Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who are the 2 unknown Shichibukai?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buggy

90 83.33%
  • Enel

8 7.41%
  • Marco

5 4.63%
  • Crocodile

0 0%
  • Jozu

0 0%
  • Aokiji

1 0.93%
  • Mr 2.

1 0.93%
  • Perona

0 0%
  • Bonney

5 4.63%
  • a character not listed

35 32.41%
  • a brand new character

67 62.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Shichibukai Are...?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The New Shichibukai Are...?

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Considering Law's ability, it doesn't seems he would be the one who cut Z's arm. It couldn't possible be Buggy either.
    Why? He has a sword doesn't he. He's been cutting people up from the moment he appeared. They can get their limbs back only if they are lucky.

But yeah, it can't be him, as I said before. Too young.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though Buggy would be the weakest Shichibukai in history if he became one, the government most likely has their eyes set on the ex-prisoners he has recruited in their crew- after all it would be very troublesome if they were to cause problems during this time. A lot of things happened after the war, and I'm sure the government was freaking out and wasn't in the right state of mind.

I have no clue about the second choice though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

As the revolutionaries lost Kuma (there must be a reason that he gave himself in for the marine’s experiment) .. Who got the affiliation with govt for helping revolutionaries from inside... There is a high probability that Someone from revolutionary would try to take the place ...

Buggy is an obvious choice as he got the letter from govt... I would like to hear the govt officials talking about it to know exactly why they chose Buggy ,,, c’mon for getting that position one has to capture Ace and other one gave 100 pirate hearts,,, And none of the shichibukai had such less bounty as buggy in their pirate days..

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

What's so weird about it? The transmission uncovered Buggy as one of the leaders of ID escape as well as former crewman of Roger with a lot of strong prisoners in his crew. All of Roger's crew was hunted, and yet he survived. A close friend of Shanks. Ace's drinking buddy. Started prison riot with Luffy. Fought WG at Marineford. Fought Mihawk and was unhurt. Saved Luffy and Jinbei's life.

That's enough to scare almost any pirate in Paradise. Plus, he now has a crew that could probably defeat most of the rookie crews if not vets, depending how strong those prisoners really are.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    What's so weird about it? The transmission uncovered Buggy as one of the leaders of ID escape as well as former crewman of Roger with a lot of strong prisoners in his crew. All of Roger's crew was hunted, and yet he survived. A close friend of Shanks. Ace's drinking buddy. Started prison riot with Luffy. Fought WG at Marineford. Fought Mihawk and was unhurt. Saved Luffy and Jinbei's life.

That's enough to scare almost any pirate in Paradise. Plus, he now has a crew that could probably defeat most of the rookie crews if not vets, depending how strong those prisoners really are.
    I seem to remember WB saying that the real danger or good thing about Buggy is his crew, he admitted it would be troublesome to have to fight them too (though im sure WB could have sneezed and killed them).

Its hard to imagine him as one though, he seems like a character designed specifically for comic relief, i dont think many would take him seriously.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I remember, it is stated that a pirate has to abandon the crew for taking up the position (hancock being the only exception because she is beautiful ) .... Also why would world govt be interested in supporting a prisoner who has escaped from ID and also is one of the main reason for the biggest chaos happened in the history of ID... It was more realistic that they would try to kill all the prisoner recapture them to keep the face of the govt and cover up the incident... And thus there must be certain reason ... may be govt officials just compromised and offered the position to buggy... even if that is the case it would be more believable if to be read in the manga...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    As far as I remember, it is stated that a pirate has to abandon the crew for taking up the position
    Dofla has one, and doesn't seem to try to hide it from WG (Croc had, too, but WG didn't know he was Mr.0 so he hid the fact); BB was also admitted with it being made quite apparent that he's got at least Lafitte. Moria's shadow men are also independently thinking, so they can be considered a crew, and I doubt WG thought he's got a bigass empty ship just cause he likes being alone. Seems like too many exceptions to me...
    And the rule is BS anyway - if they've got a top-tier pirate + crew, it's better than having just the pirate.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    As far as I remember, it is stated that a pirate has to abandon the crew for taking up the position...
    Honestly, I can't believe that old myth is still floating around. And it was caused by clumsy translation back when Yosaku was talking about Arlong and how he used to be equal to Jinbei. He said he became Shichibukai in exchange of leaving a monster in East Blue. The bad translation said he left entire crew. At least I think it was like that.
    Here's the page - http://www.mangareader.net/103-2142-...hapter-69.html

Always thought the idea itself was stupid and manga confirmed it. You've seen Jinbei is still a captain of Sun Pirates. We know from a flashback why he left a part of the crew. Boa has her pirate crew, Doflamingo as well. Crocodile certainly wasn't alone, nor was Moria. Blackbeard also had his crew with him. The only Shichibukai who were ever soloing wer Mihawk, who is a loner and Kuma, who is a spy and doesn't need a ship to travel.

