that of a Navigator, and that as such she's only capable of handling useless fodder, isn't one that I accept. And even someone that does believe that has to accept the reality that the definition of fodder is relative. Fodder of the NW and fodder of Paradise are completely different. Early on CP9 were the big guns, now they just cannot compete. I'd argue that Kumadori is fodder, at least for the SHs as they are now.
    I think present Nami would have a tough time with past Kumadori, let alone a present one, which could also have improved. It's been 2 years for everyone, not just SH.

You can imagine Nami setting up all kinds of preparations and attacks, but if she's even a second too slow, it's over. Kumadori never hesitated when he fought Nami and she was really close to dying. Someone who is super fast and super strong is tough enemy for Nami, any day. Sure, you might argue that Kalifa was also stronger, but that was plot induced stupidity.

I feel like every member of the crew is being overhpyed here. Nami has nice attacks, but she's not really suited for close combat. She doesn't have strength or speed to fight a Rokushiki master.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I think present Nami would have a tough time with past Kumadori, let alone a present one, which could also have improved. It's been 2 years for everyone, not just SH.

You can imagine Nami setting up all kinds of preparations and attacks, but if she's even a second too slow, it's over. Kumadori never hesitated when he fought Nami and she was really close to dying. Someone who is super fast and super strong is tough enemy for Nami, any day. Sure, you might argue that Kalifa was also stronger, but that was plot induced stupidity.

I feel like every member of the crew is being overhpyed here. Nami has nice attacks, but she's not really suited for close combat. She doesn't have strength or speed to fight a Rokushiki master.
    I'd agree with you, if speed and strength were the only factors that determined a victor of a battle. Nami's fighting style involves misdirection, and overwhelming and versatile elemental attacks. It fits her, and is effective in the face of someone who doesn't have overwhelming speed or power. I think Nami is being underestimated because she is always next to the likes of the Monster Trio, I also think that Kumadori is being overestimated. We've seen that Chopper, even pre-Monster, was able to handle Kumadori to some extent, so Kumadori isn't that ridiculous in terms of speed and power. And we've seen what Sanji was able to accomplish with Nami's body. I think it's a matter of taking account of relative abilities, and giving Nami credit for her increases in physicality since the battle at Enies Lobby.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Nami will be speedblitzed before she can perform any of her moves. It's obvious. Her moves aren't like computer or car's engine where you only need to push the button. Her techs need time to accumulate power and then release it. Even her mirage tech needs time and Kumadori just won't give her any time with his Soru. She never showed anything that can suggest that she can evade Soru.

Also comparing Chopper's performance against Kumadopri with her's is a very inpropriate as Chopper has way better physical capabilities than she had or has.

Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Well, Nami will be speedblitzed before she can perform any of her moves. It's obvious. Her moves aren't like computer or car's engine where you only need to push the button. Her techs need time to accumulate power and then release it. Even her mirage tech needs time and Kumadori just won't give her any time with his Soru. She never showed anything that can suggest that she can evade Soru.

Also comparing Chopper's performance against Kumadopri with her's is a very inpropriate as Chopper has way better physical capabilities than she had or has.
    Her most powerful offensive techs do take some time to charge, but her other techs do not. Her mirage and gust techs do not require time to accumulate power. And these techniques are both very useful in providing time to overwhelm Kumadori.

And I'm not saying that she has the same physical capabilities as Chopper, I'm showing that Kumadori's power isn't overwhelming. He isn't speedblitzing anyone. You're overestimating the speed of Kumadori's Soru, and his power as a whole. And you're underestimating Nami. That's it.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Chopper is a fighter, while Nami isn't, so comparing those two and saying that if Kumadori didn't overwelm Chopper, thus he won't overwelm Nami isn't right. Pre-timeskip Nami was way way weaker compared to Chopper, so I don't think we should compare Chopper's performance against Kumadori to Namis battle here.

Also about techs that don't need time... They do need time. Not as much as her strongest moves, but it would be enough for Kumadori to perform Soru and get in a close range with Nami and then she is doomed, because she will need just one Shigan to be incapasitated and then he will butcher her.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

46 to 15 to Nami?

Sounds like a bad joke. On woters, lol.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody believes in hair nowadays...
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it seems mostly like one of the best trolls of the current Tournament.
    Nami never showed anything to be able to win against the likes of Kumadori. Her attacks never had as much effect as Enel's attacks have, thus I don't get how her attacks can take serious opponents who aren't screwing around and go for the straight kill. She would have already been several times dead if not for plot issues.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Her attacks never had as much effect as Enel's attacks have, thus I don't get how her attacks can take serious opponents who aren't screwing around and go for the straight kill. She would have already been several times dead if not for plot issues.
    So is Luffy, Zoro, Sanji... Plot issues or not, she won against Kalifa, who is a Rokushiki user while using her best weapon : Intelligence
    And we've seen Kumadori screwing around too, I fail to see why would Nami lose against him

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the only thing why she won against Kalifa was plot induced stupidity, because Kalifa didn't even need to use her new DF. She should have just speedblitz her and use one or two Shigans two give her an underworld trip...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the only thing why she won against Kalifa was plot induced stupidity, because Kalifa didn't even need to use her new DF. She should have just speedblitz her and use one or two Shigans two give her an underworld trip...
    She actually did that, after using her DF, but Nami outsmarted her using Mirage Tempo, and she used Shigan on Nami too and she withstood it, she used plenty of Rokushiki techniques and Nami came out as the winner... Because she outsmarted her again

Also, you make it sound as if Kumadori is smarter thann Kalifa... That guy is worse

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the difference is still there. If Kalifa used Rokushiki from the start Nami wouldn't have any time to prepare her techniques since Nami's speed is way lower compared to Kalifa's. I still see that victory as mostly plot-induced.
    Also to endure one Shigan or to be speedblitzed from the start and endure from five to infinity is an absolutely different thing and I doubt Nami can even pull it right now after timeskip.

And about Kumadori... Of course he isn't smarter than Kalifa, but he is considerably better as Rokushiki user and that really counts here as the easiest way to take Nami down is to speedblitz her from the start and get her several wounds fast to practically immobilize her and then she is done.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

There are still people doubting that Nami would wipe the floor with Kumadori?
    That guy was so lame!

Even old Nami would have a chance against him.
    And she's way stronger than she was before the timeskip!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hah, pre-skip. That's funny.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast