Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Masaki Ishida before it was Masaki Kurosaki ?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Masaki Ishida before it was Masaki Kurosaki ?

just purely speculation and figured i would tell people lol

Haschwald > Ryuken = brothers , they look alike , thats all i have lol

perhaps its Haschwald > Ryuken > Masaki = brothers and sister. . I cant really understand why Haschwald would look so sad at Juha defeating Ichigo. He obviously knows Ichigo more then we know. Of course Masaki doesnt look much like the other two hair color wise but you never know .

Ichigo and Uryu are cousins ?

What do ya`ll think ?

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Masaki Ishida before it was Masaki Kurosaki ?

hows this for you as well , Ishin used final getsuga in the past and Masaki used the Final Quincy form as well , resulting in them both losing there powers ??

Its all purely speculation but i like it lol

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I've thought exactly that for a while (minus the Haschwald stuff). It kinda seemed like Ryuken was Ishhin's brother-in-law.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm that would be interesting, except that would make ishda and ichigo cousins,,, and ishda doesnt seem to have enough power to be related to ichigo.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Regret's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been wondering the same thing and all of it seems plausible. I still haven't given into the belief that Masaki was a warrior but it would satisfy the requirements for Ichigo to be capable of Fullbring in the case of her actually fighting Hollows. I could see a scenario where Isshin and Masaki were trying to lay low and live life as normal people without ties to their families with Ryuuken staying around while keeping his distance. In that scenario maybe it was her death that reaffirmed his belief that shinigami and quincy don't work together.

I do like the idea of Haschwald being the leader of the sternritter and an Ishida which would serve as a basis for how Opie knew just how strong they can be. I don't know if he necessarily needs to be a sibling but I guess it would get him more involved in the story if he were. He didn't seem all that reluctant to take out Ichigo but I guess he could have been planning to be less rough on him if he did feel conflicted. Part of me thinks he's just a pacifist.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post
    hmmm that would be interesting, except that would make ishda and ichigo cousins,,, and ishda doesnt seem to have enough power to be related to ichigo.
    Well Uryuu is not half shinigami which maybe from where the real power comes. He does seem to have some untapped potential according to Opie.
    Last edited by Regret; October 27, 2012 at 06:27 PM.

O fragments of light, strike down mine enemy!

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Masaki and Isshin were a Shinigami and a Quincy that fell in love with each other and that in order to live a peaceful life they renounced to their powers.
    I now that we still need proof, but still, I don't think that it would be a bad twist.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be completely honest I am more of the idea that masaki was always a kurosaki and ishin at some point took her name. It makes sense, if ishin was going to hide in the human world not using his real name is the most basic thing to do here.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Masaki being related to Ryuuken, I can't buy that, unless Kubo himself confirms that. But, her being a possible Quincy is something else.

However, Ichigo using "Blut Vene" just tells me that because he's a special type of spirit, that allows him to use any kind of spirit ability that he comes in contact with or is trained in to. I will say that Urahara and Isshin, definitely understand Ichigo's powers to a deeper extent than Ichigo himself and that was going to be revealed towards the end of the "Fullbringer Arc", but Kubo is saving that for later.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lemonadez's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Markus View Post
    Masaki being related to Ryuuken, I can't buy that, unless Kubo himself confirms that. But, her being a possible Quincy is something else.

However, Ichigo using "Blut Vene" just tells me that because he's a special type of spirit, that allows him to use any kind of spirit ability that he comes in contact with or is trained in to. I will say that Urahara and Isshin, definitely understand Ichigo's powers to a deeper extent than Ichigo himself and that was going to be revealed towards the end of the "Fullbringer Arc", but Kubo is saving that for later.
    I buy that crap.

Ichigo mother being related to Uryuu Father.

Because we all know Quincy dont like Shinigami.. Uryuu father also didn't attack Ichigo Father. They also know each other including information about their own sons.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonadez View Post
    I buy that crap.

Ichigo mother being related to Uryuu Father.

