Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Who are the 2 unknown Shichibukai?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buggy

90 83.33%
  • Enel

8 7.41%
  • Marco

5 4.63%
  • Crocodile

0 0%
  • Jozu

0 0%
  • Aokiji

1 0.93%
  • Mr 2.

1 0.93%
  • Perona

0 0%
  • Bonney

5 4.63%
  • a character not listed

35 32.41%
  • a brand new character

67 62.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Shichibukai Are...?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The New Shichibukai Are...?

This info is from Volume Z so it's likely it's as valid as the stuff from Volume 0. All the stuff I wrote is correct.

In short:
    Spoiler show

I guess other Shichis could also have changed but as far as we know it's just 3 new. Kuma could have been upgraded further in the mean time as well. I think others have more or less a stable position.

So the most likely list is:
    1. Mihawk
    2. Boa
    3. Doflamingo
    4. Kuma
    5. Law
    6. Buggy
    7. ID prisoner, veteran

Not saying there can't be some surprises later.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see much of a point in keeping a Pacifista for all intensive purposes as a Shichibukai. From what Doflamningo said and from what we saw with Kuma at the war he is basically a WG weapon with a DF attached. And if he works for them like any other Pacifista or soldier then i don't see the need in keeping him as a Shichibukai. He really shouldn't have any more influence or independent weight to pull like all of the other Shichibukai do. The point of the Shichibukai is to have none WG and Marine individuals with some type of power/influence helping maintain the "balance". Kuma should fall out of that category since he is a WG guy now. And i think him not being a Shichibukai might have been hinted at when he spent two whole years protecting the Sunny and literally not doing anything else.

And Law's position as a Shichibukai isn't guaranteed at all after this PH arc. If he and Luffy really do get their hands on CC then its just a matter of time before everyone knows and i doubt Law will get to keep his title just by linking up with the SH's let alone keeping a wanted criminal for himself as well. So as far as i can see Law's days as a Shichibukai are severely numbered...unless he makes a deal with the WG to possibly deliver Luffy to them at some point or just tells them that so he can get more out of the Shichibukai title. That would be an interesting twist and bring Robin's words of caution when forming an Alliance to light. Although his title as Shichibukai might have only been sought after to get to PH and get his hands on that key. But then again this is Law we're talking about, so who knows what he is really up to.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Except he's more than regular Pacifista thanks to his devil fruit. Besides, we don't know what state he's in after 2 years. He could have been upgraded, his programming as well. I'm not pulling it out of nowhere. A guy like Vegapunk never starts working and inventing new stuff. For now, there isn't a single thing pointing to Kuma not being one of Shichibukai.

As for Law, he'll deffinitely lose his position if the stuff on PH gets uncovered. But even so, he doesn't care about it.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Law wanted the Shichibukai position just for the sake of having access to PH, maybe he didn't know its location, and by becoming Shichibukai, he found out how to reach it, well that's what Vergo said " His alliance with Straw Hat demonstrates a will to fight back!! // Did you become a member of the Royal Shichibukai... / ...purely for the sake of reaching that room...?!! Law...!!! " (cnet trans)

Poor WG, getting trolled twice by pirates, I feel bad for them

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I highly doubt it's Bonney, she seems to be a tad too important for the WG to be established as Shichibukai, I find it more likely she was imprisoned or held captive but I doubt Impel Down.

Enel: More doubtful than anyone on the list.He's really not the kind to let anyone stand above him.
    Even then, isn't he in space?
    Nor do I see him as a Shichibukai seeing they're Pirates.

Don't see Crocodile being one again.

Aokiji is impossible, it's been stated or more implied he wants nothing to do with Akainu and is missing.

But yeah I do agree with Buggy for reasons already stated.

For the other:
    Roche Tomson, the name seen on the list of Prisoners of Impel Down Prisoners.
    Seems to be a connection to an actual Pirate that sailed around Brazil who was considered to be extremely cruel even among Pirates.
    Also, he has ties to a certain "Captain Morgan".
    Last edited by Beatrice; January 15, 2013 at 03:01 PM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Except he's more than regular Pacifista thanks to his devil fruit. Besides, we don't know what state he's in after 2 years. He could have been upgraded, his programming as well. I'm not pulling it out of nowhere. A guy like Vegapunk never starts working and inventing new stuff. For now, there isn't a single thing pointing to Kuma not being one of Shichibukai.

As for Law, he'll deffinitely lose his position if the stuff on PH gets uncovered. But even so, he doesn't care about it.
    Well i'm not all that certain that Kuma would require "upgrades" in terms of power/abilities given the fact that he does have one of the most powerful DF abilities we've yet seen. And as far as me referring to him a Pacifista with a DF ability, thats because Doflamingo refereed to him as no longer being Kuma but rather PX-0. To me that was a big sign that Kuma might not be a Shichibukai for much longer and is possibly just a WG agent now.

