Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Magi 161 Discussion

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi 161 Discussion

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Magi.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 161 Discussion/Predictions

The chapter is out on Sense-Scan guys~

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought this chapter was really good, because it didn't go for the cliche of people being INSTANTLY brainwashed. I loved how they set up debates and conferences, just like how any other university actually would. Another part I thoroughly enjoyed where people taking about the state of magic in their home countries, and how every person has a different, yet similar experience about being discriminated for being a magician.

The thing that I find the most fascinating is the concept of "a magician's country". In this world, there is no such country that can sustain itself with only its indigenous population. Heck, the history of the world seems to go through this constant cycle of indigenous people growing and dying out as outsiders make their way into becoming indigenous themselves. Is wanting to have a country for oneself really such a bad thing? Is being a magician equal to having a hereditary culture? And most importantly, where does being a political party end and where does being a country begin?

There was other stuff in this chapter too that was interesting -- like Titus wanting to help Marga for personal reasons, I wonder what it could be? Maybe that's how Scheherazade found Titus, perhaps? But I am really enjoying the theoretical discussion too. I mean, obviously what Magomett is doing is wrong, but if you change around what a magician is, and what a goi is, I'm sure there are similar situations happening in the world today, too.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raijatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Those who are gifted with certain abillities will always look down on people who dont have them.
    While normal people always fear those who are special. What comes next is a game of using and being used (alright sounding like Eurythmics here)
    but thats essentially the problem the magicians face. They are not like others and while the goi where
    in power they experienced extreme hardships. Now they are the driving force in this country and start
    suing the goi as batteries. Off course they ease their minds by giving them food and luxuries
    and only putting the scum, the stupid and the very poor, who would have a hard life everywhere else.
    In the 5th district. Remember how the districts are devided. With that the only people in the battery district are those without magical power OR
    those who cant pay taxes.
    This all serves the magicians to ease their minds. BC they have goi living among them saying *we don't oppress ALL of them like they did with us*
    or *The poor have a much better life than in other countries and their slums*
    th weak minded and poor Goi live a life of comparable ease and liek prisoners fearing the freedom they fear to leave aswell.
    But then we have kids like Marga, she was born there, she wasn't given a choice, she can't ever get wealthy enough to pay taxes.
    She was born into the slums and now has to live with it. My guess is that's what Titus felt as well. they share that bond by never having a choice. Probably he was born into Sheherazades family destined to be her servant.
    I really look forward to the chancellors reaction...I can't see him being compassionat to her....but I don't see him as a villain either.
    his Idea of a country for the gifted isn't so bad but in the end it's an unrealistic Utopia.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

i want war right now It was kind of boring, i hope excitement next chap.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

It's Judal on the cover... It's Judal, JUDAL!!!
    And wait, is that chibi Aladdin in traditional Japanese costume? And it seems that Alibaba got some fancy earring, probably another potential metal vessel? I see young Sinbad ohohohoh~!!(I would loveto see that in the manga someday! XD)

Oooh.. Another interesting chapter! The story line for this arc will really make you think which one is doing right or wrong. I can't say that Mogamett's ways or the academy's ways to keep the Gois underground were right, but they seem to be satisfied. I think the pure evil here is using them as livestock, and the children were greatly affected.

In addition, I think Titus sees his self from Marga. It could be that he was kept on a place, not knowing what the outside world is, and being used for such a reason.

I think the "Transformation" here is the fact that the magicians start to agree with the Chancellor's principles, or so what I had understand... I wonder what will be Aladdin's next move, so does the Chancellor.

And I hope to see some magic battle soon...

And I'm having a gut feeling that Titus is somewhat a "relative" of Scheherazade, or a clone of her in order to infiltrate the Magnoshutatt Kingdom...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I'm not bored at all from those recent chapters... they embody what makes Magi stand in a different, higher league from other series... plus I have a feeling there will be some action soon.
    It's incredible how the "bad" guy deploys many arguments in his favour and slowly gets the people to agree with him. He doesn't brainwash them, he lets them decide to follow him out of their own free will. I don't remember having seen a "bad guy" act like that before. I wonder how Aladdin will prove to all the students that Mogamett is wrong.
    Interesting, too, to see Ohtaka choosing the term "Goi", a term that really exists and is used by israeli people to designate non-jews... the similitude is clear : distinction between two groups of people.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

11. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Aladdin on his own will turn that group of students against Mogamett, I think Mogamett is about to do something that will solidify his influence. There is nothing about this group of students that differs other than the fact that Aladdin is with them and the fact that the underground district is actually what is making it hard to convince them is amazing. He is going to end up alone in his thoughts, so something BIG needs to either be discovered or needs to happen that will shake things up and finally reveal the true reason that this magician's country is destined to fail. And more importantly, why is MUST fail. But I think Ohtaka might also be doing something epic here, it's also possible that there is no answer for this and that Kou will just destroy it and through that basically force the story to progress towards the real solution to harmony. And I hope that solution does not end up becoming something that eliminates magic from the world.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Interesting, too, to see Ohtaka choosing the term "Goi", a term that really exists and is used by israeli people to designate non-jews... the similitude is clear : distinction between two groups of people.
    Wow, I didn't know that was an actual term! Great find I already found the magicians' past to paralell the history of the Jews, how they have been "scapegoated" and discriminated against for centuries. Though, in Magnoshutatt's case it's definitely more similar to Zionism, which is NOT the same as Judaism I hope Aladdin will stop this counter-racism But this plot is so intruiging! I'm looking forward to the next chapter so much!!
    D.Gray-man, Magi ~ the Labyrinth of Magic, One Piece, Ao no Exorcist

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    i want war right now It was kind of boring, i hope excitement next chap.
    Seriously why are you reading Magi for ? To me it's a great serie because it level up the debate a bit higher than good guys fight the bad guys.

The magician country reminds me a bit of the communism utopy. In the sense, that a group of elite people will help the mass toward a better future. All could go well if the elite intention are pure but it's impossible to stay this way and we already saw some magicians taking abuse of non magician. Also a country based on unequality where fundamental rights such as liberty are taken away can't be a solution. I wonder why Aladdin can't see that.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Seriously why are you reading Magi for ? To me it's a great serie because it level up the debate a bit higher than good guys fight the bad guys.

The magician country reminds me a bit of the communism utopy. In the sense, that a group of elite people will help the mass toward a better future. All could go well if the elite intention are pure but it's impossible to stay this way and we already saw some magicians taking abuse of non magician. Also a country based on unequality where fundamental rights such as liberty are taken away can't be a solution. I wonder why Aladdin can't see that.
    I already seen this on Zagan's dungeon, it isn't emotive at all to me D:

The old man philosophy has been explained, now Aladdin has to make a unit this reality and his dreams of the past of how the magicians have changed to the present, what they wanted. But that will go with a huge part of the plot so this cannot happen yet.
    Wanting war is the best thing, because this Goi people are the very weakness of Magnoshuttat, so it's the opportunity of Atkia to defend themselfs. That's why Titus is in that city right now, after all.

Magi has a great concept but with limits that recently has been told to readers. For the moment i'm not expecting much of the series, ironically the best history in a weekly mag out there, i recognize it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just caught up to the recent chapters of Magi so I was just wondering what days does the translated scans come out?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to say since there has been only one chapter since sense catched the magazine.

New Reply