Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Possible Arc after "GOD" one...?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko Possible Arc after "GOD" one...?

hey i was reading toriko manga again lol...luvin it more

when i read this page
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/toriko/c101/5.html

in this the vice chef says that the only ingredient that can satisfy boss(midora) is GOD...
    but then he adds "OR ELSE PERHAPS" ... could this mean that there is something even better than god ? otherwise why would he add this to his current statement..

this gave me a thought that maybe there is something out there which can replace god itself ? could he be talking about something related to ancient cooking followed by different race which ruled the planet...about that it was mentioned in the mellow cola arc
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/toriko/c134/17.html

the ancient king which ruled was sealed in coffin in gourmet pyramid...it was definitely nitro since it was shown in next panel only... so maybe nitros ruled the planet long time back and had some more awesome recipes...i think it all will be related to gourmet pyramid...coz it was a huge building and it was mentioned that it was built by some other civilization...maybe they have nitros civilization still living in gourmet world...or they shifted there coz of the level of ingredients...and abandoned the human world...

maybe the arc following god arc will be unravelling the true mysteries of ancient civilization they talk about ?

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Possible Arc after "GOD" one...?

adding to my above point it is already told that nitro can survive for very long periods of time...so this will go way back before acacia discovered god... even acacia mentioned about nitro he met when he was travelling across the world...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a nice catch, hard to say what Alfaro meant there. Nitro is one of the biggest mysteries in the manga and they are bound to have very important role in the future. Considering even Acacia knew very little about them, and God was has main dish, there is a possibility they had knowledge about dishes even better than God.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, this is a good catch.
    There are different possibilities:
    1. There is indeed something better than God and it might be something that as you've stated is related to Nitro who seemed to rule the planet long time ago. And we might see it just after aquiering of Acacia's Full Course.
    2. Alfaro might have been talking about some other ingrdidients from Gourmet World that are also very delicious and also he might be talking about other ingridients from Acacia's Full Course.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

at a point of time in manga it was mentioned that bishokukais real aim is not even GOD and it was unclear what they are searching for ... maybe God ingredient is just a stepping stone for something bigger... God might be something that can level up midoras cells so high that he stands a chance against someone much higher...

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Bishokukai's actual aim was stated to be in control of every ingridient in the World and in the current Gourmet Age it is practically World domination.
    So yes, God is actually a stepping stone for them.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Idk God had been mentioned in the Manga as a sort of End Game for it. But recently Chiyo mention the Phantasmal Ingredient of Revival "Center" that's not on Acica's Full Course his Houre De vas . The president of Igo also heard of the news and mentioned that somebody in the 0th Biotope was leaking information. This Ingredient could possibly be sought out after God. But who knows. I like the pace the manga is currently going, I predict another 3yrs-4yrs or so before God even appears.
    Last edited by XXGenesis; November 06, 2012 at 01:35 AM.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's not better than God. It's just a secret ingridient from Acacia's Full Corse, since it's effect is really too dangerous if it can reveave dead people...

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

It was said that when God first appeared, it brought peace to the world. And when it appears again, it would bring another great war. So God arc could be the just the beginning of another arc. I think that once God appears, the Nitros would return with it. And the war could be between IGO + Bishokukai VS The Nitros.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    It was said that when God first appeared, it brought peace to the world. And when it appears again, it would bring another great war. So God arc could be the just the beginning of another arc. I think that once God appears, the Nitros would return with it. And the war could be between IGO + Bishokukai VS The Nitros.
    I believe the NItro's are definitely gonna return before the apperance of God as they hold the secret and knwoing of possible location and appearance of the ingredient. I think they'll make a few more minor apperances until they come up from underneath their shadow. Also we've seen one that wasn't aggresive and apperead to be wearing light clothing. They use to be the dominant species of the earth so they could have Nitro's of different ethnicities n culture.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner jues's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

That is indeed a nice catch. Of course I'd like to see Toriko a lot more than being limited to the current God-dish-hunt. In my opinion it would be save to assume that Acacia wasn't any kind of over godly presence and God only managed to be the best that he could find - I would find it very unlikely that he managed to discover all of Gourmet World.

I think it's plausible to think that Toriko's Gourmet ranking doesn't limit to god, but I wouldn't be surprised if Toriko would end to him consuming the God and completing his Full Course.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DarkRyu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he'll consume God and have the same reaction as when he ate the jewel meat (or was it puffer fish), thinking it's good but there's probably something better out there, in other words, Toriko. IN. SPAAAAACE
    Last edited by DarkRyu; February 05, 2013 at 02:21 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Also remember this?
    http://i40.mangapanda.com/toriko/170/toriko-2953627.jpg
    Middle left panel. I wonder what he caught.

New Reply