So no, there is no rule that says that a Shichibukai has to leave their crew to work for WG. And yeah, Buggy and a lot of other Shichibukai wouldn't be able to do much without their crews. Boa can't operate a ship on her own and Doflamingo would be nothing without his people. Law may be alone at the moment but that has nothing to do with WG demands.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Myth’s don’t die fast ... Otherwise there would have been a ban on “mythology” already ....
    Yeah it is not exactly stated anywhere as the criteria..my mistake... Also govt favours and see that all shichibukai’s feel comfortable and govt extends their help and support for that... For e.g. Dofla’s businesses ... hancock’s treaty ... Law’s independence to move through govt old facilities... BB’s moving around govt facilities.. etc... And Sengoku indicated once that the pirate should be well known and a threat enough to scare away other pirates (here- http://www.mangareader.net/103-2341-...apter-234.html) ...
    For the crew thing.. it can easily be misinterpreted given the reason that no shichibukai has been seen with his crew all the time like other pirate captains.... Boa hancock is also referred as pirate empress rather than a captain... We don’t know anything about sun pirates till date.. is it serving under Jinbei or not.. All we know is that Jinbei took the shichi position and got Arlong and crew out of the jail in return and part of sun pirates became arlong pirates , part of it became macro group.. and rest remaining are under Big Mom’s wings... Croc was having a secret organisation under him which was not known to the government.. And as for Moria.. Zombies are to be considered as part of his DF power rather than actual crewmates.. He did have underlings I must say.. And doflamingo is more of like ..different organisations/businesses under him and he has appointed leaders to take care of it and report to him...

During the Marineford war when the shichibukais were summoned to lend their power.. clearly I don’t see any shichibukai was there with his crew or underlings... not even doflamingo for that matters... so clearly govt does not see their crew as part of their powers...

As far as buggy is concerned... My memory is failing me.. but what I can remember is that Buggy knowing Whitebeard .. He being part of Roger’s crew (or was it stated that he was on Roger’s boat and didn’t mention crew) .. He knowing Shanks and referring to him as rival was all seen by the ID escapes only and not the marines.. because whenever all this happened he was standing at the side of pirates and not between marines... But yeah he did broadcast some of the things ... I think I just need to go through war arc again..

Also I would say the marines must know about the buggy’s feat (funny) in East blue and how much of a threat he actually is .. Like how Tsuru was knowing about Lafetia when no one else knew about him.. Just an infamous policeman ..

And if buggy has been identified as roger's crew mate, wouldn't govt will try to annihilate him rather than offering him a shichi position.. They didn't try to offer that to rayleigh for sure... And even Tom was imprisoned for helping out Roger.. Any person related to roger is just seen as a threat rather than a helping hand by the government...

At the end of day it might happen that before leaving marines.. Sengoku knowingly trolled the govt by suggesting Buggy for shichibukai's seat ... Big troll
    Last edited by Ninja_Pirate; January 11, 2013 at 01:20 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

how bout Magellan? what happened to him btw?

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by salagubang View Post
    how bout Magellan? what happened to him btw?
    He's a vice warden now. Got demoted as a punishment, probably. It's not like it matters who's in charge in ID, as long as Magellan is inside ;D

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'de say that Buggy is a given, but then i think either Bege or Urogue might also end up being apart of the Shichibukai. Out of all of the SV's those two are the only ones left with no real intrigue to them, they've done nothing thus far to express their individuality. Although Oda could just change that in a single chapter.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the shichibukai are:

Kuma
    Mihawk
    Hancock
    Doflamingo
    Law
    Buggy
    Brand New character who cut Z's arm off.

The first 5 are obvious. Remember what the Gorousei said, they have to pick guys with influence. Buggy may not be strong, but he now commands a large crew of pretty infamous pirates. Shanks is a Yonkou, and Buggy is is known worldwide to be his good friend. Also they were crewman of the the most feared pirate to have ever lived. Buggy is guilty by association.

No one would mess with Buggy out of fear of Shanks, so it would make sense to pick him because he name carries weight in the pirate world.

The last Shichibukai must be a ormer level 6 prisoner. Oda has to keep the Shichibukai name a threat in the manga. Law and Buggy compared to the original 4 are pretty weak in comparison, so the last Shichibukai has to be a super powerful guy.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    I'de say that Buggy is a given, but then i think either Bege or Urogue might also end up being apart of the Shichibukai. Out of all of the SV's those two are the only ones left with no real intrigue to them, they've done nothing thus far to express their individuality. Although Oda could just change that in a single chapter.
    Contains some spoilers from the movie, but it only regards events prior to the plot in the movie.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Razh; January 14, 2013 at 05:49 AM.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Contains some spoilers from the movie, but it only regards events prior to the plot in the movie.

Spoiler show
    I doubt that the Shichibukai that cut off Z's arm was Law or any other SN, i mean at that time Law would have been like 13-14 years old and definitely not strong enough to do that to a former Admiral and most of his fleet. And the same applies to the rest of the SN's, i don't think any of them would have been that strong so many years ago. Although on a side note i wouldn't be surprised if Kuma was no longer considered to be a Shichibukai. Technically speaking he is property of the WG and is basically as far as we know a Pacifista with a DF ability. So there could be room for as many as 3-4 new Shichibukai positions.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast