Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Who are the 2 unknown Shichibukai?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buggy

90 83.33%
  • Enel

8 7.41%
  • Marco

5 4.63%
  • Crocodile

0 0%
  • Jozu

0 0%
  • Aokiji

1 0.93%
  • Mr 2.

1 0.93%
  • Perona

0 0%
  • Bonney

5 4.63%
  • a character not listed

35 32.41%
  • a brand new character

67 62.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: The New Shichibukai Are...?

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The seventh post time skip Shichibukai-Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Spoiler show

One thing is for sure though, the 7th Shichibukai is definitely a man, confirmed in chapter 700 by Brannew.
    I wouldn't believe the translation so much,maybe he just said "the one I mentioned before". btw,where can we find the chapter for the movie? the one for the strong world (565,5) was easily to find out.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I wouldn't believe the translation so much,maybe he just said "the one I mentioned before". btw,where can we find the chapter for the movie? the one for the strong world (565,5) was easily to find out.
    It is not the translation, in the raw the character for male is used

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It is not the translation, in the raw the character for male is used
    But wouldnt that break the 24hour spoiler rule if you talk about something that isnt translated yet. etc.
    I mean for the actual Chapters, you arent allowed to discuss about unless its out for at least 24 hours.

No wonder i am so out of information in that case...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The New Shichibukai Are...?

Think of it as a data book, I guess. It doesn't have any story in it, so it doesn't spoil current events in manga.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

He did not really humiliate the government, Crocodile´s criminal activities did that. There are 3 things a Shichibukai needs, fame, popularity and power. If Luffy had been powerful enough, the WG would have had no problems to depict him as hero who saved Alabasta and beat Crocodile, thus also giving him the other two. Him being a rookie or being a D. would have been no problem since they invited Ace in his rookie year. The fact that he is that weak and still beat an asset of the WG would have humiliated them if it was made public.
    He did humiliate the government. Shichibukai are appointed by the government, as far as I recall, because of their power. The fact that an unknown upstart beat a shichibukai is basically saying the government is either weak or is incapable of choosing powerful shichibukai. NOt only that, but he also took out Moria, broke into Impel Down and escaped, and took part in the War and made a big difference, freeing Ace. And probably worst of all, he took back Robin and burned the World Government flag. Luffy is NEVER becoming a shichibukai, or any SHP for that matter, unless they gain allies in the Government somehow.

Ace is different though - he was powerful and didn't really attack any shichibukai or the Government in any way, if I recall. He was also becoming more well known throughout the land. If he did beat a shichibukai, I doubt he'd have been invited.

I forgot if it was mentioned they had a 7th shichibukai. I think Drake could be the new shichibukai. Dude's attacked at least one of Kaidou's territory. If he's still alive and free, then the Government most likely thinks he's strong enough to be a shichibukai for messing with a Yonkou and surviving.

Quote Originally Posted by alisdfd View Post
    nice info i think it is shiki
    he was a level 6 prisoner
    he fought sengoku and garp by himself thus i think he is the one who cut off z's arm
    If Shiki was able to take on Sengoku and Garp, and even managed to challenge Roger, then he'd likely be at a Yonkou level or way above shichibukai level. Is there any shichibukai that could take on either of the Marines?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I forgot if it was mentioned they had a 7th shichibukai. I think Drake could be the new shichibukai. Dude's attacked at least one of Kaidou's territory. If he's still alive and free, then the Government most likely thinks he's strong enough to be a shichibukai for messing with a Yonkou and surviving.
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/700/16

It is confirmed it's a new character. MiyamotoMusashi explained it all inside spoiler tags and me and couple of other plastered the info about it through last several pages. It's all on wikia. The source is One Piece Volume 1000 "Z". In there, there's a chronicle of Z, which recounts his past life.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

MangaReader does not work in the US, and the current computer I'm using at work is a bit too slow that I don't wanna look up the page now. If you don't mind, you can link me to Batoto's version, which has Manga Rule's scanlation.

Who or what is Z?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who or what is Z?
    Z is
    Spoiler show

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

MangaReader does not work in the US, and the current computer I'm using at work is a bit too slow that I don't wanna look up the page now. If you don't mind, you can link me to Batoto's version, which has Manga Rule's scanlation.

Who or what is Z?
    Here: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/158793/...y_mangarule/13

The seventh Shichibukai was mentioned, identified as male, but was not named, or shown.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

so, where is it confirmed it's a new character? If it is a new character, then how would Z make sense if he's already been introduced (not sure if it's canon)?

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

so, where is it confirmed it's a new character? If it is a new character, then how would Z make sense if he's already been introduced (not sure if it's canon)?
    Nothing is confirmed. People only are speculating. In the new movie, a pirate cuts off the arm of Z, the main antagonist. From what I understand that pirate is never shown, and never named. During the timeskip, he was released from Impel Down and made a Shichibukai, prompting Z to renounce the Marines, setting the plot of the movie in motion. There is speculation that Oda will introduce this character as the last Shichibukai. The only problem is that it does not seem that Film Z is considered canon. Unlike Strong World, Oda did not write the story. He produced, and designed the Marines, so that there post time skip appearance would not clash with the manga. According to the wiki Oda himself has said it is not canon. Though this needs confirmation, his lack of writing credit does lend the claim considerable credence.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't stop him from using the character though, but there wouldn't be the whole relation to the Z event happening. I still don't see why it can't be Drake or even possibly Bege, with his ability to hide things in his body. It'd make him one of the best smugglers, no? Maybe the Government would value that ability in a shichibukai, given that Bege does cooperate with them.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Nothing is confirmed. People only are speculating. In the new movie, a pirate cuts off the arm of Z, the main antagonist. From what I understand that pirate is never shown, and never named. During the timeskip, he was released from Impel Down and made a Shichibukai, prompting Z to renounce the Marines, setting the plot of the movie in motion. There is speculation that Oda will introduce this character as the last Shichibukai. The only problem is that it does not seem that Film Z is considered canon. Unlike Strong World, Oda did not write the story. He produced, and designed the Marines, so that there post time skip appearance would not clash with the manga. According to the wiki Oda himself has said it is not canon. Though this needs confirmation, his lack of writing credit does lend the claim considerable credence.
    Ehm, you are confusing some things. Both movies, namely Strong World and Z are not canon (or were never confirmed to be) while the volumes (0 and 1000) released as prequel and as build-up for the movies are. So basically, the happenings in both movies are not canon (Luffy meeting Aokiji for example in Z or Luffy beating Shiki in SW) but the content in the volumes are. Since the thing with Z losing his arm to the guy who became Shichibukai 8 years later is featured in the manga volume, it should be canon.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh, since it's been confirmed that Buggy is now a Warlord, shouldn't someone change that poll so people can wonder who the final one is?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy diposed 2 of the original 7. 1 left and is now a future crewmate. 1 is in love. 1 has a disciple. 1 has no emotions. 1 owes a great debt for his fame. 1 just formed an alliance. 1 was mentioned but not shown in anyway or named. Law and Donflamingo are only members on paper as one renounced and one is a traitor. Those two will be replaced by someone new introduced in the New World either already or during the Dressrosa arc. They will be named during the next arc. The mystery one will stay a member for continuity for a while but probably remain mysterious. It cannot be a former loss but because of the mystery has to be someone introduced already. Luffy destroys pirate wills so it cannot be anyone defeated, and he interacts with no active pirates that are not under a Yonkou or a Super Nova. Doubtful two supernovas joined the ranks, that leaves good characters that have been changed by Straw Hats actions. Don Kreig's 2nd in command, Sabo, or Bon Clay.

New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9