Because we all know Quincy dont like Shinigami.. Uryuu father also didn't attack Ichigo Father. They also know each other including information about their own sons.
    They're most likely siblings. Masaki's and Ryuken's lineage is realted to Bach (father...?) and Isshin is just hella strong Shinigami, from some Royal Family it seems. His sword's power is inherited, and it looks like these are type of Zanpakutos, maybe related to some Royal Family.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryuken actually being closely related to bach seems kinda weird IMO. So far we know of 2 quincy wars. The one from 1000 years ago and the one from 200 years ago. Still, based on how people have reacted so far it kinda seems like each war happened against an individual group of quincy. If we pay attention it seems like the fighting style and culture of each group is actually very different from the other. Vandenreich seems to be a militaristic organization with no qualms about using or not literal bows. Ishida's branch of quincy seems to actually stick to the bow thing, do not use blutz and their attitude and attires seems to be more priest-like than anything else.

In this regard, both groups would likely have a common origin however they are still independent of each other. Bach is over 1000 years old, if he is actually related to the ishidas he would make more sense as a very distant ancestor. Then we have masaki. Ichigo using blut vene because it was in the memories of his reiatsu would imply masaki was in fact familiar with that technique. Still, blutz is not a technique which the ishida branch quincy seem to use so far so I would argue this points to masaki being from the vandereich branch rather than the ishida branch.

I think the most likely scenario is that masaki is some sort of defected vandenreich. After defecting she came in contact with the ishida quincy. Or maybe the ishida quincy were in touch with vandenreich and knowing souken was a moderate affable man he would help her. Perhaps ishida served as a contact for her to meet ishin at some point(either before or after defecting).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    To be completely honest I am more of the idea that masaki was always a kurosaki and ishin at some point took her name. It makes sense, if ishin was going to hide in the human world not using his real name is the most basic thing to do here.
    This is a good theory. Similar to Uzumaki and because IMO it would explain why no one (at least that we know of) recognized the name Kurosaki. I mean Yama-ji and the older captains didn't even flinch when they heard the name. Shinji (when Isshin fought Grand Fisher) and the others (during the Aizen fight) probably didn't recognize Isshin's reiatsu because, like Duniak was saying, he's probably Royalty (thus resided in another plane). My only problem with this is that Masaki wouldn't be a Ishida originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    They're most likely siblings. Masaki's and Ryuken's lineage is realted to Bach (father...?) and Isshin is just hella strong Shinigami, from some Royal Family it seems. His sword's power is inherited, and it looks like these are type of Zanpakutos, maybe related to some Royal Family.
    I prefer this theory. It would explain another reason besides the Shinigami vs. Quincy wars as to why Ryuken dislikes Isshin but still can't quite hate him. His sister falls for a Shinigami and then that Shinigami fails to protect her and she dies. I can see Kubo explaining this is how they know each other but why their conversation seemed tense. Sort of like "I don't like you but I tolerate you because my sister loved you and you're the father of my nieces and nephew."

As for how Bach fits in I hope he's more like the father of all Quincy. The one who 1000 years ago developed the techniques and thus the Quincies were born. Sort of like the OG. I'd rather this because i like Ishida Souken's character. If Masaki turns out to be Ryuken's sister better Souken be the father than Bach.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck
    Wouldn't that make their family a target by using her name?

Who knows, maybe it's just a made up name. I really do wonder why a Quincy would have a Japanese name? Although the Ishidas don't have German names either...if Ishida is their real name.
    I just find it strange that we see these German names popping up when the Quincy have had Japanese names up until now

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    Wouldn't that make their family a target by using her name?

Who knows, maybe it's just a made up name. I really do wonder why a Quincy would have a Japanese name? Although the Ishidas don't have German names either...if Ishida is their real name.
    I just find it strange that we see these German names popping up when the Quincy have had Japanese names up until now
    The ishida's seem to be from an entirely different branch of quincy though. They don't need to follow the same culture as vandereich. So perhaps the scenario is that masaki was from the same clan as the ishidas (but not necesarily related to them) and eventually joined vandenreich (the ishidas definitely know vandenreich) and eventually defected thus getting her killed?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a hard time buying that Masaki and Ryuuken are siblings, unless Souken is Masaki's father, which I doubt. I agree with kkck's theory, since it's one I've entertained: Masaki was a defected vandenreich member. This is a bit of speculation, but this may also confirm that Kurosaki was Masaki's last name. Since Masaki is quincy, it stands to reason that the Ishida's knew her, and would also make sense why Ryuuken would refuse to refer to Isshin as Kurosaki, given his apparent disdain for shinigami. I'm willing to bet that the truth about Masaki's death is what allowed them to settle their differences.

Notak
    Not all the stern ritters have German names, such as Bambietta and Gabrielli.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast