Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Magi 160 Discussion

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi 160 Discussion

This is where you can discuss the current chapter of Magi and make predictions for the next one.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 160 Discussion/Predictions

For a moment I was picturing Titus dashing toward the chancellor to hit him... the bishie is seriously angered.
    I want Aladdin to tell the old fart about the innocents from the royal family who were killed by magicians. To me it seems the chancellor doesn't realise he resembles in some ways the Goi he despises.
    Overall amazing chapter like always, it'll be painful to wait not one day but one whole week for the next night. In this one there is some really disturbing imagery, one we cannot find in Jump's shounen, but at the same time it does not reach the unnecessary gore from not-really-right-in-their-minds authors of some seinen series. Magi strikes a good balance I think.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member El Maco's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted Aladdin to speak up when the Chancellor proclaimed that magicians do it for the knowledge. Aladdin has already gone a few steps further and sees this knowledge only as a tool to improve the world, but that's because he's Magi of course. And he couldn't speak up without blowing his cover.

This indoctrination speech, which represents one extreme fuelled by negative personal experiences, will work great on the young magicians who will work to obtain control over the world. In an ideal world, the brief moment in history where the magicians were no longer exploited and were in equilibrium with the government and the people, would have lasted forever. But then some Goi interfered with a dirty war, reinforcing the Chancellor's beliefs. He's basically a good man, but just bitter and extreme.

The Kou empire is another such extreme. It still remains to be seen where Sinbad stands.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raijatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

And when i thought I could feel smypathy for the Chancellor he showed his true collours...
    despite his experience and trauma in the end he is just an intellectual elitist.
    A pursue of knowledge is fine by itself but he completely ingores ethics and morale. it's comparable to Andrew Ryan in Bioshock as knowledge and progress of the individual/magician is all that matters.
    Because he sees goi as inferior he ignores their human rights.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked these chapters, it shows more than just have slaves in the gruesome of human nature. This election, of what live has give to him it, certainly make a complement to this fact of a conformist species. It went smoothly this ideology to me.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well sure humans can be pigs, literally. But that doesnt make what he is doing more right. As the little foreshadowing tells us, the hate between magicians and the goi is what put the "other world" to its end =\
    I'm looking forward to aladdin's answer

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

wow those pigs and monster drawings were pretty... interesting I guess. Not someting you usually see in such a manga

Quote Originally Posted by Raijatsu View Post
    And when i thought I could feel smypathy for the Chancellor he showed his true collours...
    despite his experience and trauma in the end he is just an intellectual elitist.
    A pursue of knowledge is fine by itself but he completely ingores ethics and morale. it's comparable to Andrew Ryan in Bioshock as knowledge and progress of the individual/magician is all that matters.
    Because he sees goi as inferior he ignores their human rights.
    but don't forget that the Rukh around him still is white, which means his thoughts and ambitions are pure and not consumed by hatred. At least I got the feeling/impression that everytime we see white Rukh around someone it means he's not really evil.
    He's definitely on the wrong track though, I wonder how Aladdin and Alibaba will react to it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raijatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    wow those pigs and monster drawings were pretty... interesting I guess. Not someting you usually see in such a manga

but don't forget that the Rukh around him still is white, which means his thoughts and ambitions are pure and not consumed by hatred. At least I got the feeling/impression that everytime we see white Rukh around someone it means he's not really evil.
    He's definitely on the wrong track though, I wonder how Aladdin and Alibaba will react to it.
    I posted my Idea how Rukh works once in the raw spoiler thread:
    I don't know thats how black and white rukh work, people attract rukh through their actions and when giving into anger and hatred.
    Magi can use Rukh that is most suited for them (Aladdin white, Judal black)
    Cassim and the people of Balbadd attracted it bc they where so desperate in changing their country they gave into their anger.
    Sinbad has both types of Rukh in him bc he is both good and evil as shown in his machiavellian believes and actions.
    But even a good and rightous person could do horrid things if he thinks it is right. The Chancellor most likely
    does not attract black rukh as he does not see the evil in his actions and therefore does not harbour any evil emotions in him.

But this does not make hall his actions justifiable.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raijatsu View Post
    I posted my Idea how Rukh works once in the raw spoiler thread:
    I don't know thats how black and white rukh work, people attract rukh through their actions and when giving into anger and hatred.
    Magi can use Rukh that is most suited for them (Aladdin white, Judal black)
    Cassim and the people of Balbadd attracted it bc they where so desperate in changing their country they gave into their anger.
    Sinbad has both types of Rukh in him bc he is both good and evil as shown in his machiavellian believes and actions.
    But even a good and rightous person could do horrid things if he thinks it is right. The Chancellor most likely
    does not attract black rukh as he does not see the evil in his actions and therefore does not harbour any evil emotions in him.

But this does not make hall his actions justifiable.
    I agree but the bolded part is what I meant, it looks like he has no evil (or near to no) feelings inside him, he probably is doing this just because he trully believes it's the right thing to do to protect his people. Of course that doesn't mean that what he's doing is good, I just wanted to point out that he is no devil per se.

Not sure if he can be convinced though, this probably will end in some kind of conflict.

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member aegon-rokudo's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I could understand, the black rukh manifests when one curses his own destiny, normally because of tragic events and tries to go against its flow. Maybe matal didn't go against its own destiny and realizzed what he thought it was right, generating these events.

In other words I think that even if you commit evil deeds, but you don't try to go against the flow set by the rukh, you are still surrounded by white rukh.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aegon-rokudo View Post
    From what I could understand, the black rukh manifests when one curses his own destiny, normally because of tragic events and tries to go against its flow. Maybe matal didn't go against its own destiny and realizzed what he thought it was right, generating these events.

In other words I think that even if you commit evil deeds, but you don't try to go against the flow set by the rukh, you are still surrounded by white rukh.
    ^I agree with this theory

I think black ruhks were made or attracted not only through hatred or committing evil deeds... but by opposing the flow of "Fate" as been seen in the manga

This chapter was really good! Wow, the mangaka really knows how to put interesting twists and rumble the minds of the readers!

For me Matal is not really evil, yet not that pure too. He "enslaved" the Gois from the 5th district yet these people were given free food, leisure, and are free to achieve their humane desires (like lusts, gluttony, etc.) HE has mentioned that these people were lazy to work hard for their lives even though they have been kept underground.

But still his methodology is wrong because innocent people, especially the children were greatly affected by this kind of deed. Yet Matal is doing this for the sake of giving the magicians a better place to live in.

New Reply