One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Well i'm not all that certain that Kuma would require "upgrades" in terms of power/abilities given the fact that he does have one of the most powerful DF abilities we've yet seen.
    Cyborgs don't evolve, people do. Look at the difference between Pacifista and SH pre-TS and post-TS. In the same way, Kuma's cyborg body lacks the ability to improve naturally, so if you overcome his DF, he can be very vulnerable some years later - he needs improvements to be able to keep up with the arising big shots.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think him being PX-0 is a general knowledge, or that being a complete robot would make him any less scary against other pirates. And Kuma mostly operates in Paradise. I don't know if he is a Shichibukai any more. Maybe not, but I don't feel like he would be replaced so easily. After all, that's one Shichibukai WG knows won't ever betray them.

And while it's true that he remained the same for 2 years while defending Sunny Go, he went back to Vegapunk. Vegapunk is likely to fix him and upgrade him like a boss. Of course, while there are drawbacks of being a robot (no Haki and shit), his brain could potentially be filled with shitload of information about pirates, marines, fightings styles, battle tactics or anything else that would make him a better killing machine.

For now, I think there are only 3 new Shichibukai.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

In regards to Law...

He's simply taking out Caesar Clown, who is not with the World Government anymore. And Law also took out Vergo, a pirate and traitor to the Marines. And also, Law wants to go after a Yonkou. So basically, he's being a model Shichibukai, hahaha. Plus, he can just blame stuff on Luffy if he needs to, I guess.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    In regards to Law...

He's simply taking out Caesar Clown, who is not with the World Government anymore. And Law also took out Vergo, a pirate and traitor to the Marines. And also, Law wants to go after a Yonkou. So basically, he's being a model Shichibukai, hahaha. Plus, he can just blame stuff on Luffy if he needs to, I guess.
    Well CC is not the problem, wanting to take down an emperor is. It's also unknown whether Doflamingo has help from parts of WG in his operations.

But if it comes down to Law himself, he waited enough under protection of WG and now he started moving toward his ultimate goal. He probably regarded his position as a means to an end, just like Moria, Doflamingo, Crocodile and Blackbeard.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Cyborgs don't evolve, people do. Look at the difference between Pacifista and SH pre-TS and post-TS. In the same way, Kuma's cyborg body lacks the ability to improve naturally, so if you overcome his DF, he can be very vulnerable some years later - he needs improvements to be able to keep up with the arising big shots.
    Well you're making that statement based off of the assumption that Kuma cannot use Haki because he is a cyborg. And if he can use Haki he can improve regardless of what he is made of. And if inanimate objects can "eat" DF's then i think cyborgs being able to use Haki isn't too far out of the realm of likelihood.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Well you're making that statement based off of the assumption that Kuma cannot use Haki because he is a cyborg. And if he can use Haki he can improve regardless of what he is made of. And if inanimate objects can "eat" DF's then i think cyborgs being able to use Haki isn't too far out of the realm of likelihood.
    You don't have a will, you don't have Haki
    How can a mindless creature have Haki...

It's as if you guys forget about Rayleigh's most important part in the explanations he gave, which is willpower/no doubting yourself is true strength

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    You don't have a will, you don't have Haki
    How can a mindless creature have Haki...

It's as if you guys forget about Rayleigh's most important part in the explanations he gave, which is willpower/no doubting yourself is true strength
    Where does a "will" come from in OP? Oda never defined it. It could come from a beating heart, a mind, a soul/spirit, a combination or those or something entirely different. Like i said, we've seen inanimate objects able to use DF abilities. How was it possible for Lassoo, Funkfreed, and Smiley to digest a DF without a body? No one has forgotten Rayleigh's explanation, its just that in OP for every "rule" there are several exceptions. And honestly someone like Kuma being able to use Haki would be one of the easier ones to wrap your heard around.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Where does a "will" come from in OP? Oda never defined it. It could come from a beating heart, a mind, a soul/spirit, a combination or those or something entirely different. Like i said, we've seen inanimate objects able to use DF abilities. How was it possible for Lassoo, Funkfreed, and Smiley to digest a DF without a body? No one has forgotten Rayleigh's explanation, its just that in OP for every "rule" there are several exceptions. And honestly someone like Kuma being able to use Haki would be one of the easier ones to wrap your heard around.
    DF is not haki. DF is external, haki is internal, and while you can research DF and try things out with it (like 'awakening' or feeding it to inanimate objects), researching haki means researching the brain, and that's some serious shit.
    While there may be exceptions to rules, a mindless creature being able to use haki is literally invalidating the rule. We may not know where exactly haki comes from, but we know what is the requirement for it. And tell me, what kind of will can a robot have?
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Can a sword eat a DF? You would say no, Oda would say yes. Can't get much more invalidating then that. Therefore i don't see the point in attempting to ague that a cyborg using Haki "is literally invalidating the rule" because you believe what you think is how Oda thinks are writes OP. If you question that last line, refer back to my first line.
    A sword eating a DF is going against logic, it's not invalidating one of Oda's rules since he never stated that it was not possible. Having something devoid of will use haki is invalidating one of Oda's rules. On the other hand, an argument can be made for the possibility of objects having a will, it completely goes against logic but can still go along with Oda's rule. It wouldn't be too surprising either considering the way swords have been spoken about in the past.

